Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #1
SleepyC

Default 4titude R/C Gasoline Fuel Tanks

As many of you already know Aero Graphix has become the go to shop for all youíre hard to find giant scale aircraft accessories and top quality graphics. Aero Graphix www.aerographix.biz is proud to announce that they have teamed up with 4titude R/C and have the entire line of ready to use Danhakl Design fuel tanks in stock.

4titude R/C ready to use tanks take all the work and headache out of building and installing gasoline fuel tanks and will help save weight in the process. These tanks are built ready to use (no assembly required) right here in the good ole USA. The days of taking the time out of your busy schedule (flight time) to build a cumbersome tank with brass tubing, tygon and wire are over! They are the first commercially available fuel tanks that are ready to use right out of the package! It really is simple, just place the required size tank in your favorite plane with foam padding to help prevent vibration and Velcro to secure the tank, attach your lines to the vent, fill and engine fittings and your done! Seriously it really is that easy!

Here are a few points as to why you should consider a 4titude R/C fuel tank:

The 4titude tanks presently come in 3 sizes. 8 fl oz for 20-30cc aircraft, 16 fl oz for 30-55cc aircraft and 32 fl oz for 60-120cc aircraft.

Preassembled and ready to use right out of the package. Perfect for first time gasoline pilots and veterans that dread building and plumbing fuel tanks.

The tanks are crystal clear plastic which allows quick inspection of your fuel lines. No wondering if the clunk is stuck in a forward position. Or disassembling the a tank to find out!

Extremely light weight compared to other roto molded tanks. The 32 fl oz 4titude R/C tank only weighs 2 oz!

Every tank includes a filtered clunk to assure flawless engine performance.

There is a RTU version which is just the tank ready to use with your mounting material that you supply
There is also a RTUW version which has all the required mounting material with it (Velcro straps and foam padding).

Over a years worth of flight testing of these tanks has been completed by Jason himself and other 4titude pilots before these were released for sale. This helps insure a quality product for the flying public.
Flight testing of the double 32 oz version is going on right now which consists of (2) 32 oz tanks T'ed together for a total of 64 fl oz of fuel. All indications show that this works well. Molding processes are in the works for some other varied sizes also as a one piece tank. Please stay tuned for more info on these.

For ordering or more information please visit our website http://www.aerographix.biz/fuel_tanks.htm Or call us 573-368-3600 to get yours today.

A little about the manufacture of this great product:

Now many of you may know the manufacture of these great tanks but some of you may not. Jason Danhakl (Big Bird) has been flying R/C for 22+ years. Jason is an accomplished 3D pilot along with extensive knowledge in the IMAC circuit. Most probably know him from flying in the Xtreme Flight Championships and has flown in all 10 of them to date. Jason has also worked in the UAV field and at Hobbico in product development. So to say the least Jason has some real world field experience in the R/C and UAV industry and is working hard in his own business now to bring some new and exciting products to the R/C community to help make things easier and better for all of us to use.

Since so many guys are asking questions and there have been some mis guided information put out about this new product, Jason would like to address them before speculation becomes reality. Jason has written the answers to some of the concerns with 4titude R/Cís fuel tanks:

Number (1) is why are the caps glued on? The caps are not glued on but rather sealed using an aerospace grade pliable fuel cell sealant. When gasoline comes in contact with the sealer it becomes pliable and will flex without cracking. Removing the cap to replace the clunk line in the future is easy once gasoline has been in the tank.

Number (2) is why are the clunks not all the way to the back of the tank? This is simple as fuel line no matter what type expands once in contact with gasoline. A six inch fuel line will grow on average about half of an inch once submerged in gasoline. If the clunk is right against the back of the tank once this expansion occurs it will hit and bind. Second reason is the felt filtered clunks we use do not suck the fuel in from the back. Instead it draws fuel in from the sides. Basically they are like a sponge and will suck out every drop of fuel in the tank. Yes we have flight tested this many times by running the tank dry flying hard aerobatics and after landing there is only vapors left in the tank.

Number (3) is can I use these for smoke? No you cannot because smoke fluidís viscosity is too high for the felt clunk filter. We have never claimed that these will work for smoke. I am planning on releasing 16oz and 32oz smoke tanks but they are not available yet.

Number (4) is when are you going to release a 24 and 50 oz tank? Yes we are working on this also. I cannot give an exact time but they are in the works.

Number (5) is why are you not using Tygon fuel line for the clunk? Well this is simple as we all know that Tygon gets hard and brittle in a very short period of time. After many different bench and flight test I have found that the fuel line we provide has superior lifespan over Tygon. No fuel lines last forever but I want to provide the best product possible at reasonable cost to our valued customers.

Of course Iím always listening to our customerís feedback and learning new ways to possibly make our products better. Hopefully this information will help everyone understand that 4titude R/C tanks are not just something that we just decided to slap together and sell in a couple of days. The development process has taken over a year with hundreds of hours test flying to get the product you see today. Thanks for the tremendous response about 4titude R/C and I hope to see you at a fly in sometime soon!

Jason Danhakl

www.fourtituderc.com
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	9158
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	422761 143.3 KB · Views: 9158

SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
SleepyC

Pics and further info:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	32_16_8 without.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	422762 42.7 KB · Views: 788

Name:	8_with.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	422763 47.5 KB · Views: 669

Name:	16_with.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	422764 50.8 KB · Views: 712

Name:	32_with.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	422765 52.2 KB · Views: 754

Name:	32double_T.jpg
Views:	1796
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	422766 93.1 KB · Views: 1796

Attached Files
Old 10-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls

Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyC
View Post
Pics and further info:
Very nice looking unit. I'll give one of these a try in my 110" Yak. Anyone happen to know what size the standard (EF supplied) tank is?

Thanks,
Phil
Phil Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
StickerBiotch
Custom Aircraft Graphics

Quote:
Anyone happen to know what size the standard (EF supplied) tank is?
Phil,

Not sure what size tank the EF planes have in them but for your info and anyone else interested here are the dimensions of the tanks.

32oz. 8.5" L x 3" x 3"
16oz. 6.75" L x 2.5" x 2.5"
8oz. 5" L x 2" x 2"
StickerBiotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #5
SleepyC

Bryan, will these tanks be ok to use in standard issue Beer hats?
Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
Phil Griffin
Sponsored by my wife & girls

Quote: Originally Posted by StickerBiotch
View Post
Phil,

Not sure what size tank the EF planes have in them but for your info and anyone else interested here are the dimensions of the tanks.

32oz. 8.5" L x 3" x 3"
16oz. 6.75" L x 2.5" x 2.5"
8oz. 5" L x 2" x 2"

Thanks Stephen..
I'll hit up Mr. Cozier

(Sorry, or is this Bryan?)

Last edited by Phil Griffin; 10-17-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Phil Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
DKnippen
In The Box

I would use (2) 32oz. tanks for my 170. the two ways to order are "Tanks without mounting material". And "Tanks plus mounting material". What does the tanks plus mounting material consist of ? I would think everything you could possibly need?
Thanks
DKnippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
Smacka
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Nice...it is cool when people dedicate their efforts toward the betterment of this great hobby
Smacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
SleepyC

Quote: Originally Posted by Phil Griffin
View Post
Thanks Stephen..
I'll hit up Mr. Cozier

(Sorry, or is this Bryan?)
That's Bryan, apparently he is very attracted to my picture... so he uses it as his avatar. In some ways I find it flattering, and yet CREEPY.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #10
StickerBiotch
Custom Aircraft Graphics

Quote:
I would use (2) 32oz. tanks for my 170. the two ways to order are "Tanks without mounting material". And "Tanks plus mounting material". What does the tanks plus mounting material consist of ? I would think everything you could possibly need?
Thanks
Dan,

If you look at the pictures above the tanks with the mounting material come with FOAM, VELCRO and FUEL LINE to complete your tank fastening and hookup to engine, fill and overflow.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #11
StickerBiotch
Custom Aircraft Graphics

Quote:
That's Bryan, apparently he is very attracted to my picture... so he uses it as his avatar. In some ways I find it flattering, and yet CREEPY.
Now Steve, do you really want me to get the old picture out that you replaced with you?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
SmoothFlying
235MPH ON 5S!!!!!!

How about a 50oz'er?
Aero3dgfx.com
SmoothFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #13
SleepyC

Joking aside, these tanks are awesome. I saw probably 20 people at the AR Huckfest change out their tanks for these.
Nice job guys!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #14
SleepyC

Quote: Originally Posted by StickerBiotch
View Post
Now Steve, do you really want me to get the old picture out that you replaced with you?
NO!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #15
INFINITE-FOAMIES
down on the deck rollers

Send a message via AIM to INFINITE-FOAMIES Send a message via Yahoo to INFINITE-FOAMIES Send a message via Skype™ to INFINITE-FOAMIES

do you still have to replace the fuel tubing on the clunk every so often
NoBs A123's Cactus Aviation Falcon props Mini Aviation Rule #32

JR 11X DSMX DS8711 AR12110 DA150 Falcon 32x10
INFINITE-FOAMIES is offline   Reply With Quote