Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Giant Scale Planes > Gas Engines
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 11-12-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
2robinhood
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Default CRRC PRO GF45I any good?

Has anyone tried the CRRC PRO GF45I ???
Is it any good?

http://crrcprousa.com/index.html
2robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
rede2fly
GRAVITY SUCKS

Default Re: CRRC PRO GF45I any good?

no comment

Last edited by rede2fly; 11-25-2006 at 04:51 PM.
rede2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #3
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4

The motor was a good motor for the money, but Version 1 had some carborator issues... (These issues may have been address in version 2.. so please just take this info and know I'm speaking of version 1)

I had one... it could be a great motor, but every single person I know who has owned one has had the same problem.

It runs great on the ground, but once in the air, it bogs out and looses power.

People have tried, tubes into the fuse, velocity stacks, air baffles, tuning... you name it people have tried it. I think some guys finally switched carbs and the motor improved.

But the quality of the motor for the price is nice, and perhaps newer versions are better regarding the carborator issue...

So I would find out what version it is and look and see if people are still having the carb issues.

Version 1 had a square header that lead to the pitts exhaust,
Version 2 had a round header that lead to the pitts exhaust.

Hope that helps.
Flyinggiants.com Podcast #5 “Live from Joe Nall!"
Join me as I speak with:
- Kyle “The Alien” who was with PAU
- Chris Hinson from EF
- John “TheTank” Banks
- Stewart from HobbyKing
- Jason Danhakl From Danhakl Designs
- Elie “Snap-A-Saurus”
- Shawn Spiker and Nick Frederick from Hitec.
- Sleepyc and Adam from RCLogger wrap up the entire show on our drive home.

FLYINGGIANTS.COM PODCAST #5 - LIVE FROM JOE NALL!
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
MalaysianFlyer
Doo It! Doo It!

These engines are retailing for about USD 240 over here, but so far I believe we only have version 1 being dumped here. I have yet to see one perform without any problems (out of 14 so far). Hopefully the version that you guys are getting in the states are better.
MalaysianFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #5
dhooks
Flyin' Around

You may want to try the Venom at www.copperheadaviation.com Ive had two of the 45ccers an there a good value for the money. Dont try to compare them to your $600 ( insert name ) engine but for for half the money at 95% of the same performance they rock.
dhooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #6
rede2fly
GRAVITY SUCKS

no comment

Last edited by rede2fly; 11-25-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:36 PM   #7
SleepyC
Thanks for the Support!

Awards Showcase
Japaleno Bad Ass: This is to say thank you for donating  funds to help bring Wesse to the 09 Joe Nall! - Issue reason: WERD! FlyingGiants Good Dude Award: For stepping up to the plate, being a part of a fundraising effort for a good cause. Thank you. - Issue reason: Thank you very much for helping with the recent donation drive. Brass Balls Award: For having sack.. - Issue reason: For having the SACK to photochop two of the most respected names in the hobby into precarious photographs. See http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90555 Platinum Diamond Studed Steaming Fabergé Turd: The SleepyC award. Enough said. - Issue reason: Because you, Sleepy, are a triple Platinum Daimond Studed Steaming Faberge Turd! In a good way of course! LOL! 300+ post thread, and took it like a man! 
Total Awards: 4

Well from reading the posts, I think its pretty clear that the motor is a pretty quality piece for the money, but the 1st version is having carb problems.

Basically , Version 2 just came out recently, and I haven't seen anyone run it.

Even version 1 could probably be a killer motor with a new carb.
Flyinggiants.com Podcast #5 “Live from Joe Nall!"
Join me as I speak with:
- Kyle “The Alien” who was with PAU
- Chris Hinson from EF
- John “TheTank” Banks
- Stewart from HobbyKing
- Jason Danhakl From Danhakl Designs
- Elie “Snap-A-Saurus”
- Shawn Spiker and Nick Frederick from Hitec.
- Sleepyc and Adam from RCLogger wrap up the entire show on our drive home.

FLYINGGIANTS.COM PODCAST #5 - LIVE FROM JOE NALL!
SleepyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #8
XJet
Uber Contributor

There are actually THREE versions now. The latest has the exhaust on the other side of the engine, a metal manifold plate for the carby and a small fore-aft oriented pitts-style muffler.

The quality control out of China is just plain non-existant. I gather that CRRCPro USA are making sure that the engines they ship actually work -- which, based on my experience, is a pretty mamoth task :-)

The one I saw (version 3) came with badly brinnelled bearings (needed replacement) a cylinder-head that was so far out of spec that it caused the piston to hit the spark-plug electrode, a crankshaft that was incompletely pressed together so that, when the backplate was tightened up, it put such an axial load on the rear bearing that the engine would not even turn over.

A replacement cylinder was of no use -- with the new one, they'd hard-chromed over quite a bit of loose machining swarf in the bore so it would have completely ruined the piston-rings.

I dare say that if you can get one where someone has replaced all the way-out-of-spec parts, replaced the bearings (including loctiting the front one in place to stop it spinning in the casting) then you may get something that will run.

In the meantime, this is definitely a loosely-assembled kit of ill-fitting parts that will require a *lot* of work to make run at all -- let alone run well.
XJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #9
rede2fly
GRAVITY SUCKS

no comment

Last edited by rede2fly; 11-25-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #10
crrcpro
Flyin' Around

Hello guys!

Very pleased to view the discussion of CRRCpro Gasoline Engine. Incontestable , there have some blemishs on our early products. But we have updated it already.Below is some photo of the latest GF45I.

In the flowing years, we will design several new gas engines with low cost and more power for pilots in order to make more fun for pilots.

Below is the photos of our GF26I-SP and GF40I

More info please visit :www.crrcpro.com

US agent :www.crrcprousa.com
service@crrcprousa.com
crrcpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:31 AM   #11
2robinhood
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

What version it this one????

2robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:56 AM   #12
crrcpro
Flyin' Around

Hello 2robinhood

The one you showed is the newest version !

Thanks !
crrcpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #13
rede2fly
GRAVITY SUCKS

no comment

Last edited by rede2fly; 11-25-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #14
CRRCproUSA
Western Hobbies

Hello All,
Thanks for your interset in the CRRCpro engines. It looks like this thread starts where the guys over on RCU leave off. I keep tabs on these postings for complaints and potential issues that could affect all users. So far I see alot of random problems and most of them coming for AUS or New Zealand. I don't have an answer for this but I do take in this info so that we can help our customer base here in North America should any of these situations occur. We are all about customer service and you can read some of the postings that talk about this. We are releasing the GF26i and have our new website which should be running in just a couple of days that will have tech tips for the CRRC engines and will relate to many others. We have over 20 years experience in the motorsports / engine industry with both 2 and 4 cycle technology that include karting, snowmobiles, motorcycles, and airplane engines. If we can't answer your question we will surely point you in the right direction through one of our many resources. Thanks and stay tuned

Sincerely,
Jim
Western Hobbies LLC
CRRCproUSA

Last edited by CRRCproUSA; 11-16-2006 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Spelling error
CRRCproUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:59 AM   #15
XJet
Uber Contributor

Jim, am I correct in assuming that you guys do a lot of work, almost blueprinting these engines before you sell them in the USA?

It looks as if the basic design of these engines is sound, but the QC from the factory is virtually non-existant, requiring someone like yourselves in the supply-line to ensure that the product delivered actually works without problems.

If that's the case, you're earning your money :-)
XJet is offline   Reply With Quote