Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 06-22-2011, 11:55 PM   #916
planebender
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by Aidison
View Post
Hi, I have got DA 170. Where can i buy kit pro flow canister?
Hi Aidison, I sent you a PM.

Thanks

Quote: Originally Posted by Super08
View Post
Send a PM to planebender just a few posts above.
Thank You Doug!

Planebender

GP Engines Dealer.
www.planebenderproducts.com
TEAM JR
planebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #917
vlysakowski

Has anyone tried these cannisters on the DA-200 with the 2 in 1 headers? I wan't to know what rpms people get on these.
vlysakowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #918
murry
Uber Contributor

I'm using the standard length 2 into 1 headers with pro flow canisters and both the transition and performance is incredible.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1413.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	391312 58.4 KB · Views: 66

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1415.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	391313 72.6 KB · Views: 109

murry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #919
Jkoch713
Hermit

Quote: Originally Posted by Hammerman
View Post
I have one on Pro-Flows and one on RE3's and both are happy. Neither of mine wants to run perfectly on mufflers or other canisters. I love the sound of the Pro-Flows.
Tried my new evo 45gx on stock evolution cannester with wrap around header, ran good and then ran poorly.,... Even when good, it had a significant jump in transition....
sounds like this is the way it is (jump in transition) NO matter what it is , unless it is open headers... oops, I mean "stock exhaust..."

I will send it out, but I think that the jump is considerable, and can see why guys go to stock exhuaust, and avoid all the headaches...if they don't have sound issues...
I can also see why (never though I would say this but so much wasted time on it) guys get electric motors!....
Or quad's....
Signed:
Disheartened rcpilot....

Last edited by Jkoch713; 06-23-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Jkoch713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #920
Hammerman
DA isn't Haulin it? It Drags

Quote: Originally Posted by vlysakowski
View Post
Has anyone tried these cannisters on the DA-200 with the 2 in 1 headers? I wan't to know what rpms people get on these.
Check with Mike Bacosa, I think he did.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #921
mbacosa

Yep...they work really well. I was using the 2 into 1 headers with the Pro-Flows and with a 30X13 EVO L I was turning 6350 on the ground. It was so quiet in the air and it made an already smooth engine even more silky. The throttle transition was excellent. I did lose about 150 RPMs when compared to the stock mufflers.
mbacosa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #922
planebender

Just a note to all: I just wanted to let everyone know that we have begun to accept some special orders. For instance, If your airframe has the Hot Air/Canister exit located too far back and the instalation seems impossible then we might have a solution for you. I have made a few sets for customers with the Extreme Flight 125" Extra along with a few others that were having difficulty installing them. So we made a "Special Canister" for that application that has the stinger extended 2 1/2" further back. Their is a small charge for this but the ease in instalation well makes up for it. I think we now have them in almost every popular airframe out there but if you find a need for a custom stinger location please let me know. Thank You!

Planebender

GP Engines Dealer.
TEAM JR

Last edited by planebender; 07-01-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:24 AM   #923
wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC

Ran my new DLE 170 on the ground on thursday. Sound was not too loud or too quite. Deep throaty sound. Very Good transition. My set -up was not for all out performance, as my header lengths are 11 1/4 and 10 1/4. This was done to have both stingers exit side by side in the pilot 300 extra. Have not flown plane yet, but despite unequal header lengths engine runs just fine. Very pleased with the quality of these cans. Aluminum is plenty thick , to prevent denting. Very nice indeed. Worth every penny. RUTNBUC
PS the T-Shirt is pretty nice too, as well as the decals. PROFLOW
Old 07-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #924
planebender

Hi Wylie, I'm glad you got your Extra in the air. Have to say, Thats the first install with those exact specs that I have heard of, But if it works for you thats Great. A couple of weeks ago I built a plane for a customer that had a tricky size canister tunnel. I thought before I modify the tunnel I installed 8 1/2" headers with the Pro Flows behind the DA-120. I kinda expected it to be somewhat peaky but to my suprise it ran awesome, Very smooth transition and great power.

Best of luck flying!

Planebender

GP Engines Dealer.
TEAM JR
Old 07-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #925
RTK

Quote: Originally Posted by wylieruneyjr
View Post
My set -up was not for all out performance, as my header lengths are 11 1/4 and 10 1/4. This was done to have both stingers exit side by side in the pilot 300 extra.
Hopefully you will not run into any problems with different header lengths. You might get away with it on cans, but on pipes it would be a night mare
RTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #926
wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC

I had a 3w set up like that, I bought used, Ran fine so I said what the heck, if it doesn't work i could get some one to weld the short pipe up. I kept the cut offs, just in case. This set up allowed side by side exit without having to remove a former in the pilot extra 300.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #927
Bam Bam

I've seen some people use different header lengths to get rid of a slighty peaky condition and it worked great! I think you'll be fine!
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #928
jlb
Gettin' Lower!

I may have missed it somewhere along the line but has anyone tried them for smoke and what kind of result could we expect ? Thanks.
jlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #929
wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC

Stay tuned for smoke. Welded stand-off to headers just past the flex. Thread pressure nipples into stand-offs. Soldered small dia . brass tubing into nipples with a bend that points the tube towards cans. End of tubing flatten to fan out oil. Will give it a try this weekend. Maybe PlaneBender can add smoke nipples to can on request ?
Old 07-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #930
RTK

Let us know how they smoke, I bet they do well
RTK is offline   Reply With Quote