Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Technology > What's Hot
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 07-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4
Default Heli-Max 1SQ V-CAM - What do you do when your kids are at swim practice!

Hey guys I recently picked up the Heli-Max V-Cam through Hobbico. And as a multirotor enthusiast I can tell you this puppy rocks! For $129 this little quad copter comes with a camera that shoots video and stills and has a purpose built transmitter.

It took 10 minutes to charge the battery and I was flying! The included transmitter has several buttons that allow you to start and stop the video, and snap pictures. It's really a well rounded little quad!

Today the wind was up around 10 mph so video was pretty ruff (no gimbal) but the stills turned out great! The 1SQ V-CAM has a newflight control the "TAGs-FX" that has both 3 gyros and 3 accelerometers. This helps make this lil guy very stable. But if you want to have some fun, you can detach the camera, and turn down the expo for some straight up aerobatic fun. The TX even has a "flip" switch that will excute a perfect flip on command. (Just make sure you have some altitude!)

Today my kids had swim practice and I took the 1SQ-VCAM along to keep myself occupied. And the only problem I had was not having 20 batteries with me. i had this little guy up around 150+ feet, to the point it was just a dot, and it performed flawlessly. On one flight the wind kicked up threw the little guy around and kind of freaked me out so I chopped the throttle a bit and the 1SQ descended rapidly. I spooled up the motors but it was too late, the rig was flipped over and heading for the ground. It hit the grass from about 30 feet, and to my surprise was 100% fine. The props still spun true, and a gentle toss had me flying again.

This little guy is the perfect quad for airplane guys to get some fun aerial shots of their buddies hucking. Rest assured the 1SQ-Vcam will go everywhere with me!

I'm going to sneak back out later and get some video if the wind dies down. The quality is actually pretty nice for the size of the rig!

For more information check out the Heli-Max Website

Or to snag one of these guys check out Tower Hobbies!
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	Beach 1.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	586047 56.7 KB · Views: 274

Name:	Beach 6.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	586048 90.5 KB · Views: 230

Name:	Beach 7.jpg
Views:	2665
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	586049 68.3 KB · Views: 2665

Name:	Beach 8.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	586050 60.4 KB · Views: 219

Name:	Beach 9.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	586051 114.3 KB · Views: 291

Name:	Beach3.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	586052 56.0 KB · Views: 214

Name:	Lake 1.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	586053 69.9 KB · Views: 232

Name:	beach 4.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	586054 103.1 KB · Views: 217

Name:	beach 5.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	586055 97.7 KB · Views: 205

Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - Futaba’s 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
Crash & Burn
Flyin' Around

Looks like you are having a pretty good time. That water looks inviting on these stupid-hot summer days!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 

Few more from lil guy. 15mph wind was a bit much this time!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PICT0001.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	586056 50.5 KB · Views: 121

Name:	PICT0002.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	586057 72.6 KB · Views: 178

Name:	PICT0003.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	586058 55.5 KB · Views: 129

Name:	PICT0004.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	586059 82.4 KB · Views: 152

Name:	PICT0005.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	586060 31.4 KB · Views: 114

Name:	PICT0006.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	586061 74.4 KB · Views: 130

Name:	PICT0011.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	586062 44.1 KB · Views: 156

Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Steve Kalaf - Futaba

Old 07-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Mithrandir
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Ugh!! Another Drone Pilot!!

I want one!!
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
AeroSheldon
3D Legion

Would this be OK for someone with zero rotor experience?

Futaba 18MZ, JR 11X
AeroSheldon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
chumley
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by AeroSheldon
View Post
It's perfect for someone with zero rotor experience. I have the standard camera-less 1SQ and I got it TX-R so I can use it with a better computer radio. So, I'm not certain about the ready-to-fly or camera version, but the 1SQ has an adjustable gain. At low gain, the 1SQ is stupid stable. At high gain, it gets pretty quick to do fast forward flight and flips. If you have no rotor experience, start off with low gain and work your way up as you get better with it. These are fairly tough so are excellent to learn rotor wing skilz - IMHO. Plus, by being able to adjust the gain, you are less likely to get bored with it as your skills get better.
chumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase

Quote: Originally Posted by AeroSheldon
View Post
Perfect for zero experience.

It's super stable, and when your learning, just keep it over grass, and if you get in trouble, pull throttle, it's weighs almost nothing so it will just bounce into the grass, and will be 100% unharmed. I plopped mine in from 30+ feet into 4" grass.. no issues.
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Steve Kalaf - Futaba

Old 07-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
ericb
Team WTFO

Can you post some vids sometime? I am interested in the video quality.
ericb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #9
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase

Video looks just as good as the stills, but if there is wind the lil guy gets bounced around too much to do video. It's storming out now so it will be a while, let me find something.
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Steve Kalaf - Futaba

Old 07-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase

Quality in the promo video is accurate!
They did not stabilize it at all.

Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Steve Kalaf - Futaba

Old 07-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #11
Crash & Burn
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by chumley
View Post
It's perfect for someone with zero rotor experience. I have the standard camera-less 1SQ and I got it TX-R so I can use it with a better computer radio. So, I'm not certain about the ready-to-fly or camera version, but the 1SQ has an adjustable gain.
The 'gain' or rates can be adjusted on the radio included with the RTF as well.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
AeroSheldon
3D Legion

I just called the LHS to put one on hold for me.

What can I used to charge these little batts on my regular Hyperion charger?

Futaba 18MZ, JR 11X
AeroSheldon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #13
Mcgiver1
Sport Flyer

Send a message via ICQ to Mcgiver1 Send a message via MSN to Mcgiver1 Send a message via Yahoo to Mcgiver1
Default Heli-Max 1SQ Quadcopter V-Cam RTF

This is a good buy, fly's great and the camera works great too. The only con is that if you bounce on the ground or hit an object a little hard the mini memory card will pop out. I suggest you learn how to fly it before you put the memory card in the camera. Also buy about 4 batteries so you can charge one and fly one.

Mcgiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote