Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Build Threads
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 AM   #1456
cwoycke
JET A

Quote: Originally Posted by yakpilot
View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys. Eric at B and E was nice enough to change the font for me. Awesome service and quality. The air release vinyl goes on so easy I'll never use anything else.

So True
cwoycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #1457
frank99
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

long shot any one need a set of the hanger 9 stickers for this plane, I got the b & e too, hate to throw them away if some one could use them thanks frank
frank99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #1458
Keith-H
Uber Contributor

After seeing the B&E kit i need to get one they look great, do any of you have smoke setup with re3's, im thinking of putting it in but not so sure about the mess
Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #1459
Robotech

View Post
I got my Graphtech gear last week. They look really nice and feel pretty light. Nice glossy finish. I'm just hoping they hold up well.
Just got off Graphtech's site and did not see the Sukhoi listed there. Maybe I'll call them Monday.

YakPilot: How are yours holding up?
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #1460
yakpilot
Uber Contributor

Only three flights so far but they are doing great. It's hard to make a bad landing with this plane though It is a real floater!
Try this link. They are back ordered at this time.http://www.graphtechrcshop.com/produ...4&categoryId=6
Old 03-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #1461
frank99

View Post
Only three flights so far but they are doing great. It's hard to make a bad landing with this plane though It is a real floater!
Try this link. They are back ordered at this time.http://www.graphtechrcshop.com/produ...4&categoryId=6
rob i am a newbeee , had a left , right , up down ,bounce landing, will the gear take that, thanks frank
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	su 31 015.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	451409 121.2 KB · Views: 95

Old 03-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #1462
yakpilot
Uber Contributor

Well Frank, that's a hard question to answer. No gear is bullet-proof of course and I think that aluminum gear is more forgiving of bouncey or side loaded landings. Having said that I have seen the graphtec gear on my 35% TOC yak take a fair amount of abuse without a problem.
I guess that's a long winded way of saying I don't know.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #1463
frank99

mine is in the back ground the pilot is david bradford our top gun pilot thanks frank
Old 03-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #1464
frank99

View Post
Well Frank, that's a hard question to answer. No gear is bullet-proof of course and I think that aluminum gear is more forgiving of bouncey or side loaded landings. Having said that I have seen the graphtec gear on my 35% TOC yak take a fair amount of abuse without a problem.
I guess that's a long winded way of saying I don't know.
thanks went to the web site and b/o of course , need some more bling bling,going to put one in the shopping box , did you order the off the shelf or beef it up , site said they make changes if needed thanks frank
Old 03-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #1465
yakpilot
Uber Contributor

I just got their standard version. Nice to know they beef up if needed. These do have a nice amount of flex though. When landing and taxiing they behave very much like the stock aluminum ones.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #1466
brandonduley
Let's go flying!!

First flight of the year with the Sukhoi in the books.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332104664.535484.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	451419 163.0 KB · Views: 85

brandonduley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #1467
sherman89

Frank, I would recommend staying with the aluminum gear as it is more forgiving than the carbon gear---the aluminum gear will absorb the bo-bo's where the carbon gear just passes the bo-bo's on into the fuse. I got some IMAC practice in today with my H9 Suk.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0423.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	451430 114.1 KB · Views: 101

Old 03-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #1468
frank99

Quote: Originally Posted by brandonduley
View Post
First flight of the year with the Sukhoi in the books.
bd nice pic this plane is a winner for sure good luck thanks frank
Old 03-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #1469
frank99

Quote: Originally Posted by sherman89
View Post
Frank, I would recommend staying with the aluminum gear as it is more forgiving than the carbon gear---the aluminum gear will absorb the bo-bo's where the carbon gear just passes the bo-bo's on into the fuse. I got some IMAC practice in today with my H9 Suk.
dusted mine off the other day for a few flights and nailed the first landing, second one it was crabing a little well maybe 45 degree to run way . Then i had to use my brain and thumbs, had a panic attack and seemed like the plane was headed to my nose,. Then left , right, up and down and bounce a little hard, should have went around. Sherman saw a pilot crack one on a good landing, this gear might not be good for me but does it every look GOOD! Oh a float comment, the pics were nice,you are having to much fun save some for NALL thanks to all frank
Old 03-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #1470
frank99

Quote: Originally Posted by sherman89
View Post
sherman just blew up your pic and WHAT a set of rims . What brand are they , sweet thanks frank