Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

 

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > News and Announcements > Leading Edge Homepage Article Discussions
Forgot your password? Create a new account


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
SleepyC
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: USA, OH, Aurora
Age: 43
Posts: 25,859
Default Pilot RC New Release: 88 Sky Wolf

Hey guys, pilot RC has a pretty cool Sport/Fun plane coming out. I noticed the announcement thread yesterday and thought everyone might take a peek! It seems like a new wave of high wing fun fly planes has started, brought on by the 3DHS BigFoot, so it’s kind of nice to see some more choices hit the market!

This model is available right now in a 88” wingspan version, Design for 30~60cc engines this bird can hang on the prop with just a DLE30!

SPECS:

Wingspan: 88 in(2.24M)
Wing Area: 1400 sq in(9040sq cm)
Fuselage length: 75 in(1.93M)
Weight: 14 lbs(6.5kg)
Engine: 30~60CC


Features:

• Strong Light Weight Construction
• Professional designed for both 3D training and relaxed funfly
• Professionally covered in Oracover(Ultracote) from Germany
• Fuselage is set up for canister installation
• Cowl with cowl ring. No exterior screws exposed
• Complete hardware included
• Removable wings.
• All control horns included
• Laser cut engine mounting templates
• Factory hinged ailerons.
• Design for 30~60cc engine. DLE30 can hover it easily .
• Large flaps for more fun fly.
• Design for both electic and gasline engine. removable windshield for changing battery easily.










For more info:PILOT RC
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	wolf.jpg
Views:	7915
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	612532 177.6 KB · Views: 7915

SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
McFueler
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
McFueler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Claremont NC USA
Age: 53
Posts: 3,144
Default

OK how much ????? This looks like a fun plane !
__________________
Was the IMAC Southeast Regional Director 09-10
McFueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
bsbauman
Team NO SLEEP
 
bsbauman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 361
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyC
View Post
...It seems like a new wave of high wing fun fly planes has started, brought on by the 3DHS BigFoot, so it’s kind of nice to see some more choices hit the market!
LOL I think you are being far too diplomatic; it just looks like a knock-off Bigfoot to me, but with not as attractive cowl as the Bigfoot
They even used a nearly identical decal, as well as a strikingly similar trim scheme.



I would be curious what the guys at 3DHS think about this plane.
Lucky for Pilot, there is no copyright enforcement in China.

Last edited by bsbauman; 11-12-2013 at 01:24 PM.
bsbauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
joebob2
Super Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Crestview, Fl
Posts: 313
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by bsbauman
View Post
LOL I think you are being far too diplomatic; it just looks like a knock-off Bigfoot to me, but with not as attractive cowl as the Bigfoot
They even used a nearly identical decal, as well as a strikingly similar trim scheme.



I would be curious what the guys at 3DHS think about this plane.
Lucky for Pilot, there is no copyright enforcement in China.
Yep. 4" longer wing, 6" longer fuse, Cessna style tapered wing, totally different fuse shape. I'd say a direct copy if there ever was one.
joebob2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
bsbauman
Team NO SLEEP
 
bsbauman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 361
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by joebob2
View Post
Yep. 4" longer wing, 6" longer fuse, Cessna style tapered wing, totally different fuse shape. I'd say a direct copy if there ever was one.
LOL
bsbauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
Vic3D
Mother Huckin'
 
Vic3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Puerto Rico, Caguas, Caguas
Age: 27
Posts: 4,988
Send a message via AIM to Vic3D Send a message via MSN to Vic3D
Default

OMG it's a high-wing, must be a copy of something else. Give me a break.
__________________
Team JR
Pilot RC
B&E Graphix
Aztech Aeromodels
Taildragger RC
Vic3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
bsbauman
Team NO SLEEP
 
bsbauman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 361
Default

3d, high wing, similar scheme, nearly identical decal emblem.

Sure it may have different bones, but I still think they are trying really hard to be a Bigfoot.
bsbauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
Vic3D
Mother Huckin'
 
Vic3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Puerto Rico, Caguas, Caguas
Age: 27
Posts: 4,988
Send a message via AIM to Vic3D Send a message via MSN to Vic3D
Default

How dare a company offer something in the same class as other companies? You know, Extra 260's should only be made by Aeroworks since they were the first to make one, Sbach's should only be made by Pilot since they were first, Yaks should only be made by EF since they were first, according to that logic.

