Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Gas Engines
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 10-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Vital-Rc
Free Agent

Default JC engines

We are looking at becoming a distributor for this company. What we will be doing is servicing warranty work in house and offer great promotions to help push this company. However I haven't received these motors yet and I am wondering what real world testing you guys would like to see to back these motors up.

The motors I will be offers at first are the JC 23Evo and the JC 30Evo. I will be getting an 120cc at the end of October so testing will have to hold off on it. The motors should be in next week so I am trying to get a feel for what you guys wanna see. These motors will be back by a 3 year warranty.

Engine Parameter:

Engine type : 2—Stroke gasoline engine
Displacement:23cc
   Bore Stroke: 33.3mm 27mm
   park plug: NGK CM6 or JC CM6
   Carburetor: Walbro special-designing vacuum pump diaphragm type duplex needle carburetor
   Max power : 3.5hp/9500rpm
   Practical running speed : 1100 - 9500rpm
   Net Weight : 980g (incoulding CDI and muffler)
   Ignition system : CDI battery ignition (battery voltage: 4.8v—6v)
   Grease oil ratio : 25-30:1 used during the break-in (the initial 2 working hours); 35-40:1 used after the break-in.
Screw propeller dimension : 16*8, 16*10, 17*8, 17*10, 18*8

Engine type : 2—Stroke gasoline engine
Displacement:30cc
   Bore Stroke: 36mm 30mm
   park plug: NGK CM6 or JC CM6
   Carburetor: Walbro special-designing vacuum pump diaphragm type duplex needle carburetor
   Max power : 4.0hp/9000rpm
   Practical running speed : 1100 - 9000rpm
   Net Weight : 1100g (incoulding CDI and muffler)
   Ignition system : CDI battery ignition (battery voltage: 4.8v—6v)
   Grease oil ratio : 25-30:1 used during the break-in (the initial 2 working hours); 35-40:1 used after the break-in.
Screw propeller dimension : 18*8, 18*10, 19*8, 19*10

Thanks and happy flying!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
aussiesteve
Clothed Account

You're brave

Will you be doing the special deals announced elsewhere on these? (very low price and 3 year warranty)
Are you becoming a Factory direct dealer or through the other exclusive agents?

For the tests I would like to see before I bought any of the products from a manufacturer with a known shady history . Not on just one engine but a fair sample of them.

A full strip down inspection and high definition photos of each part.
Accurate measurements for ovality, taper, chrome thickness, bearing surface hardness and bearing fits and clearances -

Each test on each of the test engines to be performed and posted with verification before running and after intervals of 10 hours, 20 hours and 50 hours of hard running would be useful. Then you would have covered about one year or less of actual flying time for the majority of the users.

For running tests. Actual dynamometer power curves throughout the entire rev range. A top RPM test is pretty irrelevant as we rarely fly there.

Just saying
aussiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Vital-Rc
Free Agent

I will becoming a factory direct dealer and servicing the parts in house if all goes to plan. There will be an initial test run then a tear down and put back together. The motors should arrive next week, I will provide detail pics and videos.
The JC 30evo will be mounted on a 1/4 scale cub if it holds up after testing, then I will provide a test flight video.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
antique
Older than dirt

Good luck
antique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
kerwin50
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by antique
View Post
Good luck
same hear
kerwin50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
Super08
Who put that tree there?

You know what they say about leopards....but there is always hope I guess. I would assume you have already done your homework on past history and talked to some of the previous distributors.
Super08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
Cryhavoc38
Go Hawks!

JC Engines otherwise known as the "Area 51" engine yes?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #8
Cryhavoc38
Go Hawks!

Quote: Originally Posted by ImaTroll
View Post
You're brave

Will you be doing the special deals announced elsewhere on these? (very low price and 3 year warranty)
Are you becoming a Factory direct dealer or through the other exclusive agents?

For the tests I would like to see before I bought any of the products from a manufacturer with a known shady history . Not on just one engine but a fair sample of them.

A full strip down inspection and high definition photos of each part.
Accurate measurements for ovality, taper, chrome thickness, bearing surface hardness and bearing fits and clearances -

Each test on each of the test engines to be performed and posted with verification before running and after intervals of 10 hours, 20 hours and 50 hours of hard running would be useful. Then you would have covered about one year or less of actual flying time for the majority of the users.

For running tests. Actual dynamometer power curves throughout the entire rev range. A top RPM test is pretty irrelevant as we rarely fly there.

Just saying
be cool to see but what other RC engine manufacturer provides power curves for their gas engines?
Heck, even DA and 3W don't rprovide those
Old 10-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
RCEXTREMEPOWER
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by Cryhavoc38
View Post
JC Engines otherwise known as the "Area 51" engine yes?
Yes

Milton
RCEXTREMEPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #10
aussiesteve
Clothed Account

Quote: Originally Posted by Cryhavoc38
be cool to see but what other RC engine manufacturer provides power curves for their gas engines?
Heck, even DA and 3W don't rprovide those
But they have got them if requested.
Pe Reivers publishes definite curves on a range of exhaust options etc for the MVVS products - REAL LIFE figures, not just some "Spins XXX prop at YYY RPM"

for the OP
Good Luck from me too
Old 10-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #11
Vital-Rc
Free Agent

They are due in next week, if these motors turn out to be decent we will become USA distributors however if they are junk or not comparable to the competitors will we run these motors on the test stand till something gives.

I've done my research and are aware of some of the previous issues, however by talking to some distributors I am willing to take a chance.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #12
exeter_acres
Wine comes in bottles too??

Ya know... I have typed up a response.. 5 times now... but wouldn't post....

all I will post now is the best wishes that the others have posted.....
TEAM FUTABA
exeter_acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #13
Vital-Rc
Free Agent

Guys post away, I am not a distributor so your comments will not hurt me. There is a reason for this thread, if you guys have questions, comments, or concerns please post them. If there is something I don't know then I want to know it! If these motors dont hold up then I will blow them up........ Our motto is we fly what we sell, so don't worry about us passing inferior products on.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #14
Patrick H
Hovering

Quote: Originally Posted by exeter_acres
View Post
Ya know... I have typed up a response.. 5 times now... but wouldn't post....

all I will post now is the best wishes that the others have posted.....
Patrick H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:35 AM   #15
clivem
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by Full Spool
View Post
Guys post away, I am not a distributor so your comments will not hurt me. There is a reason for this thread, if you guys have questions, comments, or concerns please post them. If there is something I don't know then I want to know it! If these motors dont hold up then I will blow them up........ Our motto is we fly what we sell, so don't worry about us passing inferior products on.
ok in that case i too have refrained from posting but here's mine.

Even if the engines are good, you / JC offer a 3 yr warranty, history says that doesnt even last a year, then one cant get parts anymore. His Engines are OK, parts backup ?????? so my test would be after 12 months, i'd like to see what parts are still available........
do the engines come complete in the box? sounds like a stupid question but is a very valid one
feel free to pm me.
I have recieved a 30 and 60 for testing the 30 had a broken cooling fin, missing and not in the box, so did not happen in transit. the 60 cylinder base is not flat so doesnt mate well with the case.
if his backup was any where as good as his engines he could be the second best coming out of china
good luck
clivem is offline   Reply With Quote