logo
Old 05-06-2013, 06:21 AM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,076 Posts
Discussion
Announcement From Triple Tree Aerodrome! Please Read!

Guys.. this just in!

Attention:

Please note that we are having very unusual weather patterns in Woodruff, South Carolina. This has translated into much needed rain, but very swollen rivers (Enoree River), and soggy conditions at Triple Tree Aerodrome. As you all know our first priority is to keep everyone's personal safety while here on the grounds, the safety of your equipment, and the preservation of the property. For this reason, we must inform everyone, that “NO ONE” will be allowed on the Triple Tree Aerodrome site until we can safely determine the best time for your arrival. This time will be determined as the week progresses and we have the chance to survey the property for any conditions that could require attention and/or change in the areas that you will be allowed to have access to until things dry up. We here also understand that people will be traveling to the Joe Nall event this week from all corners of the world and do not want scare off those planning on attending. The current outlook on the weather is for continued rain for the next few days and then clearing up allowing the water time to recede back within its banks. We STONGLY recommend everyone to check our web page daily for continued updates and for full instructions on when we will open the property to those planning on attending this great event. We also want to stress that this is not a cancellation. We are sending this out in hopes that you’re Joe Nall Week will be the best ever. Want also to ensure that everyone is informed of the situation at hand and is up to date on the current plans we have for opening the gates. We look forward to seeing you all here next week and with luck this rain will move out leaving us with blue skies over Triple Tree Aerodrome.

WWW.TRIPLETREEAERODROME.COM

Thank you for your support and participation in Triple Tree Aerodrome. Please do not call us, unless you have an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Triple Tree Staff
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Last edited by SleepyC; 05-06-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Super Contributor
WELLINGTON,FLORIDA USA
Joined Mar 2006
439 Posts

Uh oh.
JIMZACH is offline Find More Posts by JIMZACH
Old 05-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Boomer NC Wilkes county
Joined Nov 2008
242 Posts

yep Uh oh it has been really wet in this area for the last little bit
ae4nr is offline Find More Posts by ae4nr
Old 05-06-2013, 06:52 AM
United States, AR, Sheridan
Joined Oct 2009
2,514 Posts

read this note sunday creek by 3-d line is out of banks,hope weather clears soon
frank99 is online now Find More Posts by frank99
Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 AM
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,076 Posts

I think we will be find for the event. I just think this is more of a heads up to vendors and people who get there REALLY early. If you have been to TT before it can dump buckets and be dry in 2 hours, so if it dumped rivers, give it a few days and it will be fine. I think by Sat or Sunday it will be a full on GO.
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Aug 2010
307 Posts

Yea that river has pretty high banks. And anyone that has been there before knows that place is a mess when lots of water and 2k+ people are added.
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old 05-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts

i vote instead of a flying giants/ PAU lottery plane we should change it to a mud wrestling competition... we have good week of training left
kevinjulieevan is online now Find More Posts by kevinjulieevan
Old 05-06-2013, 08:20 AM
3DHS Trunk-Monkey
Arkansas
Joined May 2006
4,300 Posts

Watching 1000 guys roll around in a mud wrestling pit is not my cup of tea.
Josh Price is offline Find More Posts by Josh Price
Old 05-06-2013, 08:42 AM
The cheesiest
North Royalton, OH
Joined Sep 2009
70 Posts

Weather.com is going to go "why the hell are people all over the country/world checking Woddruff, SC every 5 minutes this week?"
I Love Nachos is offline Find More Posts by I Love Nachos
Old 05-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Triple Tree Aviator
United States, SC, Williamston
Joined Mar 2012
183 Posts

Just over 3 inches of rain Sunday alone, so that lets you know we are blessed with not running the irrigation but swimming to the 3D line.
WesSC is offline Find More Posts by WesSC
Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Super Genius
Colonial Heights, VA
Joined Sep 2008
1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Nachos View Post
Weather.com is going to go "why the hell are people all over the country/world checking Woddruff, SC every 5 minutes this week?"
wecoyote is offline Find More Posts by wecoyote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Flying the Box at 160 mph
Colfax, NC USA
Joined Apr 2006
3,165 Posts

Yup.. .I'm about 2.5 hours north in NC and it's raining buckets until tomorrow night. Next week is showing really nice weather... so it should dry out.
MattyMatt is offline Find More Posts by MattyMatt
Old 05-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Multi Platform Pilot
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Dec 2007
6,473 Posts

Sun finally came out here, hopefully it moves north.
BarracudaHockey is online now Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 05-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Fatback 316
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Apr 2012
166 Posts

I'm glad I am not but 30 minutes away!
Can hardly wait to get there!
Keener is offline Find More Posts by Keener
Old 05-06-2013, 11:52 AM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Dec 2011
3,267 Posts

In charleston, about 175 miles south, we have literally had 9 days of straight rain. Today is the first day that the sun is out in a while. Sadly, it is expected to get rainy again this week.
Hopefully it will dry up and clear out in time for nall.
This is very unusual weather for the area, though. I cannot remember such a consistently rainy period this late in the year in the 17 years I've been here lol
Huckin Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck