Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Technology > Radios
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #91
T3beatz
Build'em, Fly'em, Crash'em

Send a message via Yahoo to T3beatz Send a message via Skype™ to T3beatz

Quote: Originally Posted by litespeed
View Post
You should come out to Spirits and fly with me. I got a good 7 flights in on the new 71" Slick over the weekend. Could have been more but I'm a heli guy by nature so that was another 10 or so flights on the 700e and Logo 500. Our field is windy but I'll fly in just about anything.

Shoot me a PM if you wanna come out some time. It would be nice to have a 3D plane guy out.

Tom
I'm gonna try my best to make it out there one of these days soon. I like flying in the wind sometimes, but when there are 30mph gust I leave the planes on the ground!

Quote:
I put the 4020's in a 100cc beater. It is a heavy plane that really stresses servos. I want to see how well they hold up on it before puting them in a new plane.
That should do the trick, if they hold up good there then a 50cc'er should be no problem. let us know how it goes.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #92
YAKMAN76
So you fly toy planes??

Flew it this AM with absolute success. This old plane had the big 1/4 scale servos in it. It was like night and day difference. It has great rudder authority and holds a knife edge loop with ease. I give them an A+ so far
YAKMAN76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #93
T3beatz

That's great news! sounds like they should be a good contender in the servo market. Plenty power to move big surfaces around with ease... Next is to see how long they last. I can't wait to get mine in the air, the wind still has not let up here, right now it's gusting at 32mph!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #94
Chuchuf
Doo It! Doo It!

Put 5 of the XQ 4020D's in an electric EF 78" on a 6V NiMH battery and have about 15 flights on it mostly trimming for IMAC and they seem like a good servo to me so far. Haven't felt any hunting around neutral. They are very fast and powerful.
I also let Chris H fly the plane yesterday without telling him what the servo's were and I heard no bad comments when I asked him how the plane was flying. He flew mostly pattern, snappy stuff and low knife edges rather than his usual on the deck 3D.
So far I am pretty pleased with these servos.

Terry

Last edited by Chuchuf; 04-09-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Chuchuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #95
T3beatz

Cool, Yep, the servos are very good for the money. Good centering, quick, and strong, the titanium gears are a plus also. One thing I do want to say about the spline is that it is kinda tight. When putting on some servo arms it takes a little pressure to get them on.

I was reading somewhere that some one thinks they took regular gears and coated them with titanium... maybe thats the way they do it? don't know, but they seem strong and should hold up for a long time.

Chuchuf, keep us updated on how your servos are holding up.

I plan on getting one of the HV versions pretty soon to see if there is a noticable difference in the servos components, torque, and speed. You can get them for a 50cc bird for like 35-40 bucks.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #96
pryor808
Fast & Low

Location: Originally from Puerto Rico but, live in NY. Go! Gabriel Altuz

T3beatz,

Well! I will give the XQ-3015M a shot. Throttle only for now. You know I am a skeptic bro! but, I will give it a whirl. This XQ will replace a Hitec 5645.

Paulie
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010771.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	368154 52.3 KB · Views: 95

pryor808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #97
T3beatz

Cool pryor, hows the servo? any good?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #98
John-aus
Build em Fly em don't crash em

Well I ordered a full set of XQ- POwer servos for a 50cc YAK, will be running 6v via a regulator I'll post after I get hold of them and install - I have been running power HD servos without any real issues - they are however showing signs of wear and I might just refurb them and install in my 30cc YAK.

So I'll try the XQ power servos and let you know how they perform.

John M.
John-aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #99
pryor808
Fast & Low

Location: Originally from Puerto Rico but, live in NY. Go! Gabriel Altuz

Quote: Originally Posted by T3beatz
View Post
Cool pryor, hows the servo? any good?
So far so good. All I have done is run a servo tester on it and, installed it in my new 71" 3DHS Slick. I am installing all the electronics now.
pryor808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:30 AM   #100
T3beatz

Quote: Originally Posted by John-aus
View Post
Well I ordered a full set of XQ- POwer servos for a 50cc YAK, will be running 6v via a regulator I'll post after I get hold of them and install - I have been running power HD servos without any real issues - they are however showing signs of wear and I might just refurb them and install in my 30cc YAK.

So I'll try the XQ power servos and let you know how they perform.

John M.
your the first to go all around with XQ servos, Mine is still going strong on the rudder of my 50cc yak.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:47 AM   #101
Chuchuf
Doo It! Doo It!

View Post
your the first to go all around with XQ servos, Mine is still going strong on the rudder of my 50cc yak.
Look at post #94. Been flying on my EF 78" Extra for 2 weeks or so on all surfaces.

Terry
Old 04-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #102
GEORGE0310
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by Chuchuf
View Post
Look at post #94. Been flying on my EF 78" Extra for 2 weeks or so on all surfaces.

Terry
great !!!!! well one thing will outcome from this... the big markets will start loosing money ...from the sells... and ...i hope that will lower their price also .. this iis good for us...as we say in my country ...
THERE ARE OTHER ORANGE TREES THAT MAKE ORANGE ALSO .....
GEORGE0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #103
T3beatz

Quote: Originally Posted by Chuchuf
View Post

Terry
Yep you are correct I forgot about that... nice how are they holding up so far?

good points? bad points?

There was a guy in the other thread, that said he has been running the 3020D's in a 40%er for over a year. (the 4020's are the upgraded version).

Just to let you all know, Yakman76's 4020D that he had on the tail of his 100cc plane finally gave out. I don't know how many flights he had on it, or what exactly went bad on his.
don't get too discouraged, remember this was a smaller servo on a 100cc plane (one on the tail by itself).

Yakman did you figure out what went out yet?

Last edited by T3beatz; 04-13-2011 at 10:45 AM.
T3beatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #104
T3beatz

Ohh yeah, I didn't post this in this thread but if you don't know already SDS has the High Voltage line up of the XQ power servos, the price is very good also...

http://www.sdshobby.net/Wholesale-Di...wer_c2567.html
Old 04-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #105
Chuchuf
Doo It! Doo It!

View Post
Yep you are correct I forgot about that... nice how are they holding up so far?

good points? bad points?
I'm very pleased with them so far.
They seem to have a small (and I mean really small) amount of slop.
They are fast, powerful and center very well.
The only main disadvantage these have over Hitec digitals are the lack of programming. Honestly I don't know why ALL manufacturers of digitals don't have a programmer.
Time will tell.
SDShobby were a pleasure to deal with. I paid the extra $5 for expedited shipping and the servos were to my door in 6 days. After they are shipped SDS sends an email with tracking which still didn't show up after 3 days, so I emailed SDS. The next morning I had a reply from SDS telling me the order was in NY.
I had also ordered 21AWG extensions (their prices were great!!) as well as the 1.5" arms and 3.5" offset rudder arms from SDS.
Terry