Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 06-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4
Default 2012 Youth Masters. Are You Ready?

Guys, we are just a little over a month away from the 2012 Youth Masters contest at the beautiful Triple Tree Aerodrome! If you are a pilot 16 years old or younger and have an interest in flying IMAC, then this is the event to attend! Many of the great world-class pilots started right here at Youth Masters.

Our good buddy Donnie from Chief Aircraft is one of the many fine people running this event and he had this to say:

Okay men and women, it is that time of year again for the Youth Masters at Triple Tree Aerodrome! The dates this year are July 28th and 29th (Saturday and Sunday). As in previous years, we will have a classroom setting on Saturday AM, followed by an introduction to the planes that you will be flying this year. There will be Basic and Advanced, as in years past. If there is interest, we'll have a Saturday night foamy throw down. Remember, this event is FREE and planes will be supplied for the competition!

We hope to see a lot of new and familiar faces at this event!
Come on out and have a ton of Fun!

Thanks,
Flying Skunks (Donnie)

For more information check out the official Youth Masters at Triple Tree Flyinggiants.com Thread.

Or go to the Joe Nall Youth Masters web page!

Good luck guys!
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	youth masters.jpg
Views:	8076
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	475073 201.4 KB · Views: 8076

Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!

Last edited by FG MOD; 06-04-2012 at 11:31 AM.
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
McFueler
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

If you have ever been to the Joe Nall you know what a great place Triple Tree Aerodrome is, just think we have the whole place to ourself for that weekend ! 20 to 30 people total and we have the whole place !!!!!! I would like to see more young pilots show up this year and we need helpers also, so if you fly IMAC and want to come to Triple Tree for the weekend and help out please do and bring a young pilot with you !!!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
wmat7039
SILVER FOX

This is one of the few events that is geared toward the youth. There are many parents who will take advantage of this opportunity to channel their kid's energies in a positive, constructive direction.

Kent Porter and his team do a very good job at making this event the best it can be. All the equipment needed are provided by the Triple Tree Aerodrome. Make solid plans to attend... You certainly won't regret the decision.
Wayne
Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
Huckin Chuck

WOOHOO! I am so excited for my second Youth Masters! I loved meeting everyone there last year, and I am looking forward to catching up with yall this time around.
Please come if you are on the fence. It is a fun filled weekend that is packed with flying. However, not about the contest, its about the people. I remember staying up till the AM swapping stories, then finally going to sleep on the grass or in a sleeping bag in the 3d line Gazebo. Next morning we wake up and go for a swim in the river, and do it all over again.
I caught the IMAC bug there. I had never given prescision a thought till that event, now I love it.

Please come to the YM, it is the greatest youth event out there.

PS, Pat gives free rides in his stearman and cub...
Old 06-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
red_z06

It sure would be cool if they held the YM on the back end of JN back to back. If they did, we would have stuck around few more days.
red_z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
McFueler

The youth are still in school,,,,,,,,,,,, we have it during the summer so they don't have to miss school.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
Sukhoikid
UAV R&D Pilot

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! Super-Huck!: Presented for incredible contributions from our members, to our community. - Issue reason: For bringing back the incredible action from the 2006 Don Lowe Masters in form of photos, writeups, and mass quantities of videos for all of our enjoyment. 
Total Awards: 2

This is a great event for anyone who is 16 and younger. It is was inspired me to start competing in IMAC competition and it taught me just to go out and have fun at these events. Who cares who gets 1st place 2nd place 3rd and so on! Its the memories you have with your fellow competitors that you will always remember! This event teaches you a lot! I competed in 2005 and 2006 and have been helping out with this event since 2007. I hope to make it again this year to help out!

Kent and his crew does a great job like Wayne said!

Kevin Garland
Sukhoikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Huckin Chuck

Kevin said it best, its all about the experience and people. I am looking forward to putting more frogs in the slick, i mean ummm hehehe
Old 06-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
McFueler

Now we know who did that !
Old 06-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
red_z06

Quote: Originally Posted by McFueler
View Post
The youth are still in school,,,,,,,,,,,, we have it during the summer so they don't have to miss school.
That makes sense.
red_z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
teedee
Doo It! Doo It!

I'll be there to help out . What a great experience for the kids ! Oh and me too !!!
teedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
gokartin1
Doo It! Doo It!

ha darn i just found out about this to bad my birthday is june 12th than i will be 17! guess ill just have to get really good so i can join the big guys =P
gokartin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
shadow1100
Spinner Guy

I will be there with my 12 year old son (Britton). We are practicing already for it, can't wait

Steve

Former---Hi-Tec Auroura 9 user
Comp-Arf 3.1 Super Extra
Extreme Flight 88". Yak
shadow1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
flying skunks
I got a BIG BLOCK now ......

Thanks Sleepy , as it has been stated above , it's Free ..It's a GREAT weekend of flying and FUN . and just to make clear , there is NO Minimum age , my son was 5 when we first started attending the YM .. Also , if you look at the pic that Sleepy posted , I have hair ..This was the year I lost the bet with my son , " You win , I go Bald " ..Love IT ..now the bet is " You win Advanced , I grow hair " ..It's just a Great weekend , I even offer to bring up other kids , that their parent/ guardian can not get away ..these kids become friends for life at the YM ....
anyone has any questions , feel free to PM me of call me 386-290-4547
See you soon ......
Triple Tree Youth Masters , July 27-28
Torch Engines ..........Bunny Up
flying skunks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
Huckin Chuck

Mr bryans, when will this years sequences be announced? They are the same as last year on the site now. Are they the same year after year, or will there be new ones made up?