logo
Old 06-15-2019, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by T-ster
United States, TX, Allen
Joined Feb 2009
196 Posts
Discussion
DLE Onboard Tach

Been using my trusty TNC tach for years, but was searching for a new gadget to buy and came up with the DLE onboard tach for my DLE 111 and DLE 170. I plan on mounting it further back in my 33% & 40% planes so I can see it through my canopy, but that means I will be adding an extension and the wire will run in the vicinity of my throttle servo wire and Tech-Aero IBEC.

I have always understood you should separate the ignition and receiver items. With the tach being back towards my XPS power board (but still a distance from my Futaba receiver), will this have a chance of causing radio interference?

Thanks.

Trevor
T-ster is offline Find More Posts by T-ster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-15-2019, 02:03 PM
Find More Posts by oviedoed
Unga Bunga Bunga
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Mar 2006
94 Posts
I have two gassers that I use the Rcexl tach with and both use an extension so I can mount them to see thru the canopy, both run past the throttle servo and ign. battery pack and I have had no problems with them for six years now.
oviedoed is offline Find More Posts by oviedoed
Old 06-15-2019, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
3,091 Posts
I bought one of the DLE onboard tachs a while back year (2 yrs ago?) but never got around to using it. Maybe I should just sell it. It won't work on my DA's, which don't have a tach output from the ignition.

For those in the FrSky Horus eco-system, there's a nice $35 aftermarket module (AT-V1) for temp and rpm telemetry, which reads through the radio. I log my telemetry, so there's a record of rpm and cylinder temp all through the flight that I can review later. I was hopeful that it might also work with Futaba telemetry but I don't think it does.
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction
Old 06-15-2019, 06:06 PM
Find More Posts by T-ster
United States, TX, Allen
Joined Feb 2009
196 Posts
Thanks Oviedoed for the response. When the winds die down I am going to give it a shot.
T-ster is offline Find More Posts by T-ster
Old 06-15-2019, 06:25 PM
Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Lancaster , PA
Joined Dec 2007
3,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddiction View Post
I bought one of the DLE onboard tachs a while back year (2 yrs ago?) but never got around to using it. Maybe I should just sell it. It won't work on my DA's, which don't have a tach output from the ignition.

For those in the FrSky Horus eco-system, there's a nice $35 aftermarket module (AT-V1) for temp and rpm telemetry, which reads through the radio. I log my telemetry, so there's a record of rpm and cylinder temp all through the flight that I can review later. I was hopeful that it might also work with Futaba telemetry but I don't think it does.
For the coin, they should have one.
flyin4fun is offline Find More Posts by flyin4fun
Old 06-15-2019, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by RCAddiction
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Jan 2006
3,091 Posts
I absolutely agree.
RCAddiction is offline Find More Posts by RCAddiction

Quick Reply