Same class, different company. We should be grateful that more offerings are being put in the market. Prefer something else? buy it.
__________________
Team JR
Pilot RC
B&E Graphix
Aztech Aeromodels
Taildragger RC
Vic3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
Sandbag Special
US-Soccer "Don't Tread On Me"
 
Sandbag Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jupiter, FL
Age: 25
Posts: 525
Send a message via AIM to Sandbag Special Send a message via MSN to Sandbag Special Send a message via Skype™ to Sandbag Special
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Vic3D
View Post
How dare a company offer something in the same class as other companies? You know, Extra 260's should only be made by Aeroworks since they were the first to make one, Sbach's should only be made by Pilot since they were first, Yaks should only be made by EF since they were first, according to that logic.

Same class, different company. We should be grateful that more offerings are being put in the market. Prefer something else? buy it.
Yup. The more the merrier.
__________________
Team JR
Mode 1 Pylon Racing Hero
Sandbag Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #10
Jaybird
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
Jaybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jay Florida
Age: 40
Posts: 3,657
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by bsbauman
View Post
LOL I think you are being far too diplomatic; it just looks like a knock-off Bigfoot to me, but with not as attractive cowl as the Bigfoot
They even used a nearly identical decal, as well as a strikingly similar trim scheme.



I would be curious what the guys at 3DHS think about this plane.
Lucky for Pilot, there is no copyright enforcement in China.
Yep looks just like a Bigfoot. except the wings are different. And the cowl. And the fuse. And the tail. And the landing gear. And the windows. And the color schemes. And the size. And the spinner. And the wheel pants. Other than that yep, direct copy.
__________________
Brian Hawthorne
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
bsbauman
Team NO SLEEP
 
bsbauman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 361
Default

perhaps I m too harsh, but still seems like they are grabbing at coat tails...
bsbauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #12
columbo
Bring back the Cap
 
columbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norman, Oklahoma USA
Posts: 806
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Vic3D
View Post
How dare a company offer something in the same class as other companies? You know, Extra 260's should only be made by Aeroworks since they were the first to make one, Sbach's should only be made by Pilot since they were first, Yaks should only be made by EF since they were first, according to that logic.

Same class, different company. We should be grateful that more offerings are being put in the market. Prefer something else? buy it.
Agree 100%. It's not like these are anything revolutionary in design that is patented...just another high wing fun fly that is fair game for any company to make. Not my cup of tea, but I guess there is a market out there for these.
columbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #13
Spats
Trolls need love too.
 
Spats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States, CA, San Diego
Age: 50
Posts: 1,363
Default

Ahaha, Yeah, I guess if the colors are similar it must be a copy. Heck it has wings must definitely be a copy.

Ok go ahead, call me a fan boy now.
__________________
Officially nicknamed "Spats" by Planebender.
Joe Nall 3D Line https://www.facebook.com/groups/384131818391368/
Spats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
PropsnWings
Bad-ass Super Contributor!
 
PropsnWings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 42
Posts: 3,647
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by bsbauman
View Post
3d, high wing, similar scheme, nearly identical decal emblem.

Sure it may have different bones, but I still think they are trying really hard to be a Bigfoot.
You guys flatter yourselves if you think EVERYONE wants a 3DHS. I could care less about Bigfoot.

Geesh...who cares...buy it if you want it...if you don't..scroll on
__________________
Pilot 30cc Edge, 3DHS 41" Edge, RedwingRC 30cc MXS-R, GP 77" Sukhoi, Pilot 50cc Edge, Aerobeez 30cc Sbach.
Guided by my fingers & DX18g2!
PropsnWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #15
Spats
Trolls need love too.
 
Spats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States, CA, San Diego
Age: 50
Posts: 1,363
Default

Hey Props, what are flying these days? Or did winter crush you yet?
__________________
Officially nicknamed "Spats" by Planebender.
Joe Nall 3D Line https://www.facebook.com/groups/384131818391368/
Spats is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.

All Flyinggiants.com content copyright 2006-2014 by RCGroups.com, LLC except where otherwise indicated. The Flyinggiants.com logo is a trademark of RCGroups.com, LLC.
Please report any misuse of our trademarks or copyright violations using the contact form.
RCGroups Network :: RCGroups :: Crackroll :: RC Cars

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.