Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 04-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #1891
terryscustom
Wood Butcher

Quote: Originally Posted by 401HITMAN
View Post
Who has some numbers for me on a DA 120, Pro Flows, and prop combo:

What header length do you have? And explain how you are measuring.

What prop are you using and what rpm's?

Jeff
+1. I've never cut a header before and if you measure on the inside or outside of the radius seems like it could make a difference.
terryscustom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #1892
planebender
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

I think I need to make a short Video on the measuring and cutting of headers. I will do that with the next set I cut and I will post the Video here.

Planebender

GP Engines Dealer.
www.planebenderproducts.com
TEAM JR
planebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #1893
terryscustom
Wood Butcher

Quote: Originally Posted by planebender
View Post
I think I need to make a short Video on the measuring and cutting of headers. I will do that with the next set I cut and I will post the Video here.

Planebender
You are the man
Old 04-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #1894
aarestor
Uber Contributor

I maidened my EF Edge today and I am very happy with the performance of the DA60 and Proflow. Sir you make a very fine product and I see more of them in my future.
aarestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #1895
planebender

Thank You Gene. Glad you like it. Best of luck flying!

Planebender

GP Engines Dealer.
TEAM JR
Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #1896
Bivens
Team 3DHS

I run a pair of 120's on PF's....I think my header length was 10.5"...but don't remember for sure....I just cut it to what Dave told me. I LOVE my Vess 28b Carbon Stealth prop......and on the second one...I'm running a Mej 29x10s carbon prop...a little quieter than the VESS and a little smoother..but not violent power like the Vess 28 prop....

I'll have to get some RPM numbers for you....I never really worry about those...but I can tell you I'm VERY happy with my power on the 120's on PF's....not much loss from standard muffs.....Feels nice, sounds great...and the neighbors are happy.

Dave...I need some PF's for my 170....movin' on up...
Bivens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #1897
terryscustom
Wood Butcher

First start-up and tuning on my 111 and Pro Flows today, and it sounds awesome!!! I've still got a little tuning to do, but I'll fine tune it after I get it in the air. I think I'm just a hair thick on the L or the H yet, but not sure which since the small stumble is right in the middle. Either way, with only about 1/4 - 1/3 tank run through it check out the smooth transition from bottom to top and back down:

Old 04-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #1898
planebender

Quote: Originally Posted by Bivens
View Post
I run a pair of 120's on PF's....I think my header length was 10.5"...but don't remember for sure....I just cut it to what Dave told me. I LOVE my Vess 28b Carbon Stealth prop......and on the second one...I'm running a Mej 29x10s carbon prop...a little quieter than the VESS and a little smoother..but not violent power like the Vess 28 prop....

I'll have to get some RPM numbers for you....I never really worry about those...but I can tell you I'm VERY happy with my power on the 120's on PF's....not much loss from standard muffs.....Feels nice, sounds great...and the neighbors are happy.

Dave...I need some PF's for my 170....movin' on up...
Thanks Man, You can pick up a set at nall or if you wish to, Before. You will love them on your 170.

Planebender

[QUOTE=terryscustom;1720334]First start-up and tuning on my 111 and Pro Flows today, and it sounds awesome!!! I've still got a little tuning to do, but I'll fine tune it after I get it in the air. I think I'm just a hair thick on the L or the H yet, but not sure which since the small stumble is right in the middle. Either way, with only about 1/4 - 1/3 tank run through it check out the smooth transition from bottom to top and back down:

QUOTE]

You are close Terry. I would run it just like that for 10 flights. If it begins to get much richer then take a sliver of needle out. Thanks for sharing the Video with us.
By the way, Nice looking plane!

Planebender

GP Engines Dealer.
TEAM JR
Old 04-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #1899
Huckin Chuck

Eww terry who is that man holding your plane? Better get him away from that beautiful plane, it clashed with the man's ugliness too much

Old 04-23-2012, 05:44 AM   #1900
ken crane
I WENT ALL IN AT JOE NALL 2013

Quote: Originally Posted by terryscustom
View Post
First start-up and tuning on my 111 and Pro Flows today, and it sounds awesome!!! I've still got a little tuning to do, but I'll fine tune it after I get it in the air. I think I'm just a hair thick on the L or the H yet, but not sure which since the small stumble is right in the middle. Either way, with only about 1/4 - 1/3 tank run through it check out the smooth transition from bottom to top and back down:

Tuning run up-3 - YouTube
what prop are you running?

http://www.planebenderproducts.com/
unless it says pro-flow its not worthy of your hard earned money!
ken crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #1901
terryscustom
Wood Butcher

Quote: Originally Posted by Huckin Chuck
View Post
Eww terry who is that man holding your plane? Better get him away from that beautiful plane, it clashed with the man's ugliness too much

Umm, next time after a day of Yardwork I'll make sure to clean up and put a tux on for you Chuck.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #1902
terryscustom
Wood Butcher

Quote: Originally Posted by ken crane
View Post
what prop are you running?
27B, I have a 28A to try but it sounds like the 27 is more popular for my type of flying.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #1903
Huckin Chuck

Quote: Originally Posted by terryscustom
View Post
Umm, next time after a day of Yardwork I'll make sure to clean up and put a tux on for you Chuck.

Much appreciated

Btw, is that a carden? Its sexy whatever it is! Sharp looking plane.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #1904
401HITMAN
I like Mountain Dew!!

When exhaust tuning, is there a difference between cutting off the end stainless header compared to cutting off some of the Pro Flow inlet tube?

Is the gap between the header and Pro Flow of any importance? Other than getting a proper length exhaust system for a particular setup.

Jeff
401HITMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #1905
Huckin Chuck

Dave can correct me if I am incorrect but i believe the gap is closed when the engine is hot from the metal expanding.
and the pro flows arent tuned, or at least i dont think they are meant to be tuned