Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > IMAC > General IMAC Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 05-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #91
Sukhoikid
UAV R&D Pilot

Quote: Originally Posted by reyn3545
View Post
ouch.. did it break just in front of the rudder?
I was flying and didn't really see it. I was actually flying to that side of the field at the time and everyone thought I took his wings off. It look like Real Flight Simulator and you hit the flight failure button from the corner of my eye.

Kevin Garland
Sukhoikid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #92
reyn3545
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Man.. too bad he didn't have that little red reset button on his transmitter!
reyn3545 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #93
Garley
aka Bones

Quote: Originally Posted by Sukhoikid
View Post
btw saw a Comp Arf 260 break apart this past weekend at an IMAC contest. Worst part he was done with his sequence and was just turning base to final for landing when it broke.
Break apart in what way? A wing broke or fuselage?

JR Propo,Desert Aircraft Australia, KS Exhaust Systems, Smart-Fly, TAS Foamies and Airman Wheels
Garley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #94
Borries
After a storm comes a calm

Send a message via Skype™ to Borries

Hmmmmmm
Futaba 14MZ 2.4 GHz Fasst

Last edited by Borries; 05-07-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Borries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #95
Swatin Flys
Chief Aircraft R/C Sales Tech.

Quote: Originally Posted by Garley
View Post
Wing.
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-control
Swatin Flys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #96
mmcconville
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by jraycut
View Post
The sukhoi for spins???

Effortless, the book tells you to set up the elevators at about 10.5 degrees of elevator throw for sequence work, I have found that 13-14 degrees of throw will give nice pitch departure for snaps and a nice amount of elevator for spins. No need for reaching for another switch for spins....unless you are going downwind of course.

Actually I use a mix for spin entries that kicks up the elevator throw to around 14.5 deg if memory serves. That is in the manual.

I have to say, spins with the Suk are amazing. Very easy entry, true spins (not aileron) and immediate exit when you let go of rudder and elev.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #97
Eganwp
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by jraycut
View Post
Guys, I appreciate the kind words.

I'm not sponsored by horizon, but as far as the wings go, they have carbon fiber on the upper and lower wing spars. The plane is very straight and flies solid. I have owned cardens, aeroworks, 3w's...and this H9 is no slouch...if it was, I wouldn't be flying the plane right now. I'm a stickler on covering jobs and I am very impressed and pleased with this one....with everything, fit, finish, flying. As for the hardware, all H9 stuff, didn't replace anything but main wheels and tail wheel.

Who would have thought, right?! Hanger 9 has definelty stepped up with this one!
+1 on any of the new H9 stuff!

I'm loving my new Extra 300. Mike did a great job in designing her. Flies very straight and crisp! Check out my build thread here if you're interested: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=65108

Travis
Old 05-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #98
Sukhoikid
UAV R&D Pilot

Quote: Originally Posted by Garley
View Post
It was the wings. But then again I have seen an Extra 260 go through 4 years of non stop IMAC flying by someone that went from Basic to Unlimited in those four years. When he sold it the plane still look brand new!

Kevin Garland
Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #99
jraycut
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by mmcconville
View Post
Actually I use a mix for spin entries that kicks up the elevator throw to around 14.5 deg if memory serves. That is in the manual.

I have to say, spins with the Suk are amazing. Very easy entry, true spins (not aileron) and immediate exit when you let go of rudder and elev.

Thanks Mike!

I had actually set up an elevator to elevator mix on my roller rate... when the (elevator) stick is pegged - I get more (elevator) throw for spins.

Great flying plane to say the least!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #100
Royster
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by mmcconville
View Post

Nice, thanks Mike
Old 06-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #101
Sukhoikid
UAV R&D Pilot

Flew Joe's Sukhoi this past weekend....I will say its a great bird for IMAC! Just ask Joe how I flew it lol....He had to steal the tx away....ha ha!!!

Kevin Garland
Old 06-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #102
dakota97
IMAC Intermediate

Hey Sukhoi. It may be possible that my wing nuts came loose. I have a tendecy to overtighten things a bit and after 2 years, it is possible the threads let go. Funny thing... that was my first RC loss. The plane did a flat spin all the way down, and landed on it's landing gear. The only thing I lost was the airframe. Everything else was fine. I couldn't believe it! I had that 260 for the past 2 years. I like it so much that I bought another one. Yellow Kiwi this time. Maiden flight on Tuesday. See you at Mac Hoges in a couple weeks. Need a scorekeeper?
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	PDRM0001j.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	476818 52.1 KB · Views: 66

Last edited by dakota97; 06-10-2012 at 09:51 PM.
dakota97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #103
Sukhoikid
UAV R&D Pilot

Quote: Originally Posted by dakota97
View Post
Hey Sukhoi. It may be possible that my wing nuts came loose. I have a tendecy to overtighten things a bit and after 2 years, it is possible the threads let go. Funny thing... that was my first RC loss. The plane did a flat spin all the way down, and landed on it's landing gear. The only thing I lost was the airframe. Everything else was fine. I couldn't believe it! I had that 260 for the past 2 years. I like it so much that I bought another one. Yellow Kiwi this time. Maiden flight on Tuesday. See you at Mac Hoges in a couple weeks. Need a scorekeeper?
Gotcha! I am also looking into a Comp 260 for a new IMAC plane. Decisions decision. I know I flew Kevin Wilsons 260 very well! I just don't have the money at the moment to put out for a new IMAC plane

Yes I will be needing a score keeper! We will have the motorhome down there so we can do score keeping in there if y'all like to.

thanks for the help! Cant wait!

Kevin Garland
Old 06-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #104
dakota97
IMAC Intermediate

I did hear a vibration when I was flying my 2nd sequence. Thought it might be the prop delaminating... Boy, was I wrong! If I would have landed, I would probably still have the plane. Wendy made me buy a new one on Monday.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #105
dakota97
IMAC Intermediate

Yup, they fly great! They are a little on the fast side for us old guys, but they fly very well.