Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 03-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #91
jersdunz
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by anders e
View Post
Try to be positive............. Better to think its a good plane at 16,5 insted of just argue about the weight
For sure at 16.5 lbs she will be a great flying bipe, for that matter since its not a 3d plane it may actually do scale aerobatics even better with a little extra weight. If I could afford one at the moment I would try it. I am curious what gp is going to end up with on his new 61cc that has yet to be finished.

Anybody know of any video showing how well the da60 does on the existing m12?
jersdunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #92
anders e
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Yehh i'm with you about the weight and scale-flying
http://www.planebenderproducts.com/
http://www.bandegraphix.com/ http://www.aztechaeromodels.com/
anders e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #93
wyo69cowboy
Gettin better 1 crash@ a time!

What are the differences in this Pitts and the Python AW already has? I'm not current on the differences between an M12, Python, etc....

Someone in this thread I think has the current Python; does that plane 3D at all?
Seagull 120 Decathlon/VV 20
Reactor Bipe 6S;BH Mosquito 4S twin R.I.P.
wyo69cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #94
js/rc
It's all Touch N Go !!

Quote: Originally Posted by wyo69cowboy
View Post
What are the differences in this Pitts and the Python AW already has? I'm not current on the differences between an M12, Python, etc....

Someone in this thread I think has the current Python; does that plane 3D at all?
I am one here that has the AW Python & I believe a better guy to ask is Reyn3545, who has also posted here. I'm not real good at 3D yet as I can hover & do most regular aerobatics but just can't seem to get it right down on the deck. It tumbles nice & does nice spins & the best thing it does is it rolls just ballisticaly & verticaley too !! I have the DA-50 in it . I thinkm mentioned here earlier is the fact that this new Checkmate doesn't have quite the length of ailerons that the Python has, keeping them out of most of the propwash. My plane has always been a real attention getter in my area & you can bet the Checkmate will really be an attention getter too !!
Thanks, John
js/rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #95
Vic3D
Mother Huckin'

Awards Showcase
Wesse's Haaard Man Award!: For showing our community the joy of eating jap-a-lin-os and being a haaaard man! Wesse Power! - Issue reason: Welcome to the haaaaard man club! Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 The GPTPDSST Award: The Gay Pride Triple Platinum Diamond Studded Steaming Faberge Turd Award. - Issue reason: GPTPDSST Award recieved photochopping the site admin. 
Total Awards: 3
Send a message via AIM to Vic3D Send a message via MSN to Vic3D

Quote: Originally Posted by wyo69cowboy
View Post

I've flown one. Yes it does.
Aztech Aeromodels
Taildragger RC
Vic3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #96
airborne33
Romans 8:28

Quote: Originally Posted by DCash
View Post
I will guess $690 to $730 since that is what their other 50cc bipes are priced at.

Of course, they would sell more at $399.00!
Yep, if it was a 30cc
John 3:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

Last edited by airborne33; 03-31-2012 at 06:16 AM.
airborne33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #97
wyo69cowboy
Gettin better 1 crash@ a time!

Quote: Originally Posted by js/rc
View Post
I am one here that has the AW Python & I believe a better guy to ask is Reyn3545, who has also posted here. I'm not real good at 3D yet as I can hover & do most regular aerobatics but just can't seem to get it right down on the deck. It tumbles nice & does nice spins & the best thing it does is it rolls just ballisticaly & verticaley too !! I have the DA-50 in it . I thinkm mentioned here earlier is the fact that this new Checkmate doesn't have quite the length of ailerons that the Python has, keeping them out of most of the propwash. My plane has always been a real attention getter in my area & you can bet the Checkmate will really be an attention getter too !!
Thanks, John
Thanks, I went and watched the vid on the AW site; it looks like it 3D's pretty well. When they release more specs on the new plane, maybe we can tell a little more. Guess I'm still confused on differences, other than the new Checkmate has more scale details and scale ailerons...
Seagull 120 Decathlon/VV 20
Reactor Bipe 6S;BH Mosquito 4S twin R.I.P.
wyo69cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #98
js/rc
It's all Touch N Go !!

I like the way that canopy comes off for access !! Plus access through the bottom of the fuse when the wing is off .
Thanks again !!
John
js/rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #99
Guardbum115
Flyin' Around

So when's this thing come out for sale to the public??
Guardbum115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #100
Mark Dennis
Uber Contributor

We are looking at a late summer release date.

Mark
Old 03-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #101
robbinsp
Team WTFO

i say this bird can be a 3d monster. just dial in ailevators and move cg back and dont forget the da-60!

oh and i dont like the scheme or biplanes in general, but this one as well as kendals is sweet!

I wanna fly like Jake someday.
robbinsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #102
terryscustom
Wood Butcher

Quote: Originally Posted by robbinsp
View Post
i say this bird can be a 3d monster. just dial in ailevators and move cg back and dont forget the da-60!

oh and i dont like the scheme or biplanes in general, but this one as well as kendals is sweet!
Don't like bipes huh PUNK!! My Peakmodel has so much loose balsa in the wings it sounds like cheerios rolling around in there. Maybe I should let you wring it out so I can get one of these AW ones?
terryscustom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:10 AM   #103
Krazy Karl

Awards Showcase
Norm Abrams Master Craftsman Award: Master Craftsman. Simply an amazing builder! - Issue reason: Great Scratch build.  You are a master! 
Total Awards: 1

This is what this plane should do. I think it will be fully capable. You just need to make sure you have a smoke system.

WWW.ACRONUT.COM WWW.AERO-WORKS.NET
Krazy Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #104
reyn3545

My wife made me take her to a Daughtry concert last week... I stood there till 11:00 at night waiting for it to end... sounded like the same song, being played over and over again, by 3 different bands.

They aren't bad, but not my cup of tea.

Anyway... that's some exciting flying by Kendal, despite the music!
reyn3545 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #105
sirzepp
Doo It! Doo It!

Kendal Simpson = wow

These guys are really pushing full scale into the stratosphere (while down on the deck). Love it.
sirzepp is online now   Reply With Quote