Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
SleepyC

Default Real Flight 7 Released in October!!

Real Flight 7
Now with multiple controller editions, multi-level skill Challenges — and $250 savings on real R/C models!

For more than 16 years, the RealFlight simulator has been a favorite tool for R/C flight training, practice and entertainment . Now RealFlight 7 takes it to a whole new level — simplifying setup, adding and refining features, and putting more fun into the time you spend becoming a better pilot .

No other R/C flight sim offers so much versatility . As further proof, three editions of RF7 are now available . Choose RealFlight with the acclaimed, Futaba®-made InterLink® Elite; with a real Tactic® TTX600 transmitter and interface unit; or with the interface only, for using your own radio as the controller . Each edition has the same new software with the same extensive lineup of over 90 planes, 30 helicopters and 40 PhotoField and 3D flying sites . Buying any of the three also entitles you to savings of over $250 on models depicted in the simulator!

The popular 8-channel controller in the RF7 InterLink Elite Edition has functions similar to those found on high- quality transmitters — plus conveniences engineered especially for RealFlight, such as a built-in transmitter interface and Reset/Rewind button for recovering instantly from crashes and reviewing their cause . QuickSelectTM keeps your hands on the sticks when choosing software settings, instead of reaching for the keyboard and mouse . The InterLink Elite also needs no batteries and avoids adding wear and tear to your R/C transmitter.

The RF7 Tactic Tx-R Edition is especially perfect for new R/C modelers . Learn to fly with RealFlight — then unplug the TTX600 radio from the interface and fly any model aircraft equipped with a Tactic SLT receiver, including over 30 Tx-R aircraft . Like the InterLink Elite controller, the interface unit also has the popular Reset button .

Experienced pilots who’d like to fly RealFlight using the same radio they take to the field can now choose a lower-priced option without controller . RF7 Transmitter Interface Edition comes with the sim software and interface unit . New menus in the software make it fast and easy to configure RealFlight for flying with most popular transmitters .

■ Pilot Challenges —
Air Racing, Ring RaceTM, Spot Landing and other game-like events are a fun way to polish skills . Complete one level to advance to the next — and unlock more content .

■ Unlimited Combat — The excitement of multiplayer combat grows when you and your opponents can fly any aircraft and add any weaponry you wish!

■ Heads-Up Display — Shows altitude, airspeed, heading and other vital information . Ideal for — but not limited to — first person (cockpit view) flying!

■ Exciting new aircraft — including the Top Flite Giant Scale Fw 190 and Thunder Tiger Raptor E700 .

Modelers who already own any editions of RealFlight G4, G5 or 6 can enjoy the all the features of RF7 by purchasing the RF7 Upgrade (Software Only) . See realflight .com for complete details on these latest editions of the #1 R/C flight simulator, and bonuses that include free monthly updates .

RF7 w/InterLink Elite Controller Mode 2 . . . . . . . . . . $179 .99
RF7 w/TTX600 Transmitter & Interface . . . . . . . . . . $179 .97
RF7 w/Interface . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $149 .99
Software-Only Upgrade . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $49 .99

Available: Late October

For more information check out: realflight.com
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	RF7.jpg
Views:	9380
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	605061 150.7 KB · Views: 9380

SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
CatalinaWOW
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

As a long time Real Flight user I am glad to see that the upgrade price remains reasonable.
CatalinaWOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Bigugly

My wife just got me 6.5 2 days ago for my birthday at least the upgrade is affordable.
Bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
dmichael
Uber Contributor

If anyone at Knife Edge is reading this- please make an Apple version.
dmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
cjneal
Flyin' Around

If I buy the version with the Tactic Tx will the reset button still work when I bind it to real models?
cjneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
jace
Yak Attack

I'm suprised they haven't made it for apple as well
jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
SleepyC

Bootcamp?
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #8
Park_Aviator
3D, 1D at a time!

Yay I guess I'll buy the version with the TX, or maybe just the upgrade.... My RF Tx is starting to go out...
Park_Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
jace
Yak Attack

Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyC
View Post
Bootcamp?
Huh?
jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
Mike 48
Super Contributor

View Post
Bootcamp?
Here is at least one problem using bootcamp.

The first Mac I bought was around 2008. In order to run bootcamp I had to go purchase a Windows OS which was Windows XP and cost me about $100.00. It worked very well by the way.

That computer has since died and so I bought a new IMac about a year ago. I was going to use bootcamp again but discovered the Mountain Lion OS for Mac won't take Windows XP. The Macs will only take Windows 7 or 8.

So, I will be obliged to buy Windows 7 ( Windows 8 STINKS as bad as Vista) if I want to use Real Flight. Right now I'm not willing to spend another $100.00 for an OS just to run RF.

Windows 8 is a very unpopular OS. It has cost MS a huge loss in sales and ranks as a flub as Vista did. Apple Macs are becoming more and more popular all the time.

Why won't the makers of Real Flight get off their duffs and make RF native to both MS and Macs like Aerofly (Ikarus) does. Makers of Real Flight...Is it really that hard to make RF also run on Mac?
Mike 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
Park_Aviator
3D, 1D at a time!

Quote: Originally Posted by jace
View Post
Huh?
Basically a virtual desktop that allows you to run windows programs.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1461
Park_Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
frank99

can rf check if I can upgrade not sure how many times I have upgraded ?
frank99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
Magenta
Gettin' Lower!

it would be nice if they made the software work with apple.
Magenta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
bsbauman
Team NO SLEEP

I also stopped using RF when made the jump to Mac
bsbauman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
dmichael
Uber Contributor

View Post
Bootcamp?
I have thought about it- but I'm just not willing to deal with any issues or hassles.... I want to buy the software, load it and use it.
dmichael is offline   Reply With Quote