Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 01-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4
Default The 2013 Flyinggiants.com Huckfest Title Sponsor is...

Guys, I am very excited and pleased to announce our 2013 Huckfest Tour title sponsor. Without the help of the title sponsor, the Huckfest tour would not be as awesome as it is. So without further ado, I'd like to officially say...

Flyinggiants.com and Aeroworks present the 2013 Huckfest Tour!

I am really excited to be working with Aeroworks this year. Rocco and Mark have already presented ideas to me that will make each tour stop and the entire tour even more exciting. As the applications come in this week and I put together the tour locations, rest assured that this year is going to be off the hook! I have even been contacted by a few people/clubs that I know will make this tour one to remember for a long time. I already know that a few of the best shows of 2012 are returning to take their tour stop to the next level. And I'm excited to have Aeroworks on board as they seem very interested in taking an active roll in making this year's tour awesome.

So please take a second and help me welcome Aeroworks on board for the 2013 Huckfest Tour!
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	Aeroworks LE.jpg
Views:	9479
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	533843 196.0 KB · Views: 9479

Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!

Last edited by FG MOD; 01-07-2013 at 10:43 AM.
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
yakwards
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

It would be awesome to have you guys stop at our field.We have a 400 by 40 foot blacktop runway with massive overun on each side,grass runway in front of the big runway.Beautiful field for sure.The downside is Im one of 2 people that fly 3D
How many people from out of town usually attend a huckfest?That would be the only way to make one happen at my field.
http://www.newportnewsrc.org/
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
astrohog

Quote: Originally Posted by yakwards
View Post
It would be awesome to have you guys stop at our field.We have a 400 by 40 foot blacktop runway with massive overun on each side,grass runway in front of the big runway.Beautiful field for sure.The downside is Im one of 2 people that fly 3D
How many people from out of town usually attend a huckfest?That would be the only way to make one happen at my field.
Here's a little HF info for ya:

FG doesn't "stop by" your field to put on a Huckfest. It would probably be a good idea for you to check out the application/requirements to host a Huckfest. Hosting a successful Huckfest is a HUGE job that takes at least a handful of experienced, dedicated folks to pull it off. A Huckfest is not your ordinary fly-in and it requires much more coordination and planning (Huckfest Junkies sure are a needy bunch! ). After all, how do you keep a bunch of Hucking, partying, 3D junkies with A.D.D. entertained and happy for FOUR DAYS???? Before you entertain hosting a HF, I would STRONGLY recommend that you attend one of the more successful ones first, just to see what it is all about. You won't be sorry you did, and it just may be a life-changing event!

Best Regards,

Astrohog
astrohog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
racinjasonr4
Super Contributor

Send a message via AIM to racinjasonr4

Wooohooo!!!! I am so ready!!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Jkoch713
Hermit

I am happy to see Aero-works sponsoring the events.
I bid you successful events, and large revenue returns to Aero-works for taking on a expensive
gesture...
Jkoch713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
ericb
Team WTFO

Awesome. Way to go Aeroworks.
ericb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4

Quote: Originally Posted by astrohog
View Post
Here's a little HF info for ya:

FG doesn't "stop by" your field to put on a Huckfest. It would probably be a good idea for you to check out the application/requirements to host a Huckfest. Hosting a successful Huckfest is a HUGE job that takes at least a handful of experienced, dedicated folks to pull it off. A Huckfest is not your ordinary fly-in and it requires much more coordination and planning (Huckfest Junkies sure are a needy bunch! ). After all, how do you keep a bunch of Hucking, partying, 3D junkies with A.D.D. entertained and happy for FOUR DAYS???? Before you entertain hosting a HF, I would STRONGLY recommend that you attend one of the more successful ones first, just to see what it is all about. You won't be sorry you did, and it just may be a life-changing event!

Best Regards,

Astrohog
Yep.. 100% agreed. it's a lot of work for the clubs hosting the events and the ones who were mega successful were the clubs who deserved to be! And this year we are being really picky with the clubs that will be hosting a show. This year is going to b STELLAR.
Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
Brutimus
on a vacation

Aeroworks had ALWAYS stepped up and supported our many, and varied giant scale gas flying events over the decades including the TAS, XFC, and many more! They have been the title Sponsor of the Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown since it's inception, and every IMAC event I have ever been to. I think it's awesome they are the new FG Huckfest title sponsor!

Viva Aeroworks! It's always good to see a local (for me) company going so far out of their way to be the #1 supporter of our hobby!
Brutimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Marmonstu
Gettin' Lower!

I plan to attend a couple HF this year and would like to thank AW for stepping up and making the commitment and investment. I have a couple AW planes and I think it will be great to see a professional well organized company involved. My experience with AW has always been great. I wouldn’t doubt it if we see some terrific giveaway’s by AW this year.

I hope Lodi does another HF this year. I really enjoyed last year but it was my first HF and nothing really stood out to me who the title sponsor was. If I was a sponsor I would want to take advantage of the events to promote my products. I would bet we will see more on location support from AW this year.

Thank you AW two
Marmonstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
Billy Hell
Admin

Thanks to Aero Works!

"I've always been crazy but it keeps me from going insane." - Waylon Jennings
RCGroups.com
FlyingGiants.com
CrackRoll.com
RCCars.com

Billy Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
Mark Dennis
Uber Contributor

Thank you for all of the kind words guys! The Flying Giants Huckfest series is something that we are very excited to be a part of! Sleepy and I have had a lot of good discussions about these events and have come up with some really cool things that we can not wait to share with all of you. The 2013 Flying Giants/Aeroworks Huckfest series promises to be one of the best ones yet!

Thank You,
Mark Dennis
Aeroworks
Old 01-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
Smacka

Good choice on the Title Sponsor...
Old 01-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: Thank you so much! Official FG Bad Ass!: Hand selected award for being a BAD-ASS member, and an awesome dude in general. - Issue reason: For helping put on the 2007 FlyingGiants Las Vegas Huckfest, and being an essential friend of The Giants! 
Total Awards: 2

Quote: Originally Posted by yakwards
View Post
I ran the Vegas Huckfest a few years back. Unless Newport News opens up overnight camping I would not reccommend having the Huckfest there. Pile on 60+ pilots on average all flying Giant Scale and our club just doesn't have the parking and pit space for all that right now.

There is also a $500 fee to host the Huckfest, though you should make most of that back with entry fee and food sales. My goal was a very minimal profit to the club with all other money going to prizes for the pilots so that they won as much as the entry fee.

I think our club at Newport News could do it, but it would take alot of work, promotion and experience to run the event. I just don't have the time right now to run one, let alone attend any (note: I missed Wetsnatchee twice so far ). Maybe in the next couple years we can work with the Park and the club to see the feasibility.

BTW: Congrats Aeroworks! Look forward to reading about what you have planned

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan
sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #14
Cryhavoc38
Go Hawks!

Awesome news to hear that AW is the Title Sponsor for the 2013 Huck season.
Very much looking forward to the Wenatchee Huck again!

And thank you to 3DHOBBYSHOP for your efforts and sponsorship for the past seasons

Last edited by Cryhavoc38; 01-07-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Cryhavoc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
Monster Energy
on a vacation

Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyC
View Post
And this year we are being really picky with the clubs that will be hosting a show. This year is going to b STELLAR.
How many shows will be on the tour this year?
Monster Energy is offline   Reply With Quote