logo
Old 11-24-2019, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by Warwix
Team AJ Aircraft
United States, MI, Westland
Joined Feb 2015
452 Posts
From IMAC Vice President Doug Pilcher:

"As was mentioned in post number 1 and informing membership of IMAC of any updates.

I want to add an update here, and was discussed on last BOD meeting and will be in November Minutes. But here are the highlights so far. I have been in pretty constant (thorn in the side) contact with AMA. I have gotten an agreement from Chad Budreau for a GoToMeeting with the AMA team and representatives from not only IMAC but inviting representatives from all SIGS to be part of this meeting. The primary goal is for AMA to have a chance to fill in all the blanks that they as of yet have not made public as stated by Chad. It is also a goal to come up with a more direct line of communication with AMA and the DC representatives being Tyler Dobbs and his team. Also to brainstorm if your will as to what else we can do as SIGS to assure our ability to fly as we all have flown for so many years and safely. So far I have been assured that there is more information (positive information) to be shared they are not able to share in print or video blogs, but they can share with us directly. Also was assured we will then be able to share this information with our independent SIGS and hopefully provide a much clearer picture of where everything stands. As this progresses and we have more information to share with you, it will be made available to you as quickly as possible.

As I told Chad, "I/We are not going away and will do what is needed or required to progress this situation as much as we can to a more accommodating outcome to not lose our sport of Scale Aerobatics. IMAC is in this for the long haul and will help in anyway we are able to!"

Again, when we know, you will know!"

And an update from today:

"...Friday we were contacted by AMA and the first Webinar date and time was suggested as December 5th at 3:00 PM. While I will certainly make myself available, we are kind of waiting to see if any of the other SIG leaders have any opposition to the time. Does not work very well for those that actually work. But email was sent out late on Friday so maybe Monday we will here more back from other SIGs.

But regardless it is a start in my opinion on AMA's part to come thru on their promise and get the SIGs together as a whole on this topic."
Warwix is offline Find More Posts by Warwix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-25-2019, 07:55 AM
Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Our society is collapsing
Johns Creek, GA
Joined Jan 2006
8,711 Posts
Thanks for posting
exeter_acres is offline Find More Posts by exeter_acres
Old 11-25-2019, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by kevinjulieevan
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2011
284 Posts
i've been wondering about these issues as well. the 400 foot ceiling would destroy so many aspects of rc. i really hope it gets worked out but as far as i know it's still a work in progress.
kevinjulieevan is offline Find More Posts by kevinjulieevan

Quick Reply