Old 06-22-2018, 02:32 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts
Discussion
RF8 Intall Error: KEError 16114 & 16118

Hey guys,

I posted this over on the Knife Edge forums but figured I would try here as well.

Recently bought RF8 and can't seem to get it installed. Trying to install results in KEError 16114 followed by KEError 16118. I searched and found a couple threads discussing these exact errors but a concrete solution wasn't presented.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad E580 running Windows 10. I have tried re-downloading the RF8 installer as well as attempting to install the simulator via a different admin account (someone posted that RF8 doesn't like spaces in account names). Neither of these two methods worked.

So if anyone out there has figured out a different workaround to successfully install RF8 I am all ears!

Thanks,

Neil
Neil4 is offline Find More Posts by Neil4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-22-2018, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by acerc
United States, FL, Center Hill
Joined Jul 2014
2,167 Posts
Have you received my PM and or email?
acerc is offline Find More Posts by acerc
Old 06-22-2018, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerc View Post
Have you received my PM and or email?
Yes - and I replied to your email....
Old 10-11-2018, 06:30 AM
Find More Posts by Tim Green
Ashtabula, Ohio
Joined Oct 2008
14 Posts
Same errors here, while trying to install downloaded RF8

But on my error, it states … "KEError: 16114: Failed loading C:\Users\Tim\DirectX\dsetup.dll"

Which is totally wrong, since the pathname should have been "C:\Users\Tim Green\DirectX\dsetup.dll"

I don't have a directory named "Tim" anywhere on my system - so where did the installer get that path from.

The message appears first thing after the installation is started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil4 View Post
Hey guys,

I posted this over on the Knife Edge forums but figured I would try here as well.

Recently bought RF8 and can't seem to get it installed. Trying to install results in KEError 16114 followed by KEError 16118. I searched and found a couple threads discussing these exact errors but a concrete solution wasn't presented.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad E580 running Windows 10. I have tried re-downloading the RF8 installer as well as attempting to install the simulator via a different admin account (someone posted that RF8 doesn't like spaces in account names). Neither of these two methods worked.

So if anyone out there has figured out a different workaround to successfully install RF8 I am all ears!

Thanks,

Neil
Tim Green is offline Find More Posts by Tim Green
Old 10-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Find More Posts by Neil4
Maryland
Joined Jul 2007
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green View Post
But on my error, it states … "KEError: 16114: Failed loading C:\Users\Tim\DirectX\dsetup.dll"

Which is totally wrong, since the pathname should have been "C:\Users\Tim Green\DirectX\dsetup.dll"

I don't have a directory named "Tim" anywhere on my system - so where did the installer get that path from.

The message appears first thing after the installation is started.
Sorry to hear that Tim - I still haven't got RF8 downloaded on my laptop....
Old 10-11-2018, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by 2walla
United States, WA, Walla Walla
Joined Apr 2007
3,095 Posts
i didnt have any issues when i installed it. did you uninstall on the first profile using windows file manager?
i would scrub the registry for rf8 entries and try again
2walla is offline Find More Posts by 2walla
Old 10-12-2018, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by Tim Green
Ashtabula, Ohio
Joined Oct 2008
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil4 View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks,

Neil
First please note that I got mine working by creating a new admin user account called "test" (no spaces in the user name IOW). And that the downloaded RF8 installation program installed into "test" just fine.

I've since removed the user account "test", and run RF8 from my normal user account named "Tim Green". It also updated fine from my "Tim Green" account.

I have DX12 installed, of course, since that is what Win10 is running these days.

Two questions ...
1) What was the text of the message included with the first error - the KEError 16114?
2) When you tried creating another admin account with only one word for the username - did the installation fail in the same place and the same way (same errors) with the same text messages? Or did it fail differently?
Tim Green is offline Find More Posts by Tim Green
Last edited by Tim Green; 10-12-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Quick Reply