Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Airframes and Kits
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 01-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Jatrizzy
Uber Contributor

Default 20 cc profile plane

Looking for a smaller gas plane. Would like some suggestions and why. I have looked at aeroworks profile and also valley view yak profile. Really like the vv yak but cant find alot of info on it. Does anyone have or seen the yak fly?
Jatrizzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
lebowski
little lebowski urban acheiver

I just ordered the Aeroworks profile at the ama convention yest. Ive got a dle-20 going in it. I would have liked to have seen Valley View at the convention but they didnt make it.
lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Jatrizzy
Uber Contributor

To me the yak is kinda like a hybrid with everything in the fuse. Kinda like that making it cleaner looking. But if it flies like a turd dont matter how clean it looks. aw does fly well what i seen. Did you buy the conversion kit for aw profile?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
lebowski
little lebowski urban acheiver

yes i did buy the kit to put the 20 in it. im gonna order the cf gear and tail wheel as well. I like the VV yak with the tank and stuff in the fuse but i dont like to buy things i cant see in person and look at it with my eyes. I have a fellow club member with the AW profile with a saito 100 in it and he loves it. that and after talking with Rocco and seeing the plane i ordered one.
lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
Fred
Super Contributor

I got a Redwing S Bach came it 7.5 lbs with a DLE 20. It flies great ,, I have had Mojo 40 & 60, Katana 70,, and a Chin Yak,, I think it out flies them it does need just a little more speed but it is not flighty and floaty in the wind it is solid . I have found a way to mount the radio gear in the fues on the one building for a buddy. The only down side is it is built light and will not survive a cartwheel landing ..I am waiting on good weather to do a better video of but here is what I have.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Jatrizzy
Uber Contributor

thanks fred. I was also looking at the sbach in that excat color too. lol Only thing that concerned me was the wing area on it. But you answered my concern. I fig it might be flighty or darty.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
gpalmer211
Doo It! Doo It!

You might take a look at aeroworks 60-90 extra 300. My father in law has one with a dle 20 and it is just a hoot. One battery via a IBEC from valley view rc.
gpalmer211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #8
coronabob
Gettin' Lower!

Quote: Originally Posted by Fred
View Post
I got a Redwing S Bach came it 7.5 lbs with a DLE 20. It flies great ,, I have had Mojo 40 & 60, Katana 70,, and a Chin Yak,, I think it out flies them it does need just a little more speed but it is not flighty and floaty in the wind it is solid . I have found a way to mount the radio gear in the fues on the one building for a buddy. The only down side is it is built light and will not survive a cartwheel landing ..I am waiting on good weather to do a better video of but here is what I have.

S BACH
I have just bought the last Green one Tim had earlier today. How do you like yours so far? Thank you for sharing your info and vid.
coronabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
noahb
Doo It! Doo It!

Ohio Model Products Fusion. Do your research. Great airplane. Flys pattern and 3d awesome.
noahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
Fred
Super Contributor

Old post but just an update,,,,,,,I am starting on my 3rd one LOL,,no fault of the plane though,,I did discover that you WILL need to add triangle stock to the motor mount on the back side . The ply plate is to soft,, that is the only thing I have added I have beat these thing up in the air though, they are a blast .
Old 08-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
jerrysu29
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by Fred
View Post
Old post but just an update,,,,,,,I am starting on my 3rd one LOL,,no fault of the plane though,,I did discover that you WILL need to add triangle stock to the motor mount on the back side . The ply plate is to soft,, that is the only thing I have added I have beat these thing up in the air though, they are a blast .
I got to fly one of the Sbachs last weekend Great Flier, the sbach belongs to a friend of mine. I was out flying one of the new Yak 54 20cc Profiles with a Mintor 22cc engine. The Yak 54 is more for slow high alfa manuvers. The Mintor 22cc beats the DLE 20 hands down I have biult two Yak 54's one with a Mintor 22cc and one with the DLE 20cc, and I'm currently biulding the third Yaf 54 Profile with another Mintor 22cc.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1796.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	495359 103.4 KB · Views: 273

Name:	IMG_1846.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	495360 117.7 KB · Views: 250

Name:	IMG_1847.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	495361 78.5 KB · Views: 289

Old 08-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #12
closetguy

Quote: Originally Posted by noahb
View Post
Ohio Model Products Fusion. Do your research. Great airplane. Flys pattern and 3d awesome.

yep i think the Fusion out flies them all.but the last time i check it was still out of stock and has been that way for over a year.
i think we have seen the last of that plane,it's to bad it was one of the best.
closetguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
noahb
Doo It! Doo It!

I hope not. I talked with them about 3 weeks ago and they still plan on releasing the new version (what they is I have no idea) but they indicated to me that they currently have there money tied up in there larger airplanes, so they need to recoup that before they dump money back into the fusion. They are hoping in about a year.

I hope they do come out with it again. Awesome all around airplane.
noahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
IwataAir
Super Contributor

I do not think the aeroworks is pro-bro approved, it is far to heavy, this is only applicable if you want to 3d the **** out of it.

+1 vote for the OMP.
IwataAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #15
jerrysu29

I have flown the fusion, didn't care for it at all. OMP's Older Yak 54 and their Profile Yak 55-SP fly much better than the fusion, I am just like you I have my Oppinion , you have yours. I've done the research also.