logo
This thread is privately moderated by Scott Gerber, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Need...more...POWER!!!
Medina OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,134 Posts
Re: Our future....????

And the worst part is- PALIN ISNT THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE!!!

I dont support EITHER candidate from either party, but the sad fact remains that the democrats are far more sinister about their goals than the republicans are, and Chairman Maobama is a hell of a lot more frightening than McCain. ACORN, Bill Ayers, Rezko, the ties with freddie and fannie... so much of Obamas past is so questionable as to make one wonder how in the hell did the democratic party ever decide that THIS is the guy we want to front the party and run for the presidency. Factor in the possibility that he may not even be constitutionally eligible to be president at all, and it just scares the crap out of most sane people.

McCain is no prize either, but despite his years in politics he still has a lot less baggage than obama does- and this is after a lifetime in Washington. And McCain doesnt associate with terrorists of ANY sort- be they reformed domestic terrorists or not. The Ayers connection alone would be enough for liberals to raise unholy hell, would it be that he was McCains buddy- but since hes Obamas buddy, and Obama was only 8 when the bombings took place... well, thats not such a big deal now, is it? And this Ayers fellow is a professor? Teaching young adults?

I guess thats ok for the liberals though. Am I right, Judge? It frightens you that I think someone, somewhere is probably plotting to kill him- but its fine and dandy that he hangs around with an admitted terrorist (reformed? my ass) who still to this day, thinks they didnt do enough. I wish I could remember the magazine that interviewed him, in which the photo of accompanying the article had Ayers standing on top of an American flag, with the caption "Guilty as sin, free as a bird. I love the American justice system", in reference to how his case was thrown out on technicalities because of illegal wiretaps.

And this is the hoodlum that hosted the coming out party for Obamas political career? "He was just a dude in the neighborhood", says Obama. Just a dude in the hood, eh? You didnt know him or his history?

The lies are staggering. Granted, both sides lie through their teeth. its the nature of politics, we all know this. But if Troopergate is supposed to trump the crap hidden in the Messiahs past, as far as which party has the more despicable candidate, I am flabbergasted that liberals cannot see through the charade that is the obama campaign.

BTW KRisW- the martyr comment was in reference to the fact that most blacks would use the death of obama as a call to arms to start a race war, and he would assuredly be prominently used as a martyr-like figurehead to the "movement".

Again, I would rather see him "neutralized" (is that a better euphemism for you and your frail sensibilities, Judge?) than become the leader of the one-time most powerful nation on earth. As a practical matter, the man cannot be allowed to wield the power that accompanies the highest office in the land. It is not in the best interests of this country, period. It will bring a revolution that will do more damage to this country than the current economic crisis ever could.
3D Meatshield is offline Find More Posts by 3D Meatshield
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by sweetpea
If you can't HUCK it BLING IT!
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
It took the Iraq war, Katrina, not caputring Osama Bin Laden, the economy ruined and more failures to mention before realizing BUSH is a LOSER. So...please...pull your head out of your rear and realize McCain is nothing more than BUSH!!!!
Lets put this in prespective.........

Iraq war---Dems voted for it! That would include Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton etc. Obama wasn't there so he gets his free ride to say whatever he wants as a monday night arm chair quarterback.

Was the war run correctly? I would say in the beginning yes, then in the middle it lagged and now Yes. Mistakes were made during the war, I won't argue about that, but I will argue that we SHOULD be there and we should stay until we finish the job. I don't want to be sent back a 3rd time

Katrina--

So all these people can get on buses and go to rallies and the trial of the Jonas 5 (or whatever that name was) but they can't get on buses to leave the city? Also, they knew the storm was coming.....did you see anyone filling sand bags or shoring up the levies? So not to blame the people 100%.......The Federal Gov't had no juristication in Katrina. The local Gov't has to ask for help. So in one case you are right. Bush could have sent the Active Duty military into there since the local Gov't didn't ask the National Guard to do anything. And then we get into FEMA who totatly dropped the ball. Then you have the media making things worse than they were. I'm not saying things were not bad but the media made it sound like 1,000's died in the dome and the dome would have to be destroyed etc. etc.c etc. There were only like 2 deaths at the dome and last I checked they are playing football in the dome. But I also guess its Bush's fault that all these credit cards that were handed out to folks to get housing until the clean up was over were used to purchase Big Screen tv's, strip clubs and other frivoluous luxeries.

Bin Laden--

Have you put one foot on the ground over there in Afghanistan? They have been hiding in those mountains for 100's if not 1000's of years. There are tunnels everywhere and booby traps everywhere. If you think for one second the military hasn't tried to kill/capture him you have no clue. I think you will see that he is already dead or if he is alive the next President won't capture him either......especially if its Obama since he wants to cut military spending, pull troops from not just Iraq but the entire world. You can't really capture him if you are not there.

Terroist Attack--

But lets not talk about the fact that since 9/11 there hasn't been 1 successful attack on our soil. They have tried and our President has stopped them, along with the rest of the Gov't. So for all his failings as you see them.......you are still alive and can go to work, stores, strip clubs whatever with no worry that someone will bomb you or the building (at least from another country)

But lets remember something...........This Election isn't about Obama vs Bush.

Its Obama vs McCain. Its easy to lump McCain as Bush because he's a republican but that is as different as Clinton vs Pelosi as Democrats.

Voting party lines is stupid in my opionon. I vote for the candidate that would best suit me.....the not so avg American making enough money to get by plus a little extra for fun things and hopefully retire and fly R/C till the day I die.

As for McCains failings.....

I differ. Palin was a bold choice. It was something very different. An avg day citizen that hasn't been corrupted yet by Washington. Sounds great to me! Why would I want Biden in office....he's been there 30yrs and I've never heard of him doing 1 thing to help me, but I bet he's helped himself quite a bit (legally unless proven otherwise).

As for McCain being a Maverick. Sure you have to vote party line once inawhile and alot of times you have to give to get. That is US politics. Even the bailout bill was full of that crap......wooden arrows and rights for mental disorders ring a bell.

A hothead? Great, someone with some passion. Anger is good. You can't bottle everything up.

As for saying anything to get elected......that comment is not fair. Why? Every candidate says whatever brings them votes. Politics my friend.

I do agree the basis of the economy is ok. Yes stocks are plummeting but goods and electronics are not. What is crumbling is the banking system. Just one part of the economy. Also the economy is not just Wall Street. Can you still go out and buy a loaf of bread or go to a movie?

Are things slowing way down? Yes they are. Eventually they will come back up. Its those willing to wait it out that make money, not those scared who pull out now, sell at a loss, then have to get back in and buy at higher prices.

And why do you Blame McCain for people crying for Obama to die and that he is muslim? That is as much the medias fault. I've never seen McCain tell anyone to do those things or say anything about his religion.

I've seen him raise questions about his character from his association with people and companies that are against America.

Put yourself in my shoes.........If the Military found out I had those same relationships I guarntee you I would lose my Clearances. They wouldn't trust me with Secrets at that point. I've seen folks lose them for alot less than Obamas situation.

But we can let the President of the US have them?
sweetpea is offline Find More Posts by sweetpea
Last edited by sweetpea; 10-11-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by 3Dguy
Lurker
Antioch, Tennessee, USA
Joined Jan 2008
14,179 Posts

Well said.
3Dguy is offline Find More Posts by 3Dguy
Old 10-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by Al Czervik
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2006
455 Posts

All of your typing will be for naught come election day...!
Al Czervik is offline Find More Posts by Al Czervik
Old 10-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts

Maybe.......but I don't put faith in polls.

What actually matters is who actually casts the vote. Still 20 days or so left as well. Lots can happen.....heck look at the stock market in the past 14 days.

I also post so that if by chance Obama is elected I can tell everyone....."I told you so"
Old 10-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts

And the stock market problems center (as they are telling us) around what? Mortgages that should never have been made..... can you say ACORN?
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 10-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Find More Posts by dubd
Turbine Hucker
Silicon Valley
Joined May 2007
1,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
And the stock market problems center (as they are telling us) around what? Mortgages that should never have been made..... can you say ACORN?
Can you say George W Bush?

Do you really think ACORN was behind Goldman, Merrill, and Lehman brothers selling mortgage back series as a revenue stream? I know you're smarter than that.
dubd is offline Find More Posts by dubd
Old 10-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

I've come to the conclusion that McCain is gutless . . he has no spine. . and he is no leader.

