Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4
Default HITEC HS-7956SHR Rudder Servo

Attention giant scale modelers: Your dream rudder servo has arrived!
Hitec is proud to introduce our high voltage, coreless, steel gear, digital rudder servo, the HS-7956SHR.

Our new digital HS-7956SHR steel gear, rudder servo is unlike anything you’ve seen on the market. Featuring an all-inclusive design with its own Secraft pull-pull system and wide mounting tabs measuring 1.73 x 1.54 inches (44 x 39mm), this tremendous servo eliminates the need for a separate rudder servo top case. The HS-7956SHR is equipped with a high performance coreless motor, ultra heavy-duty, ball bearing-supported metal arm and two adjustable ball link rods making it a monster performer for your 30 to 80cc giant scale aircraft. The oversized ball bearings provide strength and stability in order to eliminate any rocking motion of the output arm. For your convenience, we also developed a rudder tray conversion kit. Let this outstanding rudder servo get you flying in the right direction!

[HS-7956SHR]
Digital Rudder Servo
Stock# 37956
Estimated Street Price: $159.99

[HS-7954SH/HS-7955TH]
Rudder Tray Conversion Kit
Stock# 58499
Estimated Street Price: $79.99
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	rudder.jpg
Views:	11055
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	530218 155.2 KB · Views: 11055

Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
BRBR
A contributor of sorts

Too bad it only fits Hitec servos. Nice bit of kit though
BRBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
7oneWo1f
Uber Contributor

I am looking for servos for my first gas/large plane.

Thanks for posting this.

In the table, I don't understand why it has two weights listed (2.9 and 4.0 oz.).

Also, what does "MK First gear mean"?

What is the width of that servo arm?

This looks like a cool servo.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
bells33
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC
View Post
I am looking for servos for my first gas/large plane.

Thanks for posting this.

In the table, I don't understand why it has two weights listed (2.9 and 4.0 oz.).

Also, what does "MK First gear mean"?

What is the width of that servo arm?

This looks like a cool servo.
I was trying to figure out the weight thing as well. I can only assume one weight is the servo alone and the other is the servo with all the gear on it, but not sure.

If you look on Horizonhobby, it is not released yet. It just says metal gear on Horizon. Not sure about the MK. No indication of arm length.
bells33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 

Yea I posted all the info I have available.
This is more or less a "Check this out" post!
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
ghoffman
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

I saw it at the WRAM show (or was it Toledo?) and it looks great. However, the torque is too low for my needs, but when this comes out in a brushless, 500 oz-in version (like a BLS-157HV) then I would love to get one.
ghoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
3dAndrew
Livin it up like a kid!

Quote: Originally Posted by BRBR
View Post
Too bad it only fits Hitec servos. Nice bit of kit though
+1
3dAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
7oneWo1f
Uber Contributor

Last edited by 7oneWo1f; 12-13-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Must drink morning coffee
7oneWo1f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
ghoffman
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

OK, I see there is a conversion kit for 7955's, and I do have 4 of those that are going in my next 50cc plane.
ghoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
BRBR
A contributor of sorts

Quote: Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC
View Post
SleepyC, nothing against you...I now see this is some sort of canned press release, pseudo guerrilla marketing of vaporware. Frustrating. And I have a lot of hitec servos, and like most of them.

Nothing on the hitec website that I can see, incomplete information in the release, other than a photo to make you drool. I'm sure the marketers who come up with this stuff are earning their living, but I respond to such things differently...makes me not want to buy the servo, or other servos, in protest of the person who partially releases information without details an actual customer would want to know, and a reasonably close release date.

A simple video showing this servo connected to a current/volt/watt meter, showing centering, speed, and torque would make me more interested. As it is now, with no information on release date, MK Gears, and what not, I think it is designed to get me to delay my purchase in hopes having a shinny pretty thing in my plane. (It is cool looking, maybe I'll print it off and tape it somewhere in my plane).
Intense !!! Cant you just say to yourself. "thats interesting I'll keep an eye out for when its released thanks for the heads up"
BRBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
7oneWo1f
Uber Contributor

I probably should. I am actively trying to find servos right now and it's more like chaff. For others who like to know what's coming down the road, I can see that it would be interesting though.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase

Just think of these releases like the "Car and Driver" articles where they show you the new Porsche, but it's covered in wiggly stickers, and tarps to keep all the details quiet!
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Old 12-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
KoleDeRacer
Limitless Aero

They had them at Joe Nall this year we had one in a 50cc plane..
KoleDeRacer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC

Let me know when the 1200 in oz comes out. RutnBuc
Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #15
ericb
Team WTFO

Looks nice.
ericb is offline   Reply With Quote