logo
Old 02-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by brn2fly
Fly It Like You Stole It!
United States, FL, Hobe Sound
Joined Jan 2006
219 Posts
The Future of BME Engines

To all that are concerned about BME Engines, I am one of the future owners and would like to bring everyone up to date. The transaction should be completed soon and we plan to relocate BME to the Oklahoma City area, with most repairs being done in Kansas for the first 6 months.

We will provide customer service second to none. If necessary we will hire additional workers to allow us to restore customer service. Engines currently at BME for repair will be repaired by Mr. Baker and returned. Customers who pre-paid for an engine or paid deposits will be refunded their money. Engines needing repair should be held until we have taken over operations. We will provide both warranty and non warranty service for all BME engines but will also provide service on all makes and models of gas engines soon.

We plan to release the 58cc single fairly quickly while continuing the 115cc with a redesigned intake, eliminating the need for after market modification. Future plans are to release a couple of larger engines not currently offered within 6-12 months. New engines will continue to set the standard as the lightest in their class while providing excellent performance.

The website will be redesigned and customers will be able to use a shopping cart feature and any credit card or paypal. We will answer emails and phone calls as quickly as possible and provide tech support on websites that have tech forums. So I ask that all BME customers be patient as we take over and hit the ground running. I will post again when the transaction is final. Look for our new phone number and email address. My partner and I are looking forward to taking care of past, present, and new BME customers. Thanks for your continued support and understanding, we will earn the right to keep your business!

Sincerely Andy Snow
brn2fly is offline Find More Posts by brn2fly
Last edited by brn2fly; 02-17-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by rcairflr
Kansas
Joined Mar 2006
487 Posts
Re: The Future of BME Engines

That is great news. Hope everything works out for you and your partner
rcairflr is offline Find More Posts by rcairflr
Old 02-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Find More Posts by JEFFRO503
www.rcdude.com
St helens OR
Joined May 2006
2,088 Posts

This is really good news people! It sounds like the animal that Keith created , will be taken over by a very dedicated two man team that will move forward on creating some new "good" engines.

I think the name BME kind of got tarnished a little over the last few months over here and the other foums as well , and i'm sure it will take some time to get the BME reputation back up and running again the right way. But if a good two man team ( maybe more?) can get some fresh blood , sweat and tears back into this comapny and get it going strong.....they'll be tough to beat!

Andy.........would you be willing to tell us who your partner is? And does Keith have anything to do with the company at all? I never had anything against Keith , in fact he was one of the nicest guys in the RC industry i ever dealt with. I know he ran into some hard times , and i am glad he sold the company to some people whom want to move forward in the advancement of these great engines.

can't wait until these new motor's hit the market , and get up and running. I'll let my freinds like Pat Roy , RTK , Altavillian and a few other's take the helm on the testing..........if they are willing and able , and then i might be getting back into the BME fan club if they give the thumbs up.
JEFFRO503 is offline Find More Posts by JEFFRO503
Old 02-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Find More Posts by airborneSGT
Pimpalicious
Germany, BY, Bamberg
Joined May 2006
2,241 Posts

Sweet! Gives me another excuse to get back out to OKC. I gotta get back there to make sure the two clubs downtown are still open lol
airborneSGT is offline Find More Posts by airborneSGT
Old 02-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Find More Posts by brn2fly
Fly It Like You Stole It!
United States, FL, Hobe Sound
Joined Jan 2006
219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFRO503 View Post
Andy.........would you be willing to tell us who your partner is? And does Keith have anything to do with the company at all?
Jeff, my partner is Tom Lundstedt. Mr. Baker has offered to give us some help with ordering parts with all the different distributors that we will be using until we are familiar the ordering process.
brn2fly is offline Find More Posts by brn2fly
Old 02-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by McLinux
Mostly fly 4D...(3D + Dirt)
Joined Jan 2006
232 Posts

Congrats Andy on the NEW BME! I think everyone will be very happy to have you guys at the helm. Customer service, sales and repair done with the same attention to detail that you put into everything you do...I know there will be a lot of happy current BME owners and a lot of new BME owners to come.

Please keep us posted on when you're up and running aand ready for repair work. I have a 50cc (not a BME) that needs a rehab, I just can't seem to get it to run consistantly. We all look forward to the future of the new BME.

Congrats again, and keep us posted.
McLinux is offline Find More Posts by McLinux
Old 02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Cool! Good luck with BME. I wish you and your partner well.
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Find More Posts by FastnLow
Joined Feb 2006
614 Posts

This is great news for the BME guys out there, it will be nice to see this issue put to rest.
FastnLow is offline Find More Posts by FastnLow
Old 02-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by 3DBatixkid
im weeetaaaahded!
Sunnyvale
Joined Jun 2006
309 Posts

Andy and Tom,

Congratulations and the best of luck to you both! Hope to come hang out with you guys again this year! Im sure you two will do wonders for the company.
3DBatixkid is offline Find More Posts by 3DBatixkid
Old 02-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Find More Posts by tlundstedt
hutchinson kansas usa
Joined Oct 2006
35 Posts

thank you zak.
tom
tlundstedt is offline Find More Posts by tlundstedt
Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by why_fly_high
100% EDGE Builder
United States, OK, Edmond
Joined Jan 2006
1,477 Posts

Congratulations Andy and Tom. I am sure I am biased as Andy is a friend of mine but I am sure this is going to great for the hobby. The unique weight advantage BME engines offer will be great to have back. One thing I am very confident in is that Andy is a man of his word and will do what he says.

Way to go guys!

Dan
why_fly_high is offline Find More Posts by why_fly_high
Old 02-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Find More Posts by LawnJockey
cuttin the grass with balsa
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jan 2006
1,490 Posts

Does this mean that Kris W is now going out of Business? Just kidding Kris.

LJ
LawnJockey is offline Find More Posts by LawnJockey
Old 02-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Find More Posts by TrojanMan
UAV's rule
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Jan 2006
1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_fly_high View Post
Congratulations Andy and Tom. I am sure I am biased as Andy is a friend of mine but I am sure this is going to great for the hobby. The unique weight advantage BME engines offer will be great to have back. One thing I am very confident in is that Andy is a man of his word and will do what he says.

Way to go guys!

Dan

Dan beat me to it!

I know Andy has been working on this for a while and he is the right guy to move this company forward.

Congrats guys!

Jim
TrojanMan is offline Find More Posts by TrojanMan
Old 02-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by krayzc
Kannapolis, North Carolina
Joined Mar 2007
2,871 Posts

good things are happening in 08...
krayzc is offline Find More Posts by krayzc
Old 02-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Find More Posts by JEFFRO503
www.rcdude.com
St helens OR
Joined May 2006
2,088 Posts

You know what got me excited about his first post about buying BME? Was the fact that i know people will move forward with an engine line that has the possibility to be the best of the best if they get things right.....especially on that 115. My advice would be to test the living hell out of that new motor in every flight envelope known to man before it's re-release.

and another thing Andy said about the 58cc should be coming out...WWOOHHHOO!! finally!!!

and one more thing......possibility to make a few more "bigger" motor's.......oh this will be good , very good.

Good luck you guys , and if you need someone to wring the snot out of an engine let me know.
JEFFRO503 is offline Find More Posts by JEFFRO503

Quick Reply