logo
Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 PM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,076 Posts
Discussion
2013 Top Gun - Friday

Today the clouds parted and the sun shown bright for the first time all week and it was awesome. The amazingly detailed airplanes looked even more scale in the bright sunlight as all the added details really stood out! Each day this week I have been blown away by the quality of the airplanes here at this show. Honestly after years of covering RC events this is the first time in my life where at times I have completely forgot I was at an RC show. These planes are that good.

Today after an additional round of flying, the Pro-Am finished their competition flying. Afterwards some of the big guns for Saturday and Sunday started to test fly their competition planes. Holy cow there are some insanely realistic airplanes coming out tomorrow and Sunday! I can not wait to see them!

Besides the Pro-Am flying, static judging took place today as well and it looked very intense. I watched a few planes get judged and the process was very precise. The judges surrounded the airplanes, eyeballing the 3-view documentation and comparing it to the model. Scrutinizing every detail. They checked the historical documentation, checking markings, paint codes, weathering, and anything else the full scale has and comparing the model to it all. It was INTENSE! Watching the static I found myself getting nervous for the owners!! IT IS AWESOME!

Since the weather was so nice I focused on shooting pictures and video instead of pursuing individual airplane articles. But this paid off with over a thousand new pictures uploaded to the Top Gun Thread!
The video will be compiled and uploaded over the weekend, but I can tell you now, there is some good video!

OK..

For todays pictures check the following links:

2013 Top Gun Friday Prop Pictures HERE

2013 Top Gun Friday Jet Pictures HERE

2013 Top Gun Friday Scores HERE

I can not wait to check out all the big dogs tomorrow!
Stay tuned for more Flyinggiants.com 2013 Top Gun pic and eventually video coverage!
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Last edited by SleepyC; 05-03-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Shut up....AND THROW DOWN!
the STICKS and yes, california has sticks, CA.
Joined May 2009
1,652 Posts

Good job man!!! Keep up the good work!!!
jm_mac is offline Find More Posts by jm_mac
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM
SMOKING!
Okeechobee, Florida
Joined Oct 2008
1,843 Posts

Great talking to you today Steve. Boy, was there lots of action on the flight line with 2 jets and 2 prop planes meeting their demise. Not good at all, but kept one looking over his or her shoulder. lol

Name: Top Gun 2013 006.jpg
Views: 97
Size: 67.8 KB
Description:
juicesqueezer is offline Find More Posts by juicesqueezer
Old 05-04-2013, 06:51 PM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,076 Posts

Juice, It was a pleasure! Glad you stopped by!
Oh and thanks for the "Hey Sleepy LOOK HERE" shot... for future reference, you don't have to trick me, just wait a little bit and I'll look dumb all by myself!
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC