Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > General Discussion
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 04-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
boggintuff
Sigh...really?

Default Skywriter programming with JR 9503

Ok So I have searched the forums and I would like some clarification.

I have my pump on the gear switch. I want to have curve for a little coming out at low throttle to good smoke at 50% or more throttle.

Can someone please give me a picture of your mixing exactly as displayed on your 9503 if you have yours setup similar to the way I am asking. OR write it out clearly.

Thanks.

Last edited by boggintuff; 04-17-2011 at 08:45 AM.
boggintuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!

Sorry I couldn't help.....I don't own the 9503 so I can't explain that one.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan
sweetpea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
TimSmith
Account Closed

I am flying my skywritter in a 50cc race edge. Using a DX7 for now .
So I have no graph for you,,i did mine by ear, dry during set up, find the mix programing you use ,and adjust the motor .To the stick position ,by ear,,,By listening to the pump run with no oil ,DRY.,(Set it up with a empty tank) no motor sound at low stick and gently increase the mix setting for the stick position,, I can tell you this,, just start out small ,thru out the stick range.
If you set the mix for full puming your just wastimg money and smoke oil for nothing.
Because the sky writtter will empty a tank in less than a minute,you ll just be puming raw money thur you cans .
A little goes a long way I have found.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
ram360
Uber Contributor

I am having issues trying to do the same thing on my 9503. When I made the mix my throttle was moving at full travel and binding.
ram360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
TimSmith
Account Closed

Try Revesing the mix program,, then use the offset function to shift of the scale up on your graph.
IE: meaning ,,I belive you said you have the smoke pump on the gear channel,?? I set mine up on aux two, any way my window say throttle to aux 2 ,, not aux 2 to throttle,, try switching a reverse instruction someplace and it should fix it.or maybe the mix percentages are backwards ,I dont know how you set up the mix..

Last edited by TimSmith; 04-17-2011 at 03:57 PM.
TimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote