Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 05-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4
Default 2013 Top Gun - Friday

Today the clouds parted and the sun shown bright for the first time all week and it was awesome. The amazingly detailed airplanes looked even more scale in the bright sunlight as all the added details really stood out! Each day this week I have been blown away by the quality of the airplanes here at this show. Honestly after years of covering RC events this is the first time in my life where at times I have completely forgot I was at an RC show. These planes are that good.

Today after an additional round of flying, the Pro-Am finished their competition flying. Afterwards some of the big guns for Saturday and Sunday started to test fly their competition planes. Holy cow there are some insanely realistic airplanes coming out tomorrow and Sunday! I can not wait to see them!

Besides the Pro-Am flying, static judging took place today as well and it looked very intense. I watched a few planes get judged and the process was very precise. The judges surrounded the airplanes, eyeballing the 3-view documentation and comparing it to the model. Scrutinizing every detail. They checked the historical documentation, checking markings, paint codes, weathering, and anything else the full scale has and comparing the model to it all. It was INTENSE! Watching the static I found myself getting nervous for the owners!! IT IS AWESOME!

Since the weather was so nice I focused on shooting pictures and video instead of pursuing individual airplane articles. But this paid off with over a thousand new pictures uploaded to the Top Gun Thread!
The video will be compiled and uploaded over the weekend, but I can tell you now, there is some good video!

OK..

For todays pictures check the following links:

2013 Top Gun Friday Prop Pictures HERE

2013 Top Gun Friday Jet Pictures HERE

2013 Top Gun Friday Scores HERE

I can not wait to check out all the big dogs tomorrow!
Stay tuned for more Flyinggiants.com 2013 Top Gun pic and eventually video coverage!
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	friday TG.jpg
Views:	3143
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	557923 214.4 KB · Views: 3143

Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!

Last edited by SleepyC; 05-03-2013 at 06:53 PM.
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
jm_mac
Shut up....AND THROW DOWN!

Good job man!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
juicesqueezer
SMOKING!

Great talking to you today Steve. Boy, was there lots of action on the flight line with 2 jets and 2 prop planes meeting their demise. Not good at all, but kept one looking over his or her shoulder. lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	Top Gun 2013 006.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	558751
juicesqueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4

Juice, It was a pleasure! Glad you stopped by!
Oh and thanks for the "Hey Sleepy LOOK HERE" shot... for future reference, you don't have to trick me, just wait a little bit and I'll look dumb all by myself!
Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote