Joined Aug 2006
New Warbird Pylon Racing Class
Hey fellow fliers,
The USRA (Unlimited Scale Racing Association), has developed a new class for racing at their venues starting this year (2011).
It is called a 50 cc warbird class. But don't let the title fool you or limit you to one plane or one size engine. You can go here for detailed list of the rules: www.usrainfo.org There are many airplanes out there that qualify for this class. If you have ever wanted to pylon race and didn't want to invest a ton of money to do it, you can now come out with what you probably already have in your hanger. The race dates are fast approaching so get in the shop, dust em off or get one built and come out and race.
The races for the 2011 season are : June 8 - 12 in Hearne Texas
August 18 - 21 in El dorado, KS
October 13 - 16 at Rabbit Dry Lake Bed near Victorville, Ca
These Races and the information regarding them are also on the USRA web site.
Here is a basic summary of what is spec 'd out to help spark your interest;
- Anyone can enter and race this class
- Any stock ARF or Kit or stick built warbird with no "race mod's" done to it.
- Wing span must be between 82” and 96”. Aircraft will have a minimum wing area of 1200 square inches.
- Engine size can be any gas engine from 45 cc - 65 cc with stock exhaust (no tuned pipes or canisters)
- Engines can be magneto or electronic ignition. Converting gasoline engines to glow fuel not permitted.
- Ready to fly dry weight cannot be less than 16 pounds or more than 30 pounds.
Like I said this is a basic summary of the rules please visit the site for the details to make sure you are in compliance with your entry.
Email me with any questions you have and we look forward to seeing you "Go Fast and Turn Left"