Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 02-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4
Default F3A Team USA Needs Your Support!

Hey guys, I just got off the blower with Kevin Young, Team USA's assistant team manager. We were discussing the 2013 F3A World Championships. This year, the contest is going to take place in South Africa. South Africa, my friends, is no bus trip away! So Kevin was telling me all about the fundraising ideas the team has going on and how the team is stressing about the enormous costs of the trip.

The 2013 USA F3A Team consists of:
Team Manager: Mark Atwood
Assistant Team Manager: Kevin Young
Team Captain: Andrew Jesky
Andrew's Caller: Verne Koester
Team Member: Jason Shulman
Jason's Caller: Dave Stodart
Team Member: Brett Wickizer
Brett's Caller: Bryan Hebert
Junior Team Member: Joseph Szczur
Joseph's Caller: Don Szczur

That's a lot of people to transport half way around the world! Kevin went on to discuss some other ways they could raise money and this is where I stopped him and let him know that I think many of the members of Flyinggiants.com would step up and offer a financial hand in making sure Team USA is at the 2013 World Championships in South Africa and ready to kick all kinds of "R.O.T.W." butt!

So guys, if you have an extra shekel or two and you are feeling patriotic, please Paypal the funds to F3A Team USA! The Paypal account is set up and the email address is: F3ATeamFund@NSRCA.org.

You can also find out more information about F3A Team USA at http://www.teamusaf3a.com/
Check that site often as they are working on a raffle and will have T-shirts for sale very soon as well!

Finally, pop on over to Jtecrc.com and pick up stick airplanes and decals! All the profits go to supporting Team USA!

Let's hear it guys!! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	f3aLE.jpg
Views:	8232
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	538343 151.1 KB · Views: 8232

Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!

Last edited by SleepyC; 02-01-2013 at 03:42 PM.
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
skaluf
Uber Contributor

Default 2013 USA F3A Team

Here is a picture of the current F3A team.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	f3a.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	538330 46.6 KB · Views: 514

skaluf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4

perfect!
Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Kevin Y
JTEC RADIOWAVE

Awards Showcase
FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. The GPTPDSST Award: The Gay Pride Triple Platinum Diamond Studded Steaming Faberge Turd Award. - Issue reason: GPTPDSST Award recieved photochopping the site admin. 
Total Awards: 2
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Y

I just want to thank Sleepy and all of FG for there support!!!
Kevin Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
jtec/radiowave
Al

Hey guys,

We get asked for donations all the time and we do what we can to support clubs and events when possible. We were the first company to sponsor the Flying Giants Huckfest series. We have and are continuing to donate laser, machine time and material plus man hours to support the USA team. These are all great guys, everyone of them would help all of you out in a minute if you needed it. They are all very approachable and they love to fly and share there hobby with others.

This guys and young man of 10 or 11 years of age are great guys to represent the USA world team.

We can't do it alone, we need your help to send the team to South Africa next August. Please make a donation for whatever amount you can.

Thanks.

Al Young

JTEC/RADIOWAVE
Airplanes, Mufflers, & Accessories
www.jtecrc.com
www.desertaircraft.com
TEAM FUTABA

Last edited by jtec/radiowave; 02-05-2013 at 08:21 AM.
jtec/radiowave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
proquad32
Gettin' Lower!

Default usa

Helping out our USA team, and a stick plane...Im in
proquad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
mtndewdewd
IMAC Wannabe

How much is a Sheckle?
mtndewdewd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #8
pcastine
Approaching critical AoA...

A shekel is the basic unit of currency in Israel (like the dollar in the USA). Using today's conversion rates, one shekel is about 27 US cents.

Pete
Old 02-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #9
rodman
Doo It! Doo It!

Ok you've got 10 A type guys in a competitive sport traveling half way around the world
to compete in a foreign country.
Sounds like you've got at least one good episode of reality TV there.
Might not be Idiot abroad, but you've got something there you might be able to sell.
Just a thought Good luck Team USA!

http://youtube.com/futaba51

rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
FugginLunatic
on a vacation

Wow! Glad to see Don's son, Joseph made the team! Congrats! I still remember seeing him just playing on the sim at the hobby shop!!!
FugginLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #11
ae4nr
Doo It! Doo It!

Awards Showcase
F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER!: F3A TEAM USA SUPPORTER! - Issue reason: You are BAD ASS, Thank you for supporting the 2009 F3A TEAM USA! 
Total Awards: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to ae4nr

count me in ordered stick plane and decal

Last edited by ae4nr; 02-02-2013 at 12:54 PM.
ae4nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #12
FlyinTiger
Super Contributor

Default I'm in!

Bring a few of those stick planes to the NC Judging School...I'll be you'll get a donation or three there...btw, hit up Jeanette when you get there, she'd like to donate $10 for each of us ($20).

GO TEAM USA!

Al.

Albert Hibpshman

<>< FCM
FlyinTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #13
Kevin Y
JTEC RADIOWAVE

Awards Showcase
FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. The GPTPDSST Award: The Gay Pride Triple Platinum Diamond Studded Steaming Faberge Turd Award. - Issue reason: GPTPDSST Award recieved photochopping the site admin. 
Total Awards: 2
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Y

Quote: Originally Posted by FugginLunatic
View Post
Wow! Glad to see Don's son, Joseph made the team! Congrats! I still remember seeing him just playing on the sim at the hobby shop!!!
The cool thing is Joseph will be the first U.S. Junior pilot that the U.S. has sent to a World Championships and with the way he was flying at the nats we are giong to be in great shape!
Kevin Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
Jkoch713
Hermit

Quote: Originally Posted by Kevin Y
View Post
The cool thing is Joseph will be the first U.S. Junior pilot that the U.S. has sent to a World Championships and with the way he was flying at the nats we are giong to be in great shape!
Do they have a Junior section of the competition that he will be competing in, or is a Junior flying in the Regular program that the others are flying in?
I have yet to go to one of these events, so I have little knowledge on the subject.
Jkoch713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #15
rcpattern
Forgot what cold weather is...

Send a message via Yahoo to rcpattern

There is a separate event for juniors, but he is also part of the regular world champs. Meaning, he could win the junior world championships, and the regular world championships at the same time. The Junior is a separate category within the normal world championships.

Arch