logo
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Elkster is offline
Find More Posts by Elkster
Super Contributor
Joined Dec 2012
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijody View Post
As it pertains to me personally, you don't have a clue to what you are talking about. If I were to take every opportunity to bash a Chinese engine on this site I'd have over 1/2 a million posts. And for the record, since you've proven yourself to be,....less than informed, I've never said I don't like Chinese engines. Heck, I've run DLEs more than any other gasser, just because I no longer do so, doesn't mean I don't like them. You have some proving to do to support your claims, I've already proven mine.

But you go ahead and keep begging others to supply you with information at their risk for your gain. Since you don't want to listen to others that have been there, done that, nor do you seem to want to make the effort to do due diligence and research the manufacturer yourself, why don't you get off your wallet, buy one, do your own testing the same way I did for the last 4 decades, then come back and bestow upon us your vast knowledge from the experience.

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking, you don't want to risk one of your own pennies when you could gain what you want at another's expense. You are the exact type that pegs the BS meters of the knowledgeable and experienced contingent in any information exchange forum. You admit you are no expert, well son, I am! You are the exact type that turned me into an a-hole, so don't blame me, you reap what you sow.
Sorry. But I'm going to call b.s. on this one. Last 20 posts I saw, you couldn't make a logical conclusion with the information given. Just a bunch assuming; berating rhetoric. Much like this post I might add. Self-professed 2 stroke engine expert does not a critical reader or class act make; I guess.
Elkster is offline Find More Posts by Elkster
Last edited by Elkster; 03-13-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-13-2014, 10:08 PM
Jedijody is offline
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Jedijody's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
No apologies necessary, but you are as ignorant as Brandon. I've made my living for the last 3+ plus decades, including putting two kids through college on professional 2 stroke engine experience. That also includes several years designing, refining, marketing, and servicing toy airplane engines. I couldn't care less if you think I'm a class act because I don't coddle your every desire, but the fact is, I do know what I'm talking about. Prove otherwise.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 11:09 PM
aussiesteve is offline
Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Clothed Account
aussiesteve's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,324 Posts
Someone Rang? LOL
Come on Jedi - you KNOW you care about what people think - being so thin skinned and all.

I would love to see someone prove that the engine in the OP is a GREAT product at a reasonable price. Do I think that will happen straight up? - Probably not - as there are many areas in this style of engine that can quickly lead to the downfall of the product. (Especially in the area of sealing the centre portion of the the crank and prop hub retention). By the sounds of it they have not done much in the way of consumer testing yet.

I won't be the one trying to prove them good, bad or otherwise but I do look forward to the second lot of results in for it (The first ones are likely to be VERY closely linked to dealers / importers and are therefore very likely to be "somewhat skewed".

As for props in Chinese manufacturers videos? - I have personally witnessed the use of cut down props as well as "incorrectly stamped" props by some brands.

Until one of the reputable testers gets their hands on these and publishes their unbiased data, I will take any claim with a grain of salt.

But then again - they are shiny.
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Elkster is offline
Find More Posts by Elkster
Super Contributor
Joined Dec 2012
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijody View Post
No apologies necessary, but you are as ignorant as Brandon. I've made my living for the last 3+ plus decades, including putting two kids through college on professional 2 stroke engine experience. That also includes several years designing, refining, marketing, and servicing toy airplane engines. I couldn't care less if you think I'm a class act because I don't coddle your every desire, but the fact is, I do know what I'm talking about. Prove otherwise.
I think you're the one that must ignorant(lack of knowledge) because I know exactly how much experience you have and how long it took you to get it. You need not beat your chest to make us all believe. No need to "yell it to sell it". If it's true, the truth will come out. With engines; like I said; you have experience; even though your knowledge is often overshadowed by your arrogance which makes many not believe you. Now being able to make a logical conclusion with the given information? not so much. I could prove it,(and boy would I love to quote you a few times here) but really; that would just be more off-topic banter. Something you're good at; something I prefer not to do.

As far as the rest of the OP thoughts. I'm with AussieSteve. Good post.
Elkster is offline Find More Posts by Elkster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 11:41 PM
terryscustom is offline
Find More Posts by terryscustom
Wood Butcher
terryscustom's Avatar
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
9,918 Posts
LOL, I remember the day I was not in the mood and got rubbed the wrong way by Jody....... But, then in the end you usually have an "ah hah" moment and realize that he was right all the long
In the case of DLA / DLE.....I would say he knows more than most anyone here if you care to listen.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Jedijody is offline
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Jedijody's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkster View Post
I think you're the one that must ignorant(lack of knowledge) because I know exactly how much experience you have and how long it took you to get it. You need not beat your chest to make us all believe. No need to "yell it to sell it". If it's true, the truth will come out. With engines; like I said; you have experience; even though your knowledge is often overshadowed by your arrogance which makes many not believe you. Now being able to make a logical conclusion with the given information? not so much. I could prove it,(and boy would I love to quote you a few times here) but really; that would just be more off-topic banter. Something you're good at; something I prefer not to do.

As far as the rest of the OP thoughts. I'm with AussieSteve. Good post.
LMAO! Bring it!

But I know you won't because you can't back up your claims. My experience here in these threads, if you care to research it, will prove I'm right.

Yes, I will rub people the wrong way. But only because they start out with preconceived notions/desires. When confronted with truth they will usually grab the shield and run for cover slinging insults at the bearer of logic. If they are truly after the truth, they will here what I'm talking about. I write like I'm sitting across the table from you having a beer, there is nothing confrontational about it. If you get your panties in a wad it's only because you had expectations that weren't fulfilled. I didn't give you the expectations, only the truth, sorry if that hurts but not my fault. Get over it.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 01:08 AM
Supreme6 is offline
Find More Posts by Supreme6
Push or pull?
Supreme6's Avatar
Enumclaw, WA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
Jedi, I have never met someone so full of themselves. Yes, I have met you years ago when you worked for a local company. You were also a dick to my wife when I had her drop off a motor for me. Real classy!! You may know everything there is to know about gas engines but with your attitude I have no respect for someone like you. I'm not sure if I have seen a post from you where you didn't tell someone they were an idiot or have no clue what they are talking about. Even if they are wrong who gives a s**t, why is it your duty to tell them they are wrong? If I had a dollar for every time you bragged about yourself I would not have to work anymore. I know there are a handful of guys on this site that think you are the cats meow and I will more than likely get hammered for my post, but I just had to voice my opinion.
Supreme6 is offline Find More Posts by Supreme6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 01:28 AM
aussiesteve is offline
Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Clothed Account
aussiesteve's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,324 Posts
Wow - this thread sure has some passion in it now hasn't it.

Come on people - it is about an (as yet unproven) engine that may hit the market some time, not about who has the biggest d-ck or the opinion that suits the most.
FWIW - I have been on both sides of the Jedi's comments and he has ended up being correct each time - but I have a thick enough skin to accept such things in life. I don't get my panties in a wad - because I don't wear them (all together now - eeeeyyyyyyeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww)

I bet if all of us were at the field at the same time, we would all have a blast together.

The truth will come out once it is in the hands of unbiased people - until then it is a nothing. -


This next part is especially for you Supreme6 - you thought you made a statement that would get you hammered - watch this

Who knows - when it is tested by unbiased people, this DLA 128 could be better than a DA
(you do know there are better engines than DA's don't you but put them in the hands of the inexperienced and they may not run as well as they can or last as long as they should)

A lot of engines fail prematurely because many people seem to have a need to run as little oil as possible - why?
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 01:32 AM
wahoo is offline
Find More Posts by wahoo
Registered User
wahoo's Avatar
Joined Feb 2006
953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme6 View Post
Jedi, I have never met someone so full of themselves. Yes, I have met you years ago when you worked for a local company. You were also a dick to my wife when I had her drop off a motor for me. Real classy!! You may know everything there is to know about gas engines but with your attitude I have no respect for someone like you. I'm not sure if I have seen a post from you where you didn't tell someone they were an idiot or have no clue what they are talking about. Even if they are wrong who gives a s**t, why is it your duty to tell them they are wrong? If I had a dollar for every time you bragged about yourself I would not have to work anymore. I know there are a handful of guys on this site that think you are the cats meow and I will more than likely get hammered for my post, but I just had to voice my opinion.
+100


Jody

A Tired Old Man you will never be.... he's not even as abusive as your online persona seems to be.

You claim you would sit across a table knocking back a cold one and talk to someone in the same manner as you do online ??? hahahaha ...the cold one would absolutely NOT be the only one being knocked back if your online disposition reared it's ugly head in my presence. Smooth it out cuz.. you have a world of knowledge and you claim you want to offer it freely ??

No one wants to take advice from someone who belittles then in the same post.
wahoo is offline Find More Posts by wahoo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 01:38 AM
alflovvold is offline
Find More Posts by alflovvold
Doo It! Doo It!
alflovvold's Avatar
Joined Jan 2010
285 Posts
Subbed... and brought popcorn! ;-)
alflovvold is offline Find More Posts by alflovvold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 01:39 AM
Jedijody is offline
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Jedijody's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme6 View Post
Jedi, I have never met someone so full of themselves. Yes, I have met you years ago when you worked for a local company. You were also a dick to my wife when I had her drop off a motor for me. Real classy!! You may know everything there is to know about gas engines but with your attitude I have no respect for someone like you. I'm not sure if I have seen a post from you where you didn't tell someone they were an idiot or have no clue what they are talking about. Even if they are wrong who gives a s**t, why is it your duty to tell them they are wrong? If I had a dollar for every time you bragged about yourself I would not have to work anymore. I know there are a handful of guys on this site that think you are the cats meow and I will more than likely get hammered for my post, but I just had to voice my opinion.
Would you rather go on believing something was a certain way when someone else knew for fact that it wasn't? Most that have a problem with me want something to be as they hope with no basis on fact or experience. they just "want it". Sorry to bring reality to the party but that's just the way I roll, no fantasy or BS here.

Sorry if I offended the wife, definitely wasn't my intention. I was probably very busy or had just finished dealing with a different know it all looking for something for nothing.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 01:41 AM
wahoo is offline
Find More Posts by wahoo
Registered User
wahoo's Avatar
Joined Feb 2006
953 Posts
Be Nice (1 min 7 sec)
wahoo is offline Find More Posts by wahoo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 01:43 AM
poor hucker is offline
Find More Posts by poor hucker
Registered User
poor hucker's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2008
547 Posts
I have sat back a couple of nights knocking back one or two cold one with Jedi and he tells it like it is glad some can. Ha Jedi those were some fun nights.
poor hucker is offline Find More Posts by poor hucker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 01:51 AM
Jedijody is offline
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Jedijody's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
+100


Jody

A Tired Old Man you will never be.... he's not even as abusive as your online persona seems to be.

You claim you would sit across a table knocking back a cold one and talk to someone in the same manner as you do online ??? hahahaha ...the cold one would absolutely NOT be the only one being knocked back if your online disposition reared it's ugly head in my presence. Smooth it out cuz.. you have a world of knowledge and you claim you want to offer it freely ??

No one wants to take advice from someone who belittles then in the same post.
I never want to be a tired old man, nor do I try to emulate him. He's an online PC pussy. If he thought he could get away with it he would say the same things I do. Why do you think he's been lifetime banned from two different RC forums? Trust me, I know him and work with him every day. You should hear what he says about you!

The difference between he and I is that you'll know exactly what I think before you meet me and afterward, no pulling punches, no PC BS. Online I'm real, not fake. 99% of people get along great with me because I'm the way I am. Even though I would and do say the same thing in person, I don't come across the same as many take me in writing. But I don't care, I'm not going to change the way I express myself in writing to save someone's feelings over a Chinese piece of Merda.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 02:09 AM
Jedijody is offline
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Jedijody's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poor hucker View Post
I have sat back a couple of nights knocking back one or two cold one with Jedi and he tells it like it is glad some can. Ha Jedi those were some fun nights.
Look forward to more...uhh, almost just like them!
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message


Quick Reply
Message:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools