Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Blogs > vincidileonardo's blog
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #31
planecajun
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

planecajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #32
vincidileonardo
on a vacation

Planecajun
O agree with you 100%
If you check the first 50 ads you'll see that are a
Ways the same people bulling the ads like badazz, the edge, 3dvictim , and others , this people have 5 or 6 username in the site but are all the same person and they do that because they have the same item for sale and they are gonna do write anything to kick you out
So sad so sad
vincidileonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #33
planecajun
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

when you see that stuff, you need to report their posts to the moderator. thats the only way to fix the problem.
besides driving to someones house and knocking on the door and expressing your grievance in person. i've done that too, works like a charm.
planecajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #34
superstocktx
aka Decal Dennis

Quote: Originally Posted by StickerBiotch
View Post
I have found that the site has changed quite a bit over the years. It's gone from guys that use to run together all the time that would make jokes and rib each other to a few what I like to call "keyboard pilots" guys that don't really fly or can barely fly enter into a thread and start talking trash or think that they know everything about the subject that the thread is suppose to be about. To me that is the biggest problem with the site right now are those type of guys and the stir the pot guys that just come on to start sh*t in a thread to watch what happens!
superstocktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #35
paul byrum
Flyin' Around

you can tell a thug in that they misspell simple words like "too."
paul byrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #36
PC12DRVR
Gettin' Lower!

Are they like these guys ?
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	e-thug2.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	429214 31.0 KB · Views: 202

PC12DRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:05 AM   #37
Reefrus
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by planecajun
View Post
you learn something new everyday in this hobby. you might learn something from the new guy at the field flying .40 size glow models. We all have something to contribute to the hobby and to each other. The thugs are missing the boat because this hobby is as much about the lifelong friends you make as it is about airplanes. quick story.....i used to drive trucks and build planes in the sleeper. was in florida and went to a field out there where the LHS owner helped me fly the goldberg ultimate i just built. i was a decent pilot but nervous and he did a great job of helping me take the edge off. years later after seeing him only 4 times in my life........was in florida on vacation with the family and this guy passes me in town and runs up and gives me a giant hand shake and pat on the back. we laughed and had a grand old time seeing each other again and he remembered me like it was yesterday. these are the kind of people this hobby is about and who will remember you and be genuinely pleased to see you after 15 years without a word have passed. thats what people dont "GET" about this hobby.
Very well said Planecajun

Quote: Originally Posted by vincidileonardo
View Post
Planecajun
O agree with you 100%
If you check the first 50 ads you'll see that are a
Ways the same people bulling the ads like badazz, the edge, 3dvictim , and others , this people have 5 or 6 username in the site but are all the same person and they do that because they have the same item for sale and they are gonna do write anything to kick you out
So sad so sad
I am a mod on another web site, when we see a person that has more than one user name registered to a account on the same IP address, and they cannot justifty the reason why, we ban for 500 days or longer if they try again on same IP we block the IP.
Reefrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #38
notruthless
liv nvrtd

PDC : pretty damn close!
Quote: Originally Posted by PC12DRVR
View Post
Are they like these guys ?
notruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #39
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals

Quote: Originally Posted by airboss/oc
View Post
most thugs are really nerds with tough computers
lol so true! in the end, were all playing with toys! the only difference is how much we spend on them or how good our skills are with them!
Energie

T_Simatovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #40
microdon2
microdon2

Send a message via Yahoo to microdon2

Guys - if you're going to discuss relative social postion it might help your argument if you get your own spelling and grammar correct. "To many thugs" - you mean "TOO" many. "TOO" is an adverb meaning "excessive". Also, "guys who fly with THERE wallets..." - should be "THEIR" - possessive. Last, if you're going to write in sentences the proper use of punctuation - the occasional comma or period, where appropriate - would be a welcome addition. THEN, once you write correctly, maybe you can start putting down the "thugs".
microdon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #41
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals

man, i jus gots mah thanksgivin break an i don wanna think about grammar ayat this point...
Energie

Old 11-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #42
Eganwp
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by microdon2
View Post
Guys - if you're going to discuss relative social postion it might help your argument if you get your own spelling and grammar correct. "To many thugs" - you mean "TOO" many. "TOO" is an adverb meaning "excessive". Also, "guys who fly with THERE wallets..." - should be "THEIR" - possessive. Last, if you're going to write in sentences the proper use of punctuation - the occasional comma or period, where appropriate - would be a welcome addition. THEN, once you write correctly, maybe you can start putting down the "thugs".

LOL, good to see you here Microdon! I just wanted to point out that you missed a comma in your first sentence after the word "position", as well as having misspelled the word "the" after "sentences", rather than "then". Also, several of your hyphens are being used incorrectly as well.

And yes, I'm just trying to give you a hard time on grammer/spelling! Haha
Old 11-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #43
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals

Quote: Originally Posted by Eganwp
View Post
LOL, good to see you here Microdon! I just wanted to point out that you missed a comma in your first sentence after the word "position", as well as having misspelled the word "the" after "sentences", rather than "then". Also, several of your hyphens are being used incorrectly as well.

And yes, I'm just trying to give you a hard time on grammer/spelling! Haha
Energie

Old 11-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #44
superstocktx
aka Decal Dennis

Quote: Originally Posted by microdon2
View Post
We are pilot's on here...not running for president of the united states...JESHHH! (oops for got to capitalize a few key words, my bad and not proper grammar!) Most ignored the non proper grammar and knew exactly what they meant!!
superstocktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #45
BarneyBoy
into the wild blue yonder

jeez I just want to fly...
BarneyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote