Old 11-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
Discussion
Jet Cat P-300 Pros, Nifty!

Cool Beans!

I was sad to hear Jet cat Discontinued the Jet Cat P-300 RX, in my opinion one the best turbines they made (without generator) but then I learned that they are releasing a P-300 pro and wondered, ok what is the deal with this "PRO" malarkey.

Well aside from the 1000 euro increase in price, I wondered what justification do they have in this turbine, other than to simply charge users more.

Well I just got some in and apparently they have changed a lot:

1) The new starter motor is much larger and now triple pronged, it still uses a clutch/engage system but the starter motor is much larger, also it will not flex like the old 2 prong starter mounts.

2) The tail cone on the P-300 pro is larger than the P-300 RX, about 1/2"

3) The pump is now internal, and is brushless

4) The inlet for Fuel,,, FINALLY is 6mm, which will make setting lines so much nicer as you do not have to deal with silly 4mm-6mm reducers

5) Lastly, Jetcat is no longer recommending Diesel as a Usable Fuel; only JETA and Oderless K1 Kerosene. I believe this change is due to the fact that these engines are designed to run in various altitudes and that diesel is not very consistent globally.

The pro requires a R/C interface dongle... another $250 but it is the only way to use with standard RX systems.

The battery can be connected via the interface or directly to the turbine via an XT60 connector, for now I'm running everything through the interface.

The first motor will go into a HAVOC, while the 2nd one will be used on a Tomahawk F-86.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-06-2019, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by Leardriver
United States, NJ, Bridgewater Township
Joined Jan 2006
123 Posts
Do you have any run time on the 300pro yet? I am weighing this vs the KT320.
Leardriver is offline Find More Posts by Leardriver
Old 02-06-2019, 03:05 PM
tec
Find More Posts by tec
tec
Team Horizon Team BVM
Winter Park, CO
Joined Mar 2006
1,242 Posts
Unfortunately the first 300Pro I got to see, failed to start over a three-day event in Phoenix last month. For some reason, JC just doesn't seem to work at higher altitudes no matter the fuel.
tec is offline Find More Posts by tec
Old 02-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Find More Posts by Alkaline
United States, TX, Beaumont
Joined Mar 2010
1,896 Posts
I have been using the P-300 pro, it has been running flawlessly.

P-300 pro actually has a various settings:

RC Mode
High Altitude Mode
Conserve Mode.

When I first flew the P-300 it was set to High Altitude mode, very SLUGGISH, I was wondering what the hell man this is worse than the original P-120.

Then going into the menu I changed it to RC-MODE now it runs just like the P-300 RX.

If you are in Colorado, Make sure you try the High Altitude Mode, this is only available in the Pro Engines. The only draw back is that acceleration/deacceleration is slower then normal turbines.
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old 02-07-2019, 07:13 PM
tec
Find More Posts by tec
tec
Team Horizon Team BVM
Winter Park, CO
Joined Mar 2006
1,242 Posts
Not owning one, that's good to know! Phoenix is a whole different animal then Denver, I'm sure he'll get it sorted out.
tec is offline Find More Posts by tec

Quick Reply