Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Blogs > Porky's blog
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 01-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Porky
Flyin' Around

Default The Bolly Book

Keeping thier customers better informed on the products they manufacture, and to provide the theory behind the product. As with any publication of this type, not everyone will agree with everything they do or say, but then thatís life.

http://www.bolly.com.au/book/Book.ph...er=1&Section=1

Speaking from experience these are Superb Props and Bolly is a name thats been around for many many years

Bolly web address http://www.bolly.com.au/main.html
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
bobzilla
EVFlyersBoss

I had bolly props on my 50cc yaks when I started the hobby years ago. The props were outstanding, great price and always hard to find (due to high demand).

bobzilla -evflyers - president
http:www.evflyers.com
I'm a Spektrum fanboy who blatantly lies to promote my crap!!
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
theKM
needs more yaw authority

Les "Bolly" Bollenhagen is a legend... amazing amounts of knowledge, and the book he compiled has some worthy info. I was the guy that put it on the web for him, built and ran his website for many years, did a whole bunch for him.

Ultimately and unfortunately, the story of the company is an absurdly sad one, and I can only hope that the people currently running anything under the "Bolly" brand have a long and slow painful burn in hell for their actions (read: Les was screwed over, left in debt and bankrupted).

...but the info that Les put into the book is certainly worth a read. I particularly like the part of props and the effect that cowlings and spinners have on performance as well as the number of blades.
theKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
theKM
needs more yaw authority

...as for product, please buy any other prop but a Bolly prop. There is no good moral or ethical reason to support the people who stole the company brand and personal effort from Les. If someone wants to hear a whole long rant of profanity, send me a PM and ask for my opinion of the current owners
Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
bobzilla
EVFlyersBoss

Quote:
I can only hope that the people currently running anything under the "Bolly" brand have a long and slow painful burn in hell for their actions
haha...Sorry theKM..I won't be burning in hell..but for those that seem spiteful and revengeful, I believe will be afforded that opportunity!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #6
bobzilla
EVFlyersBoss

haha...I only said I like Bolly props and price and then I get the "burn in hell" and then THIS PM FROM YOU:

I see that you're in Nevada... which isn't my understanding of where the people are that screwed Les over.

Can you give me a brief spiel as to how you came into the Bolly retail chain?... I know that there were some dealings with the remaining stock of wood props a few years back, is your participation part of that?...

genuinely curious. My guess would be that I don't think you're part of what was perpetrated against Les, but if you are by some chance, then I'll be rather vocal every chance I get... but, hopefully you're actually the last legitimate source of Bolly goodness in which you'll gain an equally vocal ally

Cheers,
Arron.

DUDE..you need to get a life!

Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #7
Porky
Flyin' Around

Bob, I could not put it better myself. Its unreal how someone who is a member here can be so negative about our hobby and products on the market even he had an association with les.
Its our choice and not for him to air his laundry here.
The KM please keep your opinions off any thread i post in future as negativity towards products i post have nothing to do with you or your sick attitude.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 AM   #8
bobzilla
EVFlyersBoss

Yeah..it was a shocker to me also! I just ordered a replacement prop for my 33% yak..guess which brand I ordered! haha

Old 02-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
theKM
needs more yaw authority

Quote: Originally Posted by bobzilla
View Post
haha...I only said I like Bolly props and price and then I get the "burn in hell" and then THIS PM FROM YOU:
well, this is a misunderstanding. When I said "anyone running anything under the Bolly brand" I actually meant the people running the business, not people flying their planes with Bolly props... to the contrary, the Bolly prop is a quality piece of equipment.

As I actually tried to explain, the business was literally stolen from the guy that built it, he was a good friend. Now, I may indeed need to "get a life", but I stick up for my friends... and Les was wronged in the worst kind of way. I just can't sit idle when someone has left a friend without their business and in total financial ruin...

Again, use Bolly props, they're great products designed by a legend. My "burn in hell" was for the people who stole Bolly's business, which is what my PM was trying to figure out.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
theKM
needs more yaw authority

Quote: Originally Posted by Porky
View Post
Bob, I could not put it better myself. Its unreal how someone who is a member here can be so negative about our hobby and products on the market even he had an association with les.
Its our choice and not for him to air his laundry here.
The KM please keep your opinions off any thread i post in future as negativity towards products i post have nothing to do with you or your sick attitude.
my intent was misunderstood, but whatever.

again, only people I feel ill-will towards are those people that stole his business... nobody else, certainly not the customer supporting the product.

Last edited by theKM; 02-06-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #11
Porky
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by theKM
View Post
my intent was misunderstood, but whatever.

again, only people I feel ill-will towards are those people that stole his business... nobody else, certainly not the customer supporting the product.

Then voice your opinion to them.

Theyre a great product and one i use all the time and frankly i do not care who sells them or owns the company, or how they obtained it. Ill support them all the way, like many others in producing a great product.