Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Gas Engines
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 07-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #481
funboy
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Easy Steve, easy... The prop hub bolt spacing is just a red "C" hair larger then the standard DA/3W/DLE-100cc bolt pattern. The solution is a simple one- re-drill your props bolt holes to 7/32" and everything fits together nicely. I've been flying mine for almost 10 gallons and I am falling in love with this JC 120 the same way I fell in love with my DA-120 when I first flew it.

If you bought yours from Justin/ Milton when the parts become available I'm sure they will do what he can to get you another hub and prop washer if you're not satisfied. Imagine Justin and Milton as the Valley View of the JC line. They are accountable for what they sell.

Justin and Milton have been pushing to improve the JC line- I was the one that brought the prop bolt spacing to their attention- and within a few weeks they were working towards correcting it. I was the first to fly the prototype Bowman rings and felt an immediate improvement. Now they are working towards improving the factory rings so they preform better right out of the box. I have full confidence in their warranty services should I ever need it- they are continuously working to make JC the new DLE.

I'm loving my JC 120. Way more power then my old DA-100.

I can understand why they would not want to be responsible for engines bought from cut rate distributors. It's a bad business model to make yourself responsible for other companies liabilities. I don't know how Milton gets compensated for the warranty work he does, but I'm fairly confident he's underpaid as it is!

It took a couple years for DLE to get all their stuff together if I remember correctly- this is still a pretty new line, and for the price I don't know how you can beat it.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	JC 120 Cub 001.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	486473 58.9 KB · Views: 46

Name:	JC 120 Cub 007.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	486474 69.4 KB · Views: 55

Name:	JC 120 Cub 008.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	486475 44.9 KB · Views: 39

WWW.VITAL-RC.COM

Last edited by funboy; 07-07-2012 at 04:51 AM.
funboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #482
vacaman
Doo It! Doo It!

Nobody said that the 120 is not a good engine, what fullspool said is that can be even better. The problem is more about how anyone can buy this engines directly from the factory and start selling them, at wathever price, and leave the owner at is own when some problem occurs. Thats why is important to buy them from known dealers, like Fullspool and Milton.
vacaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #483
RCEXTREMEPOWER

As some of you know and some don't, I have a 5 year history with JC engines and know how the man thinks.

All he wants to do is sell engines

Just drop him a Email and say you want to buy some, He will send you a price list and the next words will be When do you send money to make order.

He contacted me a few months back when he finally got all the bugs worked out of the 30 and 60cc and wanted me to do the warranty work on them, I agreed not knowing he would be selling to anyone that would send him some money and knew nothing about RC gas engines.

There is a difference in support and warranty, Now you have people selling the engines for just about no profit because they bought them and are still setting on them.

When there customers need support (Not warranty work) they are told to call me. If they can not give support for products they sell they have no business selling them.

Got a feeling when they have sold them they will do like a lot of other people I have seen get into the China made engine business in the last 5 years, Sell out and close up and end of story for them and there customers are on there own from that point.

There has been a ton of them to do this in the last 5 years, I am still supporting engines I sold 5 years ago.

From this point on I will only support and warranty products I sell.

Now my personal opinion on the engines for what it is worth

The 23cc has no problems as I know of other than being low on power for the cc
The 30cc seems to be a very good engines with no problems as I know of.
The 60cc seems to be a very good engines with no problems as I know of.
The 120cc is good on power but needs a few changes to make it what it could be.

Milton

Last edited by RCEXTREMEPOWER; 07-07-2012 at 12:56 PM.
RCEXTREMEPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #484
PropsnWings

Well with my purchases of the 60 From Full Spool and the 30 from Plane Addicts, I sure hope I still get my two year warranty if an when ever needed.

All this chatter, has made me wonder if I should have made a different decision on the brand I bought. Dont get me wrong, I do see that you cannot support and warranty engine sold by xxx company that closed up after selling them under the price point, but your statement of "From this point on I will only support and warranty products I sell." Leaves me wondering what will happen in next spring if I have an issue, if I will have anywhere to get the warranty honored.

I dont know how you are compensated for the warranty work, and I suspect it is not much. I do appreciate what all you do though.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #485
RCEXTREMEPOWER

Quote: Originally Posted by PropsnWings
View Post
Well with my purchases of the 60 From Full Spool and the 30 from Plane Addicts, I sure hope I still get my two year warranty if an when ever needed.

All this chatter, has made me wonder if I should have made a different decision on the brand I bought. Dont get me wrong, I do see that you cannot support and warranty engine sold by xxx company that closed up after selling them under the price point, but your statement of "From this point on I will only support and warranty products I sell." Leaves me wondering what will happen in next spring if I have an issue, if I will have anywhere to get the warranty honored.

I dont know how you are compensated for the warranty work, and I suspect it is not much. I do appreciate what all you do though.
Any product can have a failure but from what I have seen there has been no problems with the 30cc and 60cc engines.

I know that Justin will continue to support what he sells and we both have parts as of right now for the 60cc engines.

In the last 5 months I have not had a engine sent to me that needed actual warranty work, Had 3 of the 60cc sent to me about 5 months ago that needed the new cylinder, Other than that they have been all good.

Muffler, ignitions, Reed, reed blocks and carbs are pretty common and can be bought most anywhere.

The one thing that i do not understand is how a so called company that brags about how great there support is can just close there site and say you are on your own.

I had not sold a JC engine in two years and one thing I can say about Keven at JC he still sent me parts to repair engines I had sold. So it Tells me that when someone just closes up and say you are on your own that they never really cared about there customers.

Milton

Milton
RCEXTREMEPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #486
PropsnWings

Quote: Originally Posted by RCEXTREMEPOWER
View Post
Any product can have a failure but from what I have seen there has been no problems with the 30cc and 60cc engines.

I know that Justin will continue to support what he sells and we both have parts as of right now for the 60cc engines.

In the last 5 months I have not had a engine sent to me that needed actual warranty work, Had 3 of the 60cc sent to me about 5 months ago that needed the new cylinder, Other than that they have been all good.

Muffler, ignitions, Reed, reed blocks and carbs are pretty common and can be bought most anywhere.

The one thing that i do not understand is how a so called company that brags about how great there support is can just close there site and say you are on your own.

I had not sold a JC engine in two years and one thing I can say about Keven at JC he still sent me parts to repair engines I had sold. So it Tells me that when someone just closes up and say you are on your own that they never really cared about there customers.

Milton

Milton
Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #487
DadsToysBG
Uber Contributor

Don't mean to get off point, but I have to ask Justin. Are you having fun being a father? Dennis
PS just tryin to lighten this up a little bit.
DadsToysBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #488
PowerSlave
Gettin' Lower!

Did not mean to start any concerns on here. I will say I would have bought a JC EVO 120 if you were still selling them at this time. I have bought a new engine now but maybe sometime down the road I will try a JC 120.
PowerSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #489
Vital-Rc
Free Agent

View Post

Any engine bought from Vital-Rc or Milton will be supported by one of us as we have some parts in stock. Don't think JC is bad however our business plan has been altered since Kevin isn't sticking to the plan; I don't do business this way. I see JC being one way however Kevin sees it another way; I don't agree with his direction so I have to protect my investment and my customers.

Quote: Originally Posted by DadsToysBG
View Post
Don't mean to get off point, but I have to ask Justin. Are you having fun being a father? Dennis
PS just tryin to lighten this up a little bit.
No need to lighten it up, you can only play with fire for so long before you eventually get burnt. Being a father is awesome, by far one of the greatest experience in my life thus far. It changes your prospective a lot and makes you rethink some investments LOL. When I get ready to corrupt her by a bunch of old men I will bring her by the shop LoL. She is already rocking plenty of air plane apparel.

Quote: Originally Posted by PowerSlave
View Post
Did not mean to start any concerns on here. I will say I would have bought a JC EVO 120 if you were still selling them at this time. I have bought a new engine now but maybe sometime down the road I will try a JC 120.
All is well with me! Look forward to meeting you at the fly in!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #490
DadsToysBG
Uber Contributor

Wait until the boys start showing up at the front door LOL. Have a daughter, now married. Now I can relax. Almost forgot the next step is being a grandfather. In your case a ways down the line. But you do get to say "I told you so" Dennis
DadsToysBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #491
PropsnWings

Quote: Originally Posted by rick dazzler
View Post
props and wings...

PLEASE do know none of this was pointed towards you at all. My apologies if you took it that way.. I know I quoted your post in my reply
I was just trying to explain their situation from my standpoint.. sorry
I sure didnt mean to sound as if I thought you did. All is good here. I sometimes have trouble putting into words what I am trying to say. Never been good with email / text type stuff. It is hard to convey the attitude or what not without body language involved, as even on a phone one can convey a smile in their voice.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #492
PropsnWings

Quote: Originally Posted by Full Spool
View Post
Any engine bought from Vital-Rc or Milton will be supported by one of us as we have some parts in stock. Don't think JC is bad however our business plan has been altered since Kevin isn't sticking to the plan; I don't do business this way. I see JC being one way however Kevin sees it another way; I don't agree with his direction so I have to protect my investment and my customers.
Just asking, so does this mean your post from Last week, has changed then? If it has, where, if I need anything, can I get parts for the 30 and 60 ?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FullSpool.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	486511 27.2 KB · Views: 46

Old 07-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #493
Vital-Rc
Free Agent

View Post
Just asking, so does this mean your post from Last week, has changed then? If it has, where, if I need anything, can I get parts for the 30 and 60 ?
Read your quoted post , any engine bought from Vital-RC or Milton will be supported as we have parts. Any other
scenario will be issued through dealer where engine was purchased or JC factory.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #494
PropsnWings

Quote: Originally Posted by Full Spool
View Post
Read your quoted post , any engine bought from Vital-RC or Milton will be support as we have parts.
I dont know why this is getting so much attitude. I did buy my 60 from you.. But none the less, I was just asking.

I know I am not feeling to easy about a business model that changes weekly. Guess I will hope for the best and hope I dont need any warranty work.

Sorry if I offended you. I did not mean to.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #495
Vital-Rc
Free Agent

View Post
I dont know why this is getting so much attitude. I did buy my 60 from you.. But none the less, I was just asking.

I know I am not feeling to easy about a business model that changes weekly. Guess I will hope for the best and hope I dont need any warranty work.

Sorry if I offended you. I did not mean to.
There is no attitude just stating facts; as far a model goes it doesn't change weekly on our end. Milton and myself worked with kevin to set up pricing, networks, and warranty center. Kevin didn't hold up to his end of the deal so we are force to protect our customers and our self. You are my customer so you are supported, no need to worry.

Last edited by Vital-Rc; 07-07-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Vital-Rc is offline   Reply With Quote