Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Competition Corner > IMAC Forums & Discussions > General IMAC Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 05-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #31
bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag

Version 2.1 has just been submitted for review.

Here are the Changes

Caller Mode now includes an Option button that allows you to Stay Where you are just in case you hit the button by accident, Close Caller Mode, which returns you to the Sequence listing and Start the Sequence Again for when your pilot is coming around to start his second sequence.

The Contest location map now is based on a custom and searchable map and includes all contests worldwide

Other enhancements include tables to clean up the interface at the beginning of Caller mode and all Sequences, both the Flimsies, TAS Unknowns, and Written, are now in the same place and are in a table format as well

There will be a delay of about a month until the next release

Here are some screenshots for 2.1

iPad screenshots first
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	Ipad-CallerMode-Main.png
Views:	26
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	373894 220.4 KB · Views: 26

Name:	Ipad-Loading.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	373895 56.1 KB · Views: 29

Name:	Ipad-Main.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	373896 59.6 KB · Views: 22

Name:	iPAd-Map-Main.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	373897 124.9 KB · Views: 27

Name:	iPad-Map-Search.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	373898 69.3 KB · Views: 21

Name:	iPad-Sequences.png
Views:	36
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	373899 209.0 KB · Views: 36

People who say it cannot be done should
not interrupt those who are doing it.

www.stansphotos.com
bubbagates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #32
bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag

Iphone Screenshots
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	iphnone-sequences.png
Views:	29
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	373900 137.7 KB · Views: 29

Name:	iphone-loading.png
Views:	34
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	373901 310.3 KB · Views: 34

Name:	iphone-main.png
Views:	22
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	373902 321.7 KB · Views: 22

Name:	iphone-map-main.png
Views:	24
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	373903 329.4 KB · Views: 24

Name:	iphone-map-search.png
Views:	23
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	373904 137.6 KB · Views: 23

www.stansphotos.com
Old 05-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #33
danaman
Advocating for RC Aviation

Very cool Bill, looking forward to it!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #34
The Dirt Doctor
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Works very well Bill, keep 'em coming!!

Bobby
The Dirt Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #35
xairflyer
Flyin' Around

Great little App, but is the caller mode only really for use by the caller? I had thought it was a caller, for practice etc. i.e. it had a feature to call out the manouvers activated by voice command etc.
xairflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #36
bubbagates
Anyone got a trash bag

Quote: Originally Posted by xairflyer
View Post
Great little App, but is the caller mode only really for use by the caller? I had thought it was a caller, for practice etc. i.e. it had a feature to call out the manouvers activated by voice command etc.
Actually the intent has always been for it to be used by a caller, but over time, everyone has been asking for voice control. Until the announcement of iOS5 Apple has never given the developers, like me, the ability to use what they have for voice activated calling. According to what I have read, Apple is now releasing Voice activation in iOS 5.

I could have easily used third party software, but the cost for a development copy far outweighed the cost of the app itself for the one that I tested that worked really really well, something in the vicinity of 2K for unlimited devices and since this app is free I felt it was best not to spend that money. I did find several "free" voice control API's but the delay in response was far more than I was willing to accept

What you can do in the time being is enable Accessibilty in "Setting" and turn on both VoiceOver and Speak Auto text and mess with the settings until you get it slowed down to where you can comfortably fly the sequence. Just have it read the written knowns that are included in the app or go into iTunes, create a voice file with whatever you want to have in it, then put it into you itunes music folder and play it, using accessibility options and the iPod controls.

This is a "hack" (for lack of a better term, it works but it really makes normal usage of the iPhone difficult as the Accessibility options are not really designed for this.

I know Android phones have a decent voice control built in, but we are talking about Apple hear and I'm not sure Nick, the person in charge of the Android version, knows how to implement it. Please do not take that wrong, Nick is doing a great job for someone that has never coded anything before, but we are talking about very advanced coding and even I had to "mess with it" in the Apple version.

My point, just be a little more patient, it's coming, but not until I am completely satisfied that it works exactly how I want it to, I want it to be as completely seamless as possible for everyone that using Apple devices. Since iOS 5 is due out in fall, and if voice control does what Apple says it will do, then I would not expect it in the app until over the winter months, hopefully in time for the 2012 season, I.E. January1 2012.

As a reminder, if anyone has any suggestions for things you would like to see in the app, feel free to email me directly from the app under the info icon on the top right of the main screen or send the email to imacapp@comcast.net.

I am also looking for pictures for the backgrounds in the app. The pictures can be either jpeg (jpg) or png. I prefer png because they edit more cleanly than jpg. the minimum size must be no smaller than 320x640 (iPhone 3GS in portrait) or 640x320 (iphone 3GS in landscape, 640x960 (iphone 4 portrait), 960x640 (iPhone 4 in landscape) or finally 1024x768 (iPad in landscape) and 768x1024 (iPad in portrait) any other sizes and I cannot guarantee that they will look clean and sharp. Anyone that sends me a picture will see a one time popup saying who provided it and the "stats" of the plane

www.stansphotos.com