Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 08-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4
Default JTEC PITTS 12 - Kit To Flying In 5 Days!

Today as I was sorting through the tons of junk email I collected over the weekend I saw a subject line that stood out and made me immediately open it up. First off, I love getting cool emails on Monday morning, it usually makes my whole day go better, and I was very excited to read this one this morning.

FG member "Dr Evil" send me the email this morning that made my day and I just had to share with you guys. Next year during the Joe Nall week on Monday morning Dr. Evil is going to set up camp, plop down a building table, take a 41% JTEC PITTS 12 kit and start building. He's going to keep building until Friday at the noon time demo when he will fly the very plane he started to build on Monday!

I know what you are thinking... WHAT? HOW? REALLY? WHAT?

Dr Evil (aka Stephen Reimer) has been building for a long time and has built planes for many people including Al and Kevin from JTEC and he is currently building a Pitts 12 for Andrew Jesky. Needless to say the guy can build a plane! This year Stephen is going to start up a pro building business and he wanted a way to showcase his building talent. And after some thought the five day kit to air build was born. And where better to do this than the worlds most attended fly in!

Stephen has set up some rules for himself that will keep the build honest and fun for people checking in on him and they are:
The plane will be a JTEC /TRUEWORTHY 41% short kit

RULE 1: The only "PRE BUILDING" allowed will be the painting of the cowl and wheel pants.
The rest of the kit will be left in the box just as you would get it from JTEC.

RULE 2: Only 2 people will be involved Stephen (Dr Evil) and Walter Wood. Walter will do the covering, and only the covering.

RULE 3: No other help will be ACCEPTED. I know many people would probably like to lend a hand, but that would take away from the adventure that a five day build will be!

To be considered a success the airplane must fly on Friday at the noon time demo.

That's it. Five days, one airplane kit, a pile of glue two guys and a goal to fly the plane at the Friday noon demo! I can't wait. Also, Dr. Evil has promised a few surprises in regard to his camp. Again I can't wait!

Good luck guys! We can't wait to watch this unfold!
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	pitts 12 LE.jpg
Views:	6287
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	593082 130.1 KB · Views: 6287

Flyinggiants.com Podcast #4
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Andrew Jesky - AJ Aircraft
Tony Russo - Desert Aircraft
Steve Thomas - Bobs Hobby (Falcon/Xoar props)
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Just follow the link and download or listen!
FG PODCAST #4 LISTEN NOW!
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Unbalanced
Uber Contributor

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: Thank you so much! 
Total Awards: 1

Will this be sponsored by Red Bull or Walter White?
Unbalanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
wesryman
Down in the SWAMP

Well that is going to be something to behold!
wesryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
mtickel25
Tickel

Default Funny

Quote: Originally Posted by Unbalanced
View Post
Will this be sponsored by Red Bull or Walter White?
That show is getting intense!
mtickel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 

Quote: Originally Posted by mtickel25
View Post
That show is getting intense!
So GOOD.
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Old 08-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
McFueler
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Can't wait to see this !!!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
bsbauman
Team NO SLEEP

nice challenge!
bsbauman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #8
pawnshopmike
Uber Contributor

That is awesome! Would make a great time lapse video.
pawnshopmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase

Quote: Originally Posted by pawnshopmike
View Post
That is awesome! Would make a great time lapse video.
Yea that would be cool.. Hmmmmm
Join me as I speak with:

Rocco from Aeroworks
Steve Kalaf - Futaba
Frank Noll - 2014 XFC

Old 08-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
SUPERFLYJAY
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

I KNOW THE BOYS AT J-TECH ARE SCHEMING THEY ARE GONNA SLIP IN AN ARF ON THURSDAY EVENING WHILE WE ALL ARE SLEEPING !!! THAT AL YOUNG IS A SNEAKY ONE !!!!
SUPERFLYJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
erikv79
Doo It! Doo It!

"If you truly don't know who you are dealing with, I would tread lightly"
erikv79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
Vic3D
Mother Huckin'

Awards Showcase
Wesse's Haaard Man Award!: For showing our community the joy of eating jap-a-lin-os and being a haaaard man! Wesse Power! - Issue reason: Welcome to the haaaaard man club! Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 The GPTPDSST Award: The Gay Pride Triple Platinum Diamond Studded Steaming Faberge Turd Award. - Issue reason: GPTPDSST Award recieved photochopping the site admin. 
Total Awards: 3
Send a message via AIM to Vic3D Send a message via MSN to Vic3D

Quote: Originally Posted by erikv79
View Post
"If you truly don't know who you are dealing with, I would tread lightly"
Best show on TV.
Aztech Aeromodels
Taildragger RC
Vic3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #13
Wacobipe
Doo It! Doo It!

I know the guy...and he can do it! But I am guessing as interesting as the build will be the antics will be even more entertaining...he isn't called Dr Evil for nothing...
Wacobipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
STLAV8R
Team Twisted!

Cool! This will be interesting.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
2.4ghz
Uber Contributor

hmmmmm: well I have known Dr.Evil for 20+ years and he has never ever lied to me yet but he is getting older and he really has some wild ass dreams sometimes, but to build a 41% pitts in 5 days and fly it hmmmm I sure hope hes not getting senile on me here, Now Steve and I did many moons ago when Goldberg came out with there Ultimate biplane , we bought it at the LHS on Fri. and 28 hrs later flew it on the weekend, can it be done well I have no doubt. But he is 20 years older and he is a lot crazier then he was then.
GO DR.EVIL / WALTER.

PS are you excepting DONATIONS/TIPS ??

Last edited by 2.4ghz; 08-19-2013 at 06:58 PM.
2.4ghz is offline   Reply With Quote