Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #211
rpdesigns
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by Cryhavoc38
View Post
IMHO...

Video and sound should have been up a long time ago.
The longer its delayed...the more people start to wonder if there is A. and issue with the props in the real world, or B. some creative editing going on

I personally went from highly interested...tired of waiting...to downright skeptical now.
i will have video up this weekend, i worked on it last night, just curious do you think
A. there are issues with the props and we are hiding it or
B. we both work fulltime jobs (i actually work numerous weekends also) have no employees and are launching two businesses and manufacturing of carbon fiber is a very slow process.

not sure how many businesses you have launched but it is more time consuming than you think....
rpdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #212
reyn3545
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Yep... been there. There are so many things behind the scenes that need to be managed, and only you to do it. Good luck, looking forward to some good flight reports very soon.
reyn3545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #213
Cryhavoc38
Go Hawks!

Quote: Originally Posted by rpdesigns
View Post
i will have video up this weekend, i worked on it last night, just curious do you think
A. there are issues with the props and we are hiding it or
B. we both work fulltime jobs (i actually work numerous weekends also) have no employees and are launching two businesses and manufacturing of carbon fiber is a very slow process.

not sure how many businesses you have launched but it is more time consuming than you think....
No, I don't think there are issues, known or otherwise, as of yet.
That remains to be proven by many different engines, airframes, flying styles, etc.

Completely understand the full time job thing and not having much time. I'm going on three months now since I've recieved my 42% Raven and its still not completed.

Simple fact is, we want to see video.
You can post a teaser
it doesn't have to be studio quality

Every new movie releases several teaser trailers prior to the main set...so come on...quit being a cock tease and post a snipit of a plane running on the ground with full THX, DOLBY, THX, DTS, SDS sound!

Cryhavoc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #214
rpdesigns
Flyin' Around

don't worry will have a 1:45 minute "highlight video" and also the full 5 min flight before monday... then hopefully next weekend we are planning on filming it with video that is "closer" to the ground and on a (hopefully) not so windy day and will have that posted in 2-3 weeks..
Old 04-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #215
rpdesigns
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by rusty55125
View Post
Glad to hear it.
I hope that my post didn't come off negative, because that was not my intent. I was just trying to help! You will likely have a lot of companies trying to copy you with the performance you stated.
Anyway, are you going to Toledo? I would be cool to see this prop in person.

Scott
We won't be there but OMP will have our props on one of their display aircrafts..
Old 04-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #216
rpdesigns
Flyin' Around

VIDEO IS UP....... SEE LINK BELOW

http://revolutionaryprops.com/?p=100
Old 04-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #217
parpar1
Fast can be bad

Still a couple hours left to say April fools!!!!

Sorry i could not help myself

Cant wait to see the second video showing some hover and pull out

Last edited by parpar1; 04-02-2011 at 12:07 AM.
parpar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #218
helifryer
i-dunked Nall 2012!

...not trying to be a skeptic here, cuz i still wanna get my hands on one of these babies (as soon as you make one for a 30cc! )
but it wouldve been a very good idea to show the prop on the plane before or at least after the flight without the engine running...your video just looks like a normal prop. maybe make the next one showing someone starting the plane, and then show the engine cutting off after the flight. u know what i mean?

best of luck with your business- still the coolest thing ive seen for a long time!
Helifryer
Old 04-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #219
TrojanMan
UAV's rule

Quote: Originally Posted by helifryer
View Post
...not trying to be a skeptic here, cuz i still wanna get my hands on one of these babies (as soon as you make one for a 30cc! )
but it wouldve been a very good idea to show the prop on the plane before or at least after the flight without the engine running...your video just looks like a normal prop. maybe make the next one showing someone starting the plane, and then show the engine cutting off after the flight. u know what i mean?

best of luck with your business- still the coolest thing ive seen for a long time!
Helifryer

Really?

Now you are questioning my integrity?

The prop exists, sorry we were limited on time as the weather here has been really crappy so far this year.

Geesh.......
TrojanMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #220
ericb
Team WTFO

View Post

Helifryer
ericb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #221
RREEL
PILOT X

Man, If I were the manufacturer of this prop I would be using this thread to make a list of all the D-bags that I would never sell a prop too.
RREEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #222
GULF DRIVER
"EMS" Earn Money Sleeping...

Quote: Originally Posted by RREEL
View Post
Man, If I were the manufacturer of this prop I would be using this thread to make a list of all the D-bags that I would never sell a prop too.
+1
GULF DRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #223
crazychris
Uber Contributor

Any videos of this prop in action, Doing any 3D etc. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crazychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #224
RICH M
Team Epoxy

Quote: Originally Posted by TrojanMan
View Post
Photos taken day of testing.
Jim, Does the prop best suit Pattern flying or all around 3D also?
RICH M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #225
georgewaldrop
Flyin' Around

View Post
but it wouldve been a very good idea to show the prop on the plane before or at least after the flight without the engine running...
Helifryer
If you clicked on the link to watch the video, and then browsed the site [at all] where you found that video, you would have seen a static picture of the aircraft flown with the prop on it...look again. There was also an article here on FG (can't find it now, but I don't often search for previous features) where Jim reviewed the prop and I believe it also had a picture (static) of the aircraft with the prop on it. In any case, POST #1 in this thread has a static picture of the plane Jim flew with the prop on it....POST #2 has 3 more static pics of the same plane with the prop installed.

I saw the prop in "person" recently at a local RC swap meet and the pics do not do it justice...this thing is wicked looking! Good luck to the developer[s] in marketing this great innovation in prop technology.
AMA-L1307 ~ IMAA-LM207

Last edited by georgewaldrop; 04-02-2011 at 11:18 AM.
georgewaldrop is offline   Reply With Quote