Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Competition Corner > Pattern Competition
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 09-22-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
Troy Newman
Doo It! Doo It!

Default 2007 Aresti Drawings for Pattern

There has been some discusion on the NSRCA email list regarding the Aresti documents. These files were created to help pattern flyers with understanding the sequences. I am making sure these documents are availble to help the pattern community and understanding of Aerobatics.

Below are the AMA pattern clasess and also the F3A(international level sequences). The P-07 sequence is the Preliminary sequence and the F-07 is used as the Semi Finals and Finals sequence. F3A is the top Pattern class and is the same for all pilots all over the world. This is the class that is a TOC-Invitational level class. In many countries this is the only pattern class they have. These are the sequences flown at the World Championships for model aerobatics. There are no advancement rules or anything associated witht his class. You can fly this class at anytime and have no fear of not being able to jump back to your respective AMA class skill level. For Precision Aerobatics this is where the top pilots fly. The Finals are flown with (2) F-07 sequences and (2) Unknown sequences created by the Pilots. There are rules on how the Unknowns must be chosen but basically all 10 pilots meet and draw for flight order. Once this is done the order for picking figures is determined. The pilots alternate back and forth choosing figures from the Aresti model catalog for F3A until there are 19 figures in each sequence. This includes Take off and Landing sequences. The finals are then pilots flying

Round 1 F-07
Round 2 Unknown #1
Round 3 F-07
Round 4 Unknown #2

The winner is determined by the best F-07 and best unknown sequence. In the event of a tie the Semi Final scores will determine the winner.

Therefore enjoy.

P.S. Advanced and Intermediate fixed 9-25-06 Also some humpty Bumps have negative or positive tops as options and this was not shown only the roll options shown. I will caution all using these files. These are not official AMA manuever descriptions. They are a shorthand symbol. They are not perfect but get right ot the point. So go read the descriptions and the downgrades associated with them. Sorry for the errors. You read them 100times and then still find stuff wrong.

Troy Newman
Attached Files

Last edited by Troy Newman; 09-27-2006 at 03:28 AM.
Troy Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
ebatchelor
Flyin' Around

Default Re: 2007 Aresti Drawings for Pattern

Troy
Thanks so much for making this available.
I just found this forum thanks to your message to the list.

Eddie(swlarcham rcu)
DeQuincy La.
ebatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #3
dmichael
Uber Contributor

Troy- Thanks much for the time and effort- I am now hooked on using aresti- it is so much easier than following a written description.

I want to mention one potential edit- I looked over the Advanced sequence and I think that #7 is a bunt- half outside loop and half roll at bottom, yes? If so, the otuside loop should be a dotted line.

Thanks again,

Dave Michael
dmichael is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
Troy Newman
Doo It! Doo It!

Sorry Older version of the Advanced was printed to PDF. It was corrected.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #5
dmichael
Uber Contributor

You're the man! Thanks.
dmichael is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:45 PM   #6
Boulder
It's official, thanks Verne...

Send a message via Skype™ to Boulder

Thanks for doing this Troy. We just completed our season in D4 this weekend, I'll now be practicing the new sequence.

Thanks again.

Fellowship of Christian Modelers
http://www.fcmodelers.com
Boulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #7
Mups53
Owner F3AUnlimited.com Team JR

Really great info. Thanks Troy
Mups53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
KeithB
Flyin' Around

Troy, on the Intermediate pattern figure #16, Double Immelman with ½ rolls, shouldn't the second half loop be dotted as it's a pushing (outside) loop?

This is the first time I've really studied the 2007 Intermediate pattern (the Aresti helps a lot BTW). To me this looks much more challenging and scary than the current Intermediate pattern.

Thanks Troy to you and all of your helpers for putting together our new sequences!

Keith B
KeithB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:24 AM   #9
Troy Newman
Doo It! Doo It!

Keith, thanks that's one that slipped by.

Troy
Old 09-26-2006, 04:56 AM   #10
Boulder
It's official, thanks Verne...

Send a message via Skype™ to Boulder

Quote: Originally Posted by KeithB
Troy, on the Intermediate pattern figure #16, Double Immelman with ½ rolls, shouldn't the second half loop be dotted as it's a pushing (outside) loop?

This is the first time I've really studied the 2007 Intermediate pattern (the Aresti helps a lot BTW). To me this looks much more challenging and scary than the current Intermediate pattern.

Thanks Troy to you and all of your helpers for putting together our new sequences!

Keith B
I agree on the difficulty of the new sequence, looks like it's going to be a challange!! I've only been in Intermediate 1 year, and in looking at both this sequence and the new Advanced, aside from the snaps, I don't see any major difficulty differences.

Even though I had told everybody I wasn't going to move up, after studying both sequences, I'm still on the fence.

Fellowship of Christian Modelers
http://www.fcmodelers.com
Boulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:24 AM   #11
wmat7039
SILVER FOX

Quote: Originally Posted by Troy Newman
P.S. Advanced and Intermediate fixed 9-25-06 Also some humpty Bumps have negative or positive tops as options and this was not shown only the roll options shown. I will caution all using these files. These are not official AMA manuever descriptions. They are a shorthand symbol. They are not perfect but get right ot the point. So go read the descriptions and the downgrades associated with them. Sorry for the errors. You read them 100times and then still find stuff wrong.

Troy
Hi there Troy.... Maybe you can take a look at the Masters Aresti... Figure #8.... I think the Negative Snap should be turned around 180° so that the directional mark show the aircraft should be going the other way?
Wayne
wmat7039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:07 AM   #12
Foamy Love
Finally a Giant pilot

Thanks for the great work!!
Old 10-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #13
hillmanr2
Uber Contributor

Thank you so much. Aresti makes way more sense that a writen discreption to me. In the writen maneuver list for Masters I have, it calls for a golf ball? *** is a golf ball

A huge thank you to my sponsors:
Kelowna speedway and hobby
Team Duralite Flight Systems
hillmanr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:47 AM   #14
Super D
Flyin' Around

HA, I was calling for a buddy and said "golfball". He said "what? "

Thanks for the Aresti Troy, I've reprinted INT sequence 3-4 times already.
Super D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:33 AM   #15
3-d flyer
Uber Contributor

Thanks for doing this!!! I was looking all over a week or so ago to prepare for next year! Thanks for doing this!!!
3-d flyer is offline   Reply With Quote