Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
SleepyC

Default New Release: TAS Foamies EPP 31" Extra 300

If there is one thing we love to see here at the Giants it is a small company do well. And that is what we are seeing with TAS Foamies. What makes this story even better is that the owner and designer of TAS Foamies is 18 year old Tomas A. Simatovic. Tomas started the company well over a year ago when I believe he was just 16 years old. Over that time, I have watched Tomas post new releases and be very professional in the manner he promoted his company. And during this time I have seen customers become fans of TAS Foamies. From the well designed and packaged product to the product support Tomas offers. This "little company" is starting to make it's mark!

So first off, congrats Tomas! Keep up the good work, we here at FG can't wait to see where this company will go!

Secondly TAS Foamies has just released it's first EPP plane. For dumb thumbed guys like me an EPP is the perfect foam 3D plane. Dork it? No worries. Simply pick it up and toss it back into the air. For me it's the way to go!

Thomas recently posted:
Well everyone, you asked for it, here it is! The first of the series is this little gem, the 31" Extra 300! Personally, we werent really big on epp, so we all agreed that if we designed some epp kits, they would be different from any other. To accomplish this, your kit will come with a bit of extra carbon, and Pre-inserted carbon in the bottom fuse keel and surfaces. Your wing spar is the only one not done for you. The fuse spars running on the horizontal fuse takes away 35% of yaw flex. There is also a carbon insert at the landing gear joint location. Here are some pics of the planes we are building for the AMA expo! Our current models are built with 1.3lb density EPP and will soon have an option for 1.9lb for a different flying style. We plan on having a Yak 54, Extra 260 and an edge in this series in the near future!

Specs:
31" wingspan
32" length
6oz AUW (325mah 2s lipo)

Equipment:
9g servo on ailerons,
5g servo on tail surfaces
17-20g 1700-2000kv motor with an 8043gws prop
250-400mah 2s pack OR 250-325mah 3s pack for pylon racing
8-12Aesc

Very nice work Tomas and TAS Foamies! FG wishes you all the best!

For mor information to to get your own TAS Foamie check out: http://tasfoamies.webs.com
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	TAS 300.jpg
Views:	6149
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	534633 136.1 KB · Views: 6149

SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Brutimus
on a vacation

Nice work young man! How much extra for pre-painted foam? I like the green one...
Brutimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Bigugly
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

The green is sick and I love EPP.
Bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Smacka

The purple in the photo is sic!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Nicoflyer

Nice job!! I like the simple paint design that gives great effects.
Looking forward to setup details and a video. Hacker A10-9L on a 300 - 460 2s?

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.
Nicoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Smacka

Quote: Originally Posted by Nicoflyer
View Post
Nice job!! I like the simple paint design that gives great effects.
Looking forward to setup details and a video. Hacker A10-9L on a 300 - 460 2s?
Couldn't agree more. Setup vids and suggested equipment would be awesome. I would also love a link that explains about prop size versus motor watts, the why-to-art-thou for's, so to speak. lastly, I would like to learn the how's and why's of picking what size watt motor for what size bird, etc...

All good stuff...
Old 01-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
Nicoflyer

Quote: Originally Posted by Smacka
View Post
Couldn't agree more. Setup vids and suggested equipment would be awesome. I would also love a link that explains about prop size versus motor watts, the why-to-art-thou for's, so to speak. lastly, I would like to learn the how's and why's of picking what size watt motor for what size bird, etc...

All good stuff...
There are a lot of places that explain watts needed for different types of flying. I go buy the rule of 150 watts per lbs and up for unlimited 3d flying. So... I'm guessing here that this foamie should come in at 6 to 7 ozs auw. Hacker A10-9L is good for 75 watts, so at 6 oz auw it is equal to 225 watts per lbs.Fun,fun,fun!!

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.
Nicoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals

Wow! What a write up! Im running the hacker a109l on 65c tp 325mah 2s packs. I still like depron but i wanted to make something new that has never been done. They have inserts going all the way through the bottom of the fuse keel and the ailerons and rudder. White kits with pre inserted carbon trussing are $65 shipped. Seldom painted kits on the website will be in the neighborhood of $100shipped. Call or email for any questions!
Energie

T_Simatovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
pawnshopmike
Uber Contributor

I'll take one

Paypal sent
pawnshopmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #10
BRBR
A contributor of sorts

whilst i'm not much on foam models i would like to say congrats to you Tomas for what youve achieved. your a credit to your parents and an inspiration to us all. well done young lad. i mean it
BRBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #11
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals

Thank you all so much for all your kind words everyone! We are taking pre orders, pm me if you are interested! Planned release date is late february!
Energie

Old 01-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #12
rick dazzler
Out somewhere Huckin a Sbach

Congrats Tomas!! great work.. EPP is the way to go!

Giant Scale Products With Quality Support and Straight Talk
www.taildraggerrc.com

Bg extreme 3d fly in July! http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=87648
rick dazzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #13
mtndewdewd
IMAC Wannabe

Keep it up Tomas!!
mtndewdewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #14
danielph
Fly Extreme!

Looks awesome Thomas! Keep up the good work and congratulations on the success of your company!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #15
T_Simatovic
Poor Gimbals

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone! Im so blessed to be doing this. I plan on making some crazy and wild stuff to be sold. For example a twin bomber big enough to cary a micro t rc car! I cant thank you enough sleepy!
Energie