logo
Old 09-22-2016, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by sherlockshah
Joined Nov 2014
53 Posts
Discussion
Public rant!! Never will i ever buy zdz engines!!

The guy in czech republic michael or what
Ever his name is the owner is very very unprofessional. He responds to the first email
Than leaves u hanging. At least explain to the customer if u can help or not. I sent all wanted info and left me hanging.
I have a cracked crank case and need replacement getting no help on my zdz 210
I will never buy one with such poor service.
sherlockshah is offline Find More Posts by sherlockshah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-22-2016, 05:16 PM
Find More Posts by Luchnia
Word up!
United States, VA, Amelia Court House
Joined Oct 2010
2,356 Posts
uh, and why would a person be ZDZ? Does the guy own ZDZ?
Luchnia is offline Find More Posts by Luchnia
Old 09-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Joined Nov 2014
53 Posts
Yes he owns it

Poor customer service. Waiting for anwer for week and half. Tried different email address he responded than found out i was same person back to being mute. Cant get a simple answer.
It was his loss.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:21 PM
jlc
Find More Posts by jlc
jlc
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Jan 2012
595 Posts
Did you use a dealer or buy straight from ZDZ?
jlc is offline Find More Posts by jlc
Old 09-22-2016, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by lilbutch
United States, MS, Waveland
Joined Sep 2006
81 Posts
this is the old as in very first 210 rv standard version that zdz made right ? what is the serial number of engine. are you sure the crank is not bent. you stated in the for sale wanted ad that it had a hairline crack that opened and closed as you rotated the crank. that sounds like a bent crank along with the cracked case. did you crash it or hit something with the prop? or did something hit the prop? if its the old old model good luck finding a crank and case for it. there was a used one in the for sale ads for 400.00 a while back. maybe you would be better off to buy that one. (butch)
lilbutch is offline Find More Posts by lilbutch
Old 09-22-2016, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by 1200psi
United States, UT, Logan
Joined Nov 2007
210 Posts
Damn!!
1200psi is offline Find More Posts by 1200psi
Old 09-22-2016, 09:19 PM
Find More Posts by super rookie
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Sep 2009
1,205 Posts
About 6 years ago I was going to a 12 step program and lamenting about a
210 rv (zdz) that I had issues with. They all told me to buy an American made
Desert Aircraft 200. Since that day, I have stopped drinking and all of my engine
problems have gone away.........
super rookie is offline Find More Posts by super rookie
Old 09-22-2016, 09:27 PM
Joined Nov 2014
53 Posts
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbutch View Post
this is the old as in very first 210 rv standard version that zdz made right ? what is the serial number of engine. are you sure the crank is not bent. you stated in the for sale wanted ad that it had a hairline crack that opened and closed as you rotated the crank. that sounds like a bent crank along with the cracked case. did you crash it or hit something with the prop? or did something hit the prop? if its the old old model good luck finding a crank and case for it. there was a used one in the for sale ads for 400.00 a while back. maybe you would be better off to buy that one. (butch)
Yes its old one. I have like 200 flights on it. Never crashed it. Not sure how this happen. I did buy the rtf model used so not sure if prior owner crashed.
Does anyone know how to remove the hub?
Old 09-22-2016, 09:53 PM
Joined Sep 2006
81 Posts
As i stated before ( do not attempt to weld the case on a first gen zdz unless you have the correct filler rod. the cases were a tri alloy . it may look like you made a successful weld but it will break on either side of the weld . we have tried this in the past and it just will not work unless you have the right rod and case temp and cool down temp.you could end up hurting someone very bad or much worse when you get it up in the air and the darn breaks off again which it will. ) sometimes its better to just write things off. good luck (butch)
Old 09-22-2016, 09:56 PM
Joined Nov 2014
53 Posts
How do u remove the hub?

Quote:
As i stated before ( do not attempt to weld the case on a first gen zdz unless you have the correct filler rod. the cases were a tri alloy . it may look like you made a successful weld but it will break on either side of the weld . we have tried this in the past and it just will not work unless you have the right rod and case temp and cool down temp.you could end up hurting someone very bad or much worse when you get it up in the air and the darn breaks off again which it will. ) sometimes its better to just write things off. good luck (butch)
How to remove the hub?
Old 09-22-2016, 09:59 PM
Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
United States, UT, Plain City
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
We at ZDZ USA have talked with you several times (even after hours) in the last couple of weeks and have explained to you the situation your are in very clearly. We have looked at the pictures you sent of your motor and have discussed with you that your motor is no longer safe to fly as the crack is in a very bad spot and is not repairable.  We have also explained in-depth to you that the version of motor that you have has not been produced for many years and parts are extremely limited.  The manufacturer can not just go and order one old part from the foundries....it is not possible.  The demand for the old Version 210 parts is so low that no smart business person would place the large quantity orders that the foundries require to just then sit on the parts so one person can fix their motor.  We have actually been looking for a used crank case for you but have not had luck.  We had not stooped looking though but apparently all of the many conversations we have had with you is to poor of customer service for you so consider the hunt on our end over. Your loss.   As for Michal, he  has all confidence and trust in our capabilities of helping out the customers in the US as we are the sole distributor for him. He knows with out a doubt that we go out of our way to help every customer that we can. So if he is not getting back to you it is because he knows that you have a distributor that will help.  Unfortunately as we have told you every time we have talked to you. Your motor is dead as it sits right now. The ONLY thing you can do to repair it is wait until you can find someone willing to sell you their old motor for parts.  And as you told me a few times on the phone, this is your only gas motor and you only have it because you were helping out a friend by buying his plane. You said that gas motors aren't worth spending any money on and you only want to put  your money into turbines. So my question to you is...if gas motors are not worth anything and you did get 3 years out of your used one, why all this fuss and drama over getting it fixed? 
flyrcjoe13 is offline Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Old 09-22-2016, 10:02 PM
Joined Sep 2006
81 Posts
sorry joe i did not know he had talked to you. he never would tell me the crank was bent.he kept avoiding that question. so sherlock shah i will now offer you 50.00 for the engine with the ignition box shipped . just gotta love con's. (butch)
Last edited by lilbutch; 09-22-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
Quote:
Thank you! It is not a case were welding will work even with the right fill rod. It is right where the bearings are and will case more damage. (as we have already explained to him a couple of times in the past week). We like to keep motors in the air when ever possible but this is one that just needs to be written off as you too suggested.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
Quote:
show me another front case that fits that engine and you will get all the help you need. also have you checked the runout yet? (butch)
There is nothing else that matches that case ( if it was that simple I would have fixed it for him the first time he called me)
Old 09-22-2016, 10:09 PM
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super rookie View Post
About 6 years ago I was going to a 12 step program and lamenting about a
210 rv (zdz) that I had issues with. They all told me to buy an American made
Desert Aircraft 200. Since that day, I have stopped drinking and all of my engine
problems have gone away.........
You should check out some of the latest threads on the power and performance of the new generation ZDZ's. It will blow your mind. You may want to go to a meeting first as we would not want you to start back up after seeing what you have been missing out on. When your ready to order one give us (ZDZ USA) a call we would be happy to help.

Quick Reply