Compromising is never the way to stand on Principle. I guess that explains why every time things get going hot for his campaign, he backs away and runs in a different direction. He does not have the stomach for a really good brawl that might end his Senatorial career, but would at least show the people that he is, indeed, a man of principle.

I'm actually sick of his antics. Obama may be the wrong choice, but McCain is certainly not a better alternative.
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old 10-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Joined Jan 2006
11,244 Posts

I don't know what to think...........there is still 20 some days left and I plan to wait it out.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts

I think we're all coming to grips with the same reality that McCain has over the past week or so. The economic crisis is like a noose around his neck, regardless of who'se fault is really is. He's intelligent enough to know that going for the throat right now would not swing any votes his way, only further solidify the differences that already exist in both camps.

Regardless of who wins, the immediate problems of the economy will need the immediate focus of both parties, so I think he's taking the high road here.

I could be wrong, and he could come out swinging in the next debate, but I expect he's trying to look at the larger problem of our economy rather than winning his next job.
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 10-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by jonkoppisch
United States, AL, Semmes
Joined Jan 2006
810 Posts

I heard someone say the other day that the reason that hillary didn't want in is because she knows that the next Pres is going to get hammered, no matter who they are. Then she could say, I told you so....

I wonder what obama's excuses will be???

It may be good if McCain doesn't get in as whoever does, with the current issues facing the US, I think that whatever decisions are made by the Pres (or govt which the Pres always gets blamed for) he's going to come out looking bad over...

The bad part is, we're just going to end up going down the toilet faster...
jonkoppisch is offline Find More Posts by jonkoppisch
Old 10-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Find More Posts by jaguar bone
balsa, glue & gas
United States, FL, Winter Garden
Joined Jun 2006
3,044 Posts

Dear friends,

I just read an article on the dangers of heavy drinking....
Scared the snot out of me.
So that's it!
After today, no more reading!

How to save this planet?
http://www.animalssavetheplanet.com/...wf?vidNumber=1
jaguar bone is offline Find More Posts by jaguar bone
Last edited by jaguar bone; 10-11-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:23 PM
balsa, glue & gas
Joined Jun 2006
3,044 Posts
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK & DON'T GET TOO BENT; please

Politics & religion- both great topics to burn bridges with a pair of keyboards.
Last edited by jaguar bone; 10-11-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Find More Posts by KrisW
Eccentricus Magnus
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2006
3,646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar bone View Post
Dear friends,

I just read an article on the dangers of heavy drinking....
Scared the snot out of me.
So that's it!
After today, no more reading!

How to save this planet?
http://www.animalssavetheplanet.com/...wf?vidNumber=1
At night, trees produce massive amounts of CO2. . End global warming. . kill the trees ! !
KrisW is offline Find More Posts by KrisW
Old 10-11-2008, 08:50 PM
balsa, glue & gas
Joined Jun 2006
3,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
All of your typing will be for naught come election day...!
Possibly with the help of his in the pocket media!
Check out this bitter banter I found regarding the NEW GENERATION two faced hypocritical news outlet accomplices.

"You'd like to think that a free press would be at least as interested in Obama's long relationship with Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko and Rev. Wright and what those relationships might say about him. Instead, they seem to see their duty as defending those associations and preventing any real examination of them.

At the same time, they have devoted page after page to a non-story about a rogue state trooper who threatened the governor's family. It is amazing how adroitly the media can change sides. Normally they would be outraged about a cop who made threats, abused his job, used a taser on his own stepchild, then was clearly protected by a state police force with the typical us against them police attitude. When Gov. Palin canned an obviously arrogant and insubordinate police chief, somehow the story is that she abused her power. That is the lead in every newspaper, even though the investigator noted she was perfectly within her power to can him.

This is reflective of the media-created storm over Bush firing a group of US Attorneys. Now the new AG has caved to pressure and appointed a special counsel because an investigation determined that "politics" was involved. News flash: politics is always involved in appointing US Attorneys. It is a patronage position. Clinton fired every one of them when he took office. No story there for the media, even though some of them were pursuing investigations of political corruption."

YUCK-n-puke!

Quick Reply