Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Blogs > Brutimus's blog
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Brutimus
on a vacation

Default 2013 Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown rumor control

Many of you know that with Aeroworks stepping up and sponsoring the FG Huckfest tour, they are planning on hosting the "Main" FG Huckfest here in Colorado. I want it to be known that I am very happy, and proud that Aeroworks is finally going to get some of the recognition it so richly deserves headlining the Huckfest tour.

Many people have approached me, very excited that the Throwdown has somehow combined with the FG Huckfest tour, and has garnered the attention and recognition that it rightfully deserves, and will be the biggest one ever. Sadly, this is not true. While Aeroworks has always been the Title sponsor of the Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown, the FG Huckfest is an entirely separate chain of events, and is in NO way related to, or supporting of the grass roots Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown.

I am hoping to move the 2013 RM3DT to the Longmont or LAMA club field sometime in June, pending approval from their board.

Please remember the Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown while planning this years event schedule, and remember who's been representing in Colorado!

Oh- and I will be at the Huckfest as a pilot only! I'm actually looking forward to being able to just show up and fly at a 3D event! Plus, they are probably having it 20 minutes from my house- Can you say party?
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	3D-Throwdown.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	534503 93.6 KB · Views: 156

Name:	343.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	534504 54.4 KB · Views: 319

Last edited by Brutimus; 01-11-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Brutimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
RVBlack
Doo It! Doo It!

Bam ! What happened to the last full weekend in July ? Let me know asap when.

Last edited by RVBlack; 01-11-2013 at 06:54 PM.
RVBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
Brutimus
on a vacation

It's looking like the Huckfest will be held around the middle of August, so if we to the Throwdown in June there will be a couple months of separation. I would love it if you could come out and support both events!

Plus, my birthday is June 15, so it would be a good excuse for me to take a week off for the event (which is usually what it takes for me to get everything together).
Old 01-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
AeroSheldon
3D Legion

Good deal, the more the merrier as far as close to home 3D events go. Sorry that FG hasn't stepped up to advertise but the forums get the word out.

See you there.

Futaba 18MZ, JR 11X
AeroSheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
Brutimus
on a vacation

I feel the same way. Colorado has a fantastic amount of talented pilots- but getting everyone out of their house and to the same event on the same weekend is the hard part! I think the Huckfest will be able to do that a lot better then I can.

I can tell you guys that have not been to a Huckfest- it's pretty much the same as the Throwdown, except there is more sponsor *bling* like stickers, shirts, hats, banners, sponsors, event coverage, etc...

Last edited by Brutimus; 01-11-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: video
Old 01-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
outofdenver
Gettin' Lower!

Would be nice to have the throw down at LAMA have you talked to board about it yet? Need any help let me know, would love for the throw down to be 10 minutes from home.

www.milehighrc.com
outofdenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #7
Brutimus
on a vacation

Good news- The LAMA club has agreed to host the 2013 Throwdown! I'm stoked we can have it there.

They have a very robust charging station; huge runway; great guys; lots of parking; overnight camping is encouraged; the night flying is good- we can even fly gassers! We can have beer after we put our big toys away, and the field is planted so we should have nice soft wheat to get our tails stuck in. They are happy to host the event, and I'm glad we can have it to ourselves for a whole weekend!

Dude's- the very best part. I just discovered, just now, that we will be having the event on June 15th. My BIRTHDAY! OMG... Don't get me anything- really. Maybe just a cake. And a couple shots. Ok, maybe, if anyone has one laying around, and you're not using it how about one of those Great planes 30cc Waco YMF-5 Arf's... That would be awesome!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Yellow Extra 015.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	535851 71.5 KB · Views: 63

Name:	Yellow Extra 016.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	535852 39.5 KB · Views: 61

Last edited by Brutimus; 01-18-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #8
RC4x4
Super Contributor

That is awesome that it will be at Lama. I'm sure we will have a great time once again!

Cory
RC4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
tacdriver
Gettin' Lower!

That is one pretty awesome video - I love the soundtrack!
tacdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
crazychris
Uber Contributor

Heck ya LAMA is gonna be a great place, cant wait !! Great job !!
crazychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
crazychris
Uber Contributor

Im hopeing since "Aeroworks" is doing the sponser, they will provide some type of "DEMO flights" on their planes
for the 3D guys in denver, Great company & products !! And bring some of those chicks they have in their ad's, smoking hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crazychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 AM   #12
Brutimus
on a vacation

I'm excited. I picked up a $250 airframe today from a club member that wanted to sponsor the event with a NIB ARF. Already we're getting sponsors! Nice!