logo
This thread is privately moderated by Alexg, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Jan 2013
37 Posts
Discussion
Homemade Fueling System

Hello,
Following advise on this forum, me and my 11 year old son built a homemade fueling station. We used a 1 Gal/4 ltrs gas container from auto zone $9 dollars, project box from steren $9, a 3 position 2 pole switch $2, a 1 position 2 pole switch $1.50, old abandoned TME smoke pump found in a drawer $ unknown value, motorcycle filter $1,50, sheet metal custom cut $25 (i think this was a ripoff) and a 6 volt nmh (abandoned too).
We tested it and it works just fine.
Alexg is offline Find More Posts by Alexg
Old 01-29-2013, 06:46 PM
STONY POINT N.Y USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexg View Post
Hello,
Following advise on this forum, me and my 11 year old son built a homemade fueling station. We used a 1 Gal/4 ltrs gas container from auto zone $9 dollars, project box from steren $9, a 3 position 2 pole switch $2, a 1 position 2 pole switch $1.50, old abandoned TME smoke pump found in a drawer $ unknown value, motorcycle filter $1,50, sheet metal custom cut $25 (i think this was a ripoff) and a 6 volt nmh (abandoned too).
We tested it and it works just fine.

MAN THATS WAY UNDER THE 199.00 TAG MOST FUELERS COST NICE WORK
SUPERFLYJAY is offline Find More Posts by SUPERFLYJAY
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Team Epoxy
Madison IL.
Joined Sep 2006
588 Posts

Real nice Job for a low cost electric fueler. Good Job.
RICH M is offline Find More Posts by RICH M
Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Clothed Account
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2008
2,112 Posts

Nice idea
How do you feel about the safety of having the pump inside the box with the unsealed switches, wiring and unclamped lines also in there?

When there is a fuel leak, If the switches produce a spark (many do) you may hear some noise or feel a burning sensation as the box catches.

Keep a VERY close eye on it for leaks or any sings of fuel vapors - or better still, mount the pump on the outside of the box and seal the holes where the wiring exits the box to the pump.

Just my $0.02
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Old 02-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Jan 2013
37 Posts

Aussiesteve,

Actually i was concerned about the safety of this fueler can. So i did attach the pump outside of the box.

Thanks
Alexg is offline Find More Posts by Alexg
Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Clothed Account
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2008
2,112 Posts

Very glad to hear it Alex
i have seen some really bad things happen when combustible vapor and sparks get to know each other.

Oh - Nice fueller BTW
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve