logo
Old 06-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by shotgun
Mojo Aviation Flight Team
Hucking with the Stars- Zero G style
Joined Dec 2007
1,334 Posts
Re: DL-30 / DLE-30

I just got a DLE30. I see that it has a Tillotson carb on it. Do all the DLE30s have the same carb? My 55 has a Walbro. The serial number is 3218, so should I expect the same little peculiarities that others have had?
shotgun is offline Find More Posts by shotgun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by rcign
Williams, Az USA
Joined Jan 2006
2,439 Posts

It's not a Tillotson, it's a Walbro WT clone...
later DLE 30s have the same carb with DLE on the cover...
Carb kit is D10 WAT...
rcign is offline Find More Posts by rcign
Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Find More Posts by jongurley
Vess Propellers!
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,475 Posts

Can I run A123 pack on the ignition..
jongurley is offline Find More Posts by jongurley
Old 06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
Can I run A123 pack on the ignition..

If you use a regulator. I ended up just getting a 4.8V 2000mAh pack for the ignition. Flew for about 40 minutes yesterday and put 700mAh back into it. The ignition does not like anything over 6.0000000000V.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by TooBizzy
Georgetown Ohio
Joined Jan 2008
924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ken View Post
FILL LINE TEE. Does it matter where you put the tee for the fill line. The reason I'm asking is because when I put the fill line on my dle-30 it will not run. The tee is about 1/2 way between the tank and the carb. I run 4 zenoahs with that installation with no problem.

I put my Fill Line Tee about an inch from the carb. After filling the first time of the day, it takes about 10 flips to get running. There after about 3....I've read posts from guys with the same issue as you. It takes awhile to draw fuel to the motor when the line is dry. Some solder the tiny hole in the choke flapper to help draw fuel.

Another thing I do, is not allow fuel to syphon back to the tank when putting the stopper in the fill line. You need to keep your fuel line full of fuel if possible.
TooBizzy is offline Find More Posts by TooBizzy
Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by TheTank
I created FG! Bitch!
Connecticut, USA
Joined Jan 2006
10,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcign View Post
All you DLE 30 naysayers reading this ??
We told ya so....
Heck, I was parking a 30 in a hover in an H9 Taylorcraft from day one... just as with any of my other motors! If I put togethor a 30 size bird, it would have the DLE or the Syssa in it. Then again, I dont know if I fell into the "naysayer" category.
TheTank is offline Find More Posts by TheTank
Old 06-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Find More Posts by 1ken
Broadway, NC
Joined Feb 2010
31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBizzy View Post
I put my Fill Line Tee about an inch from the carb. After filling the first time of the day, it takes about 10 flips to get running. There after about 3....I've read posts from guys with the same issue as you. It takes awhile to draw fuel to the motor when the line is dry. Some solder the tiny hole in the choke flapper to help draw fuel.

Another thing I do, is not allow fuel to syphon back to the tank when putting the stopper in the fill line. You need to keep your fuel line full of fuel if possible.
Thanks, I'll try that.
1ken is offline Find More Posts by 1ken
Old 06-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by Deathbeast
Joined May 2009
20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBizzy View Post

Same for me....I have the Tee join in about 1 inch from the carb, that way I know that fuel is right at the Carb, it takes only a few flips to pop it first start of the day, and it is only 1-4 flips max for the rest of the day. Agreed also about not letting fuel run back out, when you disconnect what ever fuelling system you are using, make sure you pinch the fuel tube and then cap it off...this way fuel is at the carb ready to rock and roll.......You can put the T way back at the tank if you want...and that way you can have arms like Arnold when your done with your hobby career from flipping.

Also, if the carb is brand new, just squirt some gas straight into the carb to get her fueled up, if it is new and dry it could take a long time....a quick cheat around that, is to just use a high torque starter the first time you try and start the engine up, the starter will make sure it is sucking fuel from the tank those first couple of times....then chuck that starter thing back in the closet where it belongs and fuel and flip.
Deathbeast is offline Find More Posts by Deathbeast
Old 06-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by jongurley
Vess Propellers!
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb View Post
If you use a regulator. I ended up just getting a 4.8V 2000mAh pack for the ignition. Flew for about 40 minutes yesterday and put 700mAh back into it. The ignition does not like anything over 6.0000000000V.

Cool, I have some Align stepdowns to 5.2volts, that I used on my heli, I will throw one of them on there to knock it down.
jongurley is offline Find More Posts by jongurley
Old 06-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongurley View Post
Cool, I have some Align stepdowns to 5.2volts, that I used on my heli, I will throw one of them on there to knock it down.
That will work great.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 06-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Find More Posts by shotgun
Mojo Aviation Flight Team
Hucking with the Stars- Zero G style
Joined Dec 2007
1,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcign View Post
It's not a Tillotson, it's a Walbro WT clone...
later DLE 30s have the same carb with DLE on the cover...
Carb kit is D10 WAT...
Thanks for the info. I'll make a note of the carb kit for when I need it.
So, let me get this straight. The carb is a Walbro, or a Walbro clone, made by yet a different company? In any event, why would they want to stamp Tillotson on it?
shotgun is offline Find More Posts by shotgun
Old 06-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Find More Posts by SuperCub Man
Joined Feb 2010
10 Posts

Saw a posting by Jody of 3 or 4 pix of his installation of the DLE30 rear carb (I think) but I've spent hours trying to find it again. Anyone know where it is? Having trouble designing a hook up for my motor servo and thought they might help!
SuperCub Man is offline Find More Posts by SuperCub Man
Old 06-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts

You mean these?
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Old 06-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by SuperCub Man
Joined Feb 2010
10 Posts

Thanks Jody - I guess those were the ones. I couldn't see them at the time as I wasn't registered - but unfortunately they won't help me. If I had a box on the bow of my aircraft like on yours and other ARF types, I'd have no problem. But I'm mounting mine on a 1/4 scale Cub with a solid firewall with gas tank just behind it so I can't punch holes through the forewall. I made 4 2-1/2" standoffs and now trying to layout all the junk I have to mount on the available firewall space. Since the throttle axis is at an angle (45 degrees?) it is a real problem to situate the servo at the right angle and running a push rod from the servo location inside the fuse would mean passing it right through the middle of the scaled up cabin!! Also the stanoffs interfere with the throttle arm!
Oh well. I guess that's why I love this hobby. Challenges - always challenges!!
SuperCub Man is offline Find More Posts by SuperCub Man
Old 06-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
Heck, I was parking a 30 in a hover in an H9 Taylorcraft from day one... just as with any of my other motors! If I put togethor a 30 size bird, it would have the DLE or the Syssa in it. Then again, I dont know if I fell into the "naysayer" category.
I saw that at the Nall! very nice flying!
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)

Quick Reply