Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Build Threads
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #136
Richard D
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by jersdunz
View Post
Do I sense a 120cc 4 cylinder in the near future? Because that would be awesome..
I need to iron out some bugs in the one I have now, but when thats done and I am satisfied its hard to say what the future may bring.
Richard D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #137
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals

Quote: Originally Posted by cbarnes0061
View Post
Only a pansy wears a bowtie.
Energie

T_Simatovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #138
jersdunz
Doo It! Doo It!

Here is another low quality teaser pic.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	0224121233-00.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	447393 88.3 KB · Views: 182

jersdunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #139
flyrcjoe13
Team Hitec

Yep, She is in St. Georege Utah at the Presidents Day Fly-in. It is held at the Remote Possibilties RC club.
flyrcjoe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #140
dbrford
Gettin' Lower!

Quote: Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13
View Post
Yep, She is in St. Georege Utah at the Presidents Day Fly-in. It is held at the Remote Possibilties RC club.
Looking awesome Joe, wish I was there. I heard a local (Washington, Utah) pilot that is pretty good at the sticks flew the hell out of it . You need to let us know the feedback you received.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #141
jace
Yak Attack

Pics do this plane ZERO justice!!! Awesome plane in person. Also nice to meet you guys in person
jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #142
crackedup
TEAM HITEC

Okay, now that the fun is over from the St George fly-in, time to let it out. Joe and I have been talking over the phone and the Internet for over a year and I have never got to meet him or Brent. So we made the deal to meet in St George fly-in... He was going to be bringing his big surprise for everyone to see. Let me just say he did not let anyone down. I got there Saturday and as my family and I drove up the drive I saw this big blue monster in the air and said to my wife there is Joe's plane. She had not even totally stooped and I was out the truck. Up to the flight line I went found the man of the hour and said "not big enough" he laughed Brent was flying and he said let him try. I can say without any hesitation after checking the rates by the way just low and high and how it responded it was them most relaxing plane to fly. The DLE 222. and the HITEC servos were more than enough power. Joe really knows how to set them up on the third pass went to high rate and shot into a hover and she did not even sneeze at me!!! She locked in and stayed put. Torqued around and I just laughed.. She was a dream to fly... She will do anything you want her to do and has the power to back it up. Joe and the crew really hit it out of the park with this one.

New horizons bring new things to life. My joys are my family, flying, and anything fast.... LOL

Meet Joe was one of those things I am glad I did. Joe and Brent along with Brad and the crew he introduced me to were just a fun bunch of good ol boys. We had a great time and Joe's plane is awesome.. Thanks for the great time guys myself and my family look forward to the drive to the land of POTATOES.. lol

The people in St. George put on a great show. Anyone close enough to get to that field should really make the drive it was worth the 2hr drive from Vegas, and I look forward to going back there. It was a great environment to be in my children played with the many kids that were there. Everyone was great!!!

thanks for the great time.
Look forward to the next one.

Robert
Old 02-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #143
bonez
Flyin' Around

hey Rob nice post thanks for the kind words, was great to meet you and get to fly a bit, i do like that big bird. Jace 21 it was awesome to see u guys there at st. george, really enjoyed talking with u, hope you are there next year.

the st. george crew did a great job with the fun fly, i had a blast, great event!

oh yes and thanks Joe for all the stick time on the 260 it is soooooo sweet to fly!
bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #144
jersdunz
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by bonez
View Post
hey Rob nice post thanks for the kind words, was great to meet you and get to fly a bit, i do like that big bird. Jace 21 it was awesome to see u guys there at st. george, really enjoyed talking with u, hope you are there next year.

the st. george crew did a great job with the fun fly, i had a blast, great event!

oh yes and thanks Joe for all the stick time on the 260 it is soooooo sweet to fly!
You already know that the stick time wasn't free, it wasn't accidental, it was a necessary Evil little seed that is growing in your head right now as we speak. The burning to get going on your 260 is going to be nearly intolerable Very Soon .... he he he
Old 02-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #145
jace
Yak Attack

^ that's awesome! Lol!
jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #146
crackedup
TEAM HITEC

Default Sure Just Rub it IN...LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by jersdunz
View Post
You already know that the stick time wasn't free, it wasn't accidental, it was a necessary Evil little seed that is growing in your head right now as we speak. The burning to get going on your 260 is going to be nearly intolerable Very Soon .... he he he

See how you are, Just rub it in... LOL
Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #147
jersdunz
Doo It! Doo It!

Video Link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJVVu...ature=youtu.be

The movie maker software I use hates this file type without exporting it thru Sony software That I haven't installed from the last build on my new tower.. so I apologize for that, but this is still cool.

Pictures...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	448161 99.4 KB · Views: 91

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	448162 65.1 KB · Views: 79

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	448163 77.5 KB · Views: 59

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	448164 126.2 KB · Views: 59

Last edited by jersdunz; 02-29-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #148
hollywoodjax
tryin to huck!!

Sweet pics of the bird. Great job.

"Perfecting the hover" I wish I only could.
hollywoodjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #149
jaredge
Doo It! Doo It!

Good to see the pics. next time we need them faster, nobody likes a tease!
Joe, glad to see you keeping some altitude on the new bird. Can't wait to see it actually doing some down and dirty Huckin
Old 02-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #150
vsnap
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

That has to be one of the most eye appealing simplistic color scemes out there. Love it, thanks for letting us in on the build.
Carden Yak 37% (FOR SALE $1100)
Hemple HyperBipe ( FOR SALE T.B.D.)
vsnap is offline   Reply With Quote