For me personally not smoking has increased my wing load��
Hoistguy is offline Find More Posts by Hoistguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2018, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by Desertlakesflying
United States, NV, Sun Valley
Joined Feb 2014
108 Posts
Will you make custom length turbine pipes for those os us who prefer our smoke tubes to dump outside the plane?
Desertlakesflying is offline Find More Posts by Desertlakesflying
Old 10-18-2018, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by crankcase
www.baddogsmokes.com
United States, MN, Isanti
Joined Apr 2016
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying View Post
Will you make custom length turbine pipes for those os us who prefer our smoke tubes to dump outside the plane?
I did a few custom orders early on, but I prefer to stick to 3 lengths nowdays. 10",12",& 14" it's easier to keep tube blanks and mailing tubes in just a couple lengths at this time. I wasn't able to produce custom orders in a timeframe that I thought was acceptable. I build these in batches and sometimes it can be a month between welding a batch.

When I was doing it, it was an additional $2 per inch for any tubes longer than the 14" with a 24" max length.
crankcase is offline Find More Posts by crankcase
Old 10-20-2018, 12:21 PM
Find More Posts by tailskid2
United States, AZ, Tolleson
Joined Feb 2007
436 Posts
Check out this review:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/articles/r...ection-nozzle/
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
Old 10-20-2018, 10:21 PM
Find More Posts by crankcase
www.baddogsmokes.com
United States, MN, Isanti
Joined Apr 2016
315 Posts
Product development

I have made some prototypes of possible new products to add to the smoke nozzle and accessory line-up.

First up is the aluminum smoke nozzle kit. Machined from 2024 aluminum stock. Actually a few grams lighter than titanium nozzles. Standard size nozzle orifice.

Second is the remote connect brass nozzle kit. This nozzle is fed from a soft copper tube keeping the soft smoke oil supply line further from the muffler or header pipe. Nozzle has an extended depth adjustment due to more threaded length. Once the nozzle is positioned and locked into place with the captured washer locking nut, a length of K&S #8118 (3/32" x0.014" soft round copper tube) is inserted into a counterbore and soldered in place. A brass single barb pressure fitting nipple is then soldered onto the opposite end of the K&S tubing for a secure soft smoke oil supply line connection. Nozzle has standard size orifice.

Brass pressure nipples. Brass single barb with a 10-32 threaded end. These are great for carb diaphragm venting, fuel cans, etc.

Next we have the preheater kit. Consisting of 2 brass single barb pressure nipples it requires and a length of K&S #8118 (3/32"x 0.014" soft round copper tube. Preheaters can be built a couple different ways. Solder the brass pressure nipples to each end of the preheater tube and wrap tube around the cylinder base between cylinder cooling fins. Smoke oil enters the coil is heated by the heat transfer from they cylinder and then exits the coil. A short length of high temp smoke oil line makes the final connection to the smoke nozzle.
Another way to preheat is to drill and tap 10-32 holes directly across from each other on your muffler making sure that no interior baffles or obstructions in between. Thread the pressure nipples into the tapped holes and then pass a length of K&S #8118 3/32"x 0.014" soft round copper tubing through the muffler and extend past the tip of the pressure nipple by 1/16" on each end. Solder the copper tubing to the brass barb to create a single pass heat exchanger tube. Once soldered to the nipples on opposite sides of the muffler they will not be able to unscrew or come loose.

The K&S tubing I may offer in the future but due to shipping, I would rather have customers source the Copper K&S tubing.

Lastly, DIY Atomizing turbine smoke tube nozzle tips. Build your own turbine smoke tubes to your spec length. Required tubing is 304 Seamless tubing 3/16"OD x 0.028" wall available from McMaster Carr. Smoke tube nozzle tips insert into tubing and you TIG weld, braze or silver solder on to your seamless tubing to your required length. Smoke tube nozzle tips are available in standard orifice or high output orifice sizes.
crankcase is offline Find More Posts by crankcase
Last edited by crankcase; 10-20-2018 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 11-06-2018, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by goneflying
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Oct 2007
26 Posts
I have 4 smoke systems that I would like to convert to your ss nozelle
how can I place an order?

[email protected]
goneflying is offline Find More Posts by goneflying