Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Vendors > Smart-Fly Support
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 11-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
JCFLYR
Love the sticks

Default comp 12 turbo vs eq-10 question

Hey guys, I'm considering purchasing a 42% Dalton extra 300 equipped with a power system competition 12 turbo. I am using a jr 9503 radio but need 10 channels to run the thing. ie: 2 servos in each wing, 1 in each elevator half, 2 for rudder and 1 for throttle and 1 for kill. I am new to power systems and expanders but notice the competition 12 turbo states it has 10 channels that support 3 servos and 2 that support 4. I assumed at first this was for servo matching, but as I read the forums I am thinking not. What are these for? If I purchase the plane, I may dump off the 12 and purchase a power expander eq10. I need the servo matching and I really dont need to reduce input voltage to servos as I would like to use dual A123 6.6 volt nanophosphates. I am thinking of using the jr921 for rx. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. John
Aero Cumulus Smoke Oil........Here kitty-kitty.....
JCFLYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
rrritchey
Super Contributor

Hi,
The Competition 12 does not have servo matching. It is generally designed for pilots with 12-channel radios or those who wish to use the Hitec programmer to match the servos. If you need servo matching then the Eq10 would be a good choice if you do not need to regulate the servo voltage.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
JCFLYR
Love the sticks

Thanks for the info.
Aero Cumulus Smoke Oil........Here kitty-kitty.....
JCFLYR is offline   Reply With Quote