Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

 

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Blogs > vincidileonardo's blog
Forgot your password? Create a new account


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #31
planecajun
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
planecajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States, LA, Covington
Age: 42
Posts: 2,174
Default

.
planecajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:47 AM   #32
vincidileonardo
on a vacation
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States, FL, Sarasota
Posts: 50
Default

Planecajun
O agree with you 100%
If you check the first 50 ads you'll see that are a
Ways the same people bulling the ads like badazz, the edge, 3dvictim , and others , this people have 5 or 6 username in the site but are all the same person and they do that because they have the same item for sale and they are gonna do write anything to kick you out
So sad so sad
vincidileonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #33
planecajun
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
planecajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United States, LA, Covington
Age: 42
Posts: 2,174
Default

when you see that stuff, you need to report their posts to the moderator. thats the only way to fix the problem.
besides driving to someones house and knocking on the door and expressing your grievance in person. i've done that too, works like a charm.
planecajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #34
superstocktx
aka Decal Dennis
 
superstocktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,472
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by StickerBiotch
View Post
I have found that the site has changed quite a bit over the years. It's gone from guys that use to run together all the time that would make jokes and rib each other to a few what I like to call "keyboard pilots" guys that don't really fly or can barely fly enter into a thread and start talking trash or think that they know everything about the subject that the thread is suppose to be about. To me that is the biggest problem with the site right now are those type of guys and the stir the pot guys that just come on to start sh*t in a thread to watch what happens!
superstocktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #35
paul byrum
Flyin' Around
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: brevard
Age: 81
Posts: 12
Default

you can tell a thug in that they misspell simple words like "too."
paul byrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #36
PC12DRVR
Gettin' Lower!
 
PC12DRVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 71
Default

Are they like these guys ?
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	e-thug2.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	429214 31.0 KB · Views: 202

PC12DRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:05 AM   #37
Reefrus
Doo It! Doo It!
 
Reefrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kingwood
Posts: 137
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by planecajun
View Post
you learn something new everyday in this hobby. you might learn something from the new guy at the field flying .40 size glow models. We all have something to contribute to the hobby and to each other. The thugs are missing the boat because this hobby is as much about the lifelong friends you make as it is about airplanes. quick story.....i used to drive trucks and build planes in the sleeper. was in florida and went to a field out there where the LHS owner helped me fly the goldberg ultimate i just built. i was a decent pilot but nervous and he did a great job of helping me take the edge off. years later after seeing him only 4 times in my life........was in florida on vacation with the family and this guy passes me in town and runs up and gives me a giant hand shake and pat on the back. we laughed and had a grand old time seeing each other again and he remembered me like it was yesterday. these are the kind of people this hobby is about and who will remember you and be genuinely pleased to see you after 15 years without a word have passed. thats what people dont "GET" about this hobby.
Very well said Planecajun


Quote: Originally Posted by vincidileonardo
View Post
Planecajun
O agree with you 100%
If you check the first 50 ads you'll see that are a
Ways the same people bulling the ads like badazz, the edge, 3dvictim , and others , this people have 5 or 6 username in the site but are all the same person and they do that because they have the same item for sale and they are gonna do write anything to kick you out
So sad so sad
I am a mod on another web site, when we see a person that has more than one user name registered to a account on the same IP address, and they cannot justifty the reason why, we ban for 500 days or longer if they try again on same IP we block the IP.
Reefrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #38
notruthless
liv nvrtd
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United States, NC
Posts: 134
Default

PDC : pretty damn close!
Quote: Originally Posted by PC12DRVR
View Post
Are they like these guys ?
notruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #39
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals
 
T_Simatovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Age: 20
Posts: 3,712
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by airboss/oc
View Post
most thugs are really nerds with tough computers
lol so true! in the end, were all playing with toys! the only difference is how much we spend on them or how good our skills are with them!
__________________
Tomas Simatovic
Hitec
Aerobeez
Energie

T_Simatovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #40
microdon2
microdon2
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United States, NY, New York
Age: 56
Posts: 5
Send a message via Yahoo to microdon2
Default

Guys - if you're going to discuss relative social postion it might help your argument if you get your own spelling and grammar correct. "To many thugs" - you mean "TOO" many. "TOO" is an adverb meaning "excessive". Also, "guys who fly with THERE wallets..." - should be "THEIR" - possessive. Last, if you're going to write in sentences the proper use of punctuation - the occasional comma or period, where appropriate - would be a welcome addition. THEN, once you write correctly, maybe you can start putting down the "thugs".
microdon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #41
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals
 
T_Simatovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Age: 20
Posts: 3,712
Default

man, i jus gots mah thanksgivin break an i don wanna think about grammar ayat this point...
__________________
Tomas Simatovic
Hitec
Aerobeez
Energie

T_Simatovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #42
Eganwp
Uber Contributor
 
Eganwp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada, AB, Calgary
Age: 32
Posts: 766
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by microdon2
View Post
Guys - if you're going to discuss relative social postion it might help your argument if you get your own spelling and grammar correct. "To many thugs" - you mean "TOO" many. "TOO" is an adverb meaning "excessive". Also, "guys who fly with THERE wallets..." - should be "THEIR" - possessive. Last, if you're going to write in sentences the proper use of punctuation - the occasional comma or period, where appropriate - would be a welcome addition. THEN, once you write correctly, maybe you can start putting down the "thugs".

LOL, good to see you here Microdon! I just wanted to point out that you missed a comma in your first sentence after the word "position", as well as having misspelled the word "the" after "sentences", rather than "then". Also, several of your hyphens are being used incorrectly as well.

And yes, I'm just trying to give you a hard time on grammer/spelling! Haha
__________________
35% Hangar 9 Extra 300 DLE-111 | 33% Lanier Yak 54 DL-100 | 30% Peak Edge 540T v2 DLE-55 | SkyWalker 1280mHz Long Range FPV | My YouTube Channel | Jesus saves!
Eganwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #43
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals
 
T_Simatovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Age: 20
Posts: 3,712
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Eganwp
View Post
LOL, good to see you here Microdon! I just wanted to point out that you missed a comma in your first sentence after the word "position", as well as having misspelled the word "the" after "sentences", rather than "then". Also, several of your hyphens are being used incorrectly as well.

And yes, I'm just trying to give you a hard time on grammer/spelling! Haha
__________________
Tomas Simatovic
Hitec
Aerobeez
Energie

T_Simatovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #44
superstocktx
aka Decal Dennis
 
superstocktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,472
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by microdon2
View Post
Guys - if you're going to discuss relative social postion it might help your argument if you get your own spelling and grammar correct. "To many thugs" - you mean "TOO" many. "TOO" is an adverb meaning "excessive". Also, "guys who fly with THERE wallets..." - should be "THEIR" - possessive. Last, if you're going to write in sentences the proper use of punctuation - the occasional comma or period, where appropriate - would be a welcome addition. THEN, once you write correctly, maybe you can start putting down the "thugs".
We are pilot's on here...not running for president of the united states...JESHHH! (oops for got to capitalize a few key words, my bad and not proper grammar!) Most ignored the non proper grammar and knew exactly what they meant!!
superstocktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #45
BarneyBoy
into the wild blue yonder
 
BarneyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United States, OR, Dundee
Posts: 36
Default

jeez I just want to fly...
BarneyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.

All Flyinggiants.com content copyright 2006-2014 by RCGroups.com, LLC except where otherwise indicated. The Flyinggiants.com logo is a trademark of RCGroups.com, LLC.
Please report any misuse of our trademarks or copyright violations using the contact form.
RCGroups Network :: RCGroups :: Crackroll :: RC Cars

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.