Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Find More Posts by vmceachern
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
You guys don't get it. We reach a certain age and our BS meters peg. Yeah Jodi can be a real ass sometimes but so can most of us. Just the reality of it. I know I can expertly
vmceachern is offline Find More Posts by vmceachern
Old 03-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Find More Posts by brandontwalker
United States, AL, Alabaster
Joined Oct 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijody View Post
Ummm, you need some better glasses. Of course I freeze framed it, but why scale anything when I can just read it stamped plainly on the prop. The only video on their website shows it spinning a 27x10 JXF at 6400-6500, about what I would expect.

Sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion, even you. But I can assure you, I have a MUCH more extensive background, history, and experience, even with this particular manufacturer to base my opinion on than you. And, since you can't tell a 6 from a 9, that makes yours very suspect from the get go. But keep gulping down that Chinese Kool-Aid, mmmmm!
Jody, I do not claim to be an engine expert and you very well may have more experience than I with respect to toy engines. This is a hobby for me and not an occupation. With that stated, this thread was started with regard to interest in a new product. Thus far, following in your typical fashion, none of your feedback has been constructive. Rather, you approach a discussion of a new product based upon preconceived biases and conclusory statements.

As to your claims regarding my inability to distinguish a 6 vs. 9, how exactly do you come up with your claim to the use of a 27x10? Neither a 6 nor a 9 to be found in your claim. Maybe that is my inability to distinguish a 7 vs. 9. I attached a still frame I took from the video. The image is a bit blurry, but it looks like a 29x10 to me. Some, as yourself, may differ in that opinion.

In any event, unless you would like to be constructive in your comments, take your biases elsewhere.
brandontwalker is offline Find More Posts by brandontwalker
Old 03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by rcakropilot
What... Weather sucks again!!!
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Joined Jan 2007
5,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijody View Post
But keep gulping down that Chinese Kool-Aid, mmmmm!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontwalker View Post
Thus far, following in your typical fashion, none of your feedback has been constructive. Rather, you approach a discussion of a new product based upon preconceived biases and conclusory statements.

In any event, unless you would like to be constructive in your comments, take your biases elsewhere.
rcakropilot is offline Find More Posts by rcakropilot
Old 03-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Brandon,

I think you're a little confused about what exactly you posted, I'm not.

The freeze frame you just posted could not have come from the video you posted, the one I posted did. Then you spammed us with a link to the DLA website page for the 128, claiming another video showing it pulling 60# on .... something, that video doesn't exist. The only video on that page clearly shows the engine spinning a JXF 27x10 at 6400-6500 RPM, not really impressive considering the install would be something like 4-5 pounds heavier than a twin making the same or more power.

Sounds cool though, is shiny, and cheap, seems to sell a lot of engines that later make people very unhappy. Like vmceachern says, your BS has now pegged my meter. And, I'll take my biases anywhere I please thank you.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Old 03-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by ULTIMATE1
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Sep 2006
1,980 Posts
This is the 60lbs thrust video with 29 x 10 here!
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/0...pf-to=pcqq.c2c
ULTIMATE1 is offline Find More Posts by ULTIMATE1
Old 03-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by dooinit
I am bad-ass
United States, MT, Kalispell
Joined Jul 2010
2,134 Posts
Preach on preacher!
dooinit is offline Find More Posts by dooinit
Old 03-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Find More Posts by 49dimes
Joined Dec 2010
2,114 Posts
Hey Jody,

What's the old saying....If your confused then dazzle them BS.
49dimes is offline Find More Posts by 49dimes
Old 03-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE1 View Post
This is the 60lbs thrust video with 29 x 10 here!
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/0...pf-to=pcqq.c2c
Well there you go! But, taking out the high and lows on the "calibrated force gauge" reading, and using an average it looks to be making about 58# of thrust. Pretty much the same as one gets out of a good running twin and again, without the major weight penalty.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Find More Posts by Bikman
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2011
854 Posts
why don't you read the youtube video description ?

"DLA-128TI by JS mit Dämpfer MTW-TD90 und Menz 28x12 6000U/min"
Bikman is offline Find More Posts by Bikman
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikman View Post
why don't you read the youtube video description ?

"DLA-128TI by JS mit Dämpfer MTW-TD90 und Menz 28x12 6000U/min"

Bikman,

There are two different videos linked to this thread. One video (the German YouTube version) shows the engine with a Menz prop. The other video, which was posted on the DLA website, I was referencing has a JXF 29x10. Jody just doesn't like Chinese engines and takes every opportunity to hijack what could be useful threads relating to them.

Truthfully, the prop choice in the videos is not that great of a concern to me as I would like to see some real testing numbers on this engine with several different props. I suspect this will be available when US suppliers begin carrying this motor.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Find More Posts by 49dimes
Joined Dec 2010
2,114 Posts
Hey... Jody can be EXTREMELY truthful. I take his commentaries as good food. Truth can hurt. But there are weekend afficeinado's and there are the older very few who have done this for a living and do know a thing or two. I have an intolerance just like everyone else but generation next seems to thwart off experience because information is literally at their finger tips. As far as DLA their product is still unproven and the road through the proving ground can be very long. I personally would not shorten the distance DLA needs to travel.
49dimes is offline Find More Posts by 49dimes
Old 03-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Know God,no fear!
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,681 Posts
Only DLA experience I have is a couple of 56's I've seen at the field,both were crap. Maybe this one will be better,who knows?
Siko_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Old 03-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontwalker View Post
Bikman,

There are two different videos linked to this thread. One video (the German YouTube version) shows the engine with a Menz prop. The other video, which was posted on the DLA website, I was referencing has a JXF 29x10. Jody just doesn't like Chinese engines and takes every opportunity to hijack what could be useful threads relating to them.

Truthfully, the prop choice in the videos is not that great of a concern to me as I would like to see some real testing numbers on this engine with several different props. I suspect this will be available when US suppliers begin carrying this motor.
As it pertains to me personally, you don't have a clue to what you are talking about. If I were to take every opportunity to bash a Chinese engine on this site I'd have over 1/2 a million posts. And for the record, since you've proven yourself to be,....less than informed, I've never said I don't like Chinese engines. Heck, I've run DLEs more than any other gasser, just because I no longer do so, doesn't mean I don't like them. You have some proving to do to support your claims, I've already proven mine.

But you go ahead and keep begging others to supply you with information at their risk for your gain. Since you don't want to listen to others that have been there, done that, nor do you seem to want to make the effort to do due diligence and research the manufacturer yourself, why don't you get off your wallet, buy one, do your own testing the same way I and many others did for the last 4 decades, then come back and bestow upon us your vast knowledge from the experience.

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking, you don't want to risk one of your own pennies when you could gain what you want at another's expense. You are the exact type that pegs the BS meters of the knowledgeable and experienced contingent in any information exchange forum. You admit you are no expert, well son, I am! You are the exact type that turned me into an a-hole, so don't blame me, you reap what you sow.
Last edited by Jedijody; 03-13-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
91 Posts
Lol Jody. I am certain you were an a-hole long before Al Gore devised the internet.

Quick Reply