Old 02-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by pepe123
Team Pilot at Pilot-Rc
Pakistan, Punjab, Lahore
Joined Mar 2008
280 Posts
Discussion
Extreme flight extra 104 inch structural failure

Hi guys i am sure a lot of you might have not witnessed what i am going to tell you and show you in the pictures that i took of my airframe today a structural failure of the vertical rudder fin now after talking to the local extreme flight dealer and then my curtis from extreme flight today seems most of these builders are going to continue doing their r&d on their customers having the frame from a year started flying almost 2 months ago with dle-120cc hitech 7950 and sea craft accessories but today during the 4 flight doing my 3d freestyle sequence what i see is my rudder dangling managing to gain control of aircraft for the next minute and half i try to land which was unsuccessful resulted in almost 1400$ worth if i go for the entire new frame and prop ( meijzlik ) on close inspection me and other senior fellow flyers see is the vertical rudder fin was unglued from the turtle deck of the airframe . with zero strength to the rudder fin in terms of no dowels or the regular basic ways of attaching that we see on the other good quality airframes and bad epoxy or should i Chinese epoxy was used by the tall claimed extreme flight company now to tell you all is to let the builders know they really have to help their customers when its their own fault now just make tall claims in all the areas mr chris (extreme flight) i hope you can help me cause i still consider it a good plane but with a manufacturing flaw
pepe123 is offline Find More Posts by pepe123
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Old 02-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by Mitsu1
United States, AR, Maumelle
Joined Jun 2006
694 Posts
Glad I saw the OP was from Pakistan, 'cause I was about to rip some ol' boy on his grammar, and what exactly was he doing during class all those years ago?! ... ... All good now!
Mitsu1 is offline Find More Posts by Mitsu1
Old 02-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by jon595
Supercharged....
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Jan 2006
906 Posts
If thats the 104" Extra how did you get that cover scheme? Looks like a different plane to me.
jon595 is offline Find More Posts by jon595
Old 02-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Looks like the 125". Looks to be plenty of glue. Looks like the wood broke.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 02-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
RC Enthusiast
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Jan 2006
8,340 Posts
That's very unfortunate. Sorry for your loss. All I can say is be polite, go through the correct channels, and they will take care of you. That's why we buy Extreme Flight.
JoeAirPort is offline Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
Old 02-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggintuff View Post
Pass that popcorn over here too...
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old 02-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
RC Enthusiast
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Jan 2006
8,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecrankshaft View Post
Pass that popcorn over here too...
All that crunching is getting very loud in here.
JoeAirPort is offline Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
Old 02-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Find More Posts by Pappy
United States, TN, Collierville
Joined Nov 2006
1,222 Posts
Periods are used to separate sentences. (<---see) Makes it much easier to read.

I feel bad for the guy but posting a complaint publicly isn't the best way to try to influence an outcome.
Pappy is offline Find More Posts by Pappy
Old 02-05-2015, 11:38 PM
Find More Posts by VinceY
That guy
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Feb 2006
734 Posts
Maybe they don't use periods in Pakistan
VinceY is offline Find More Posts by VinceY
Old 02-05-2015, 11:42 PM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Periods are used to separate sentences. (<---see) Makes it much easier to read.

I feel bad for the guy but posting a complaint publicly isn't the best way to try to influence an outcome.
You maybe right but if I understand him correctly he has already talked to his local dealer and Curtis with Extreme Flight...
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old 02-06-2015, 12:25 AM
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT CEO
Cumming, Georgia
Joined Jan 2006
1,375 Posts
Put away your popcorn. If you've been paying attention for any length of time you all already know how this stuff gets handled. Don't know why the OP felt he had to come post this, but some folks are just impatient. This kind of thing really gets old. This airplane has been on the market for quite some time and already has a very well documented competition pedigree. The OP's statement that we let the customer do the R&D on our models is simply ludicrous. This airframe was tested and refined for close to 2 years before it was released. I am going to copy the exact message I sent to the OP here. This is how we have handled these types of situations for years now. I understand folk's frustration when things like this happen, but we have a very clear and defined way in which these things are handled and by simply following the process things get resolved. Running to the forums does nothing to expedite the process. Here is the text of my email to the gentleman in Pakistan:

Hello Sir, this is Chris from Extreme Flight writing. I am copying your distributor on this email as well. First I am sorry for your issues. This is quite rare, as I am sure you know this airframe has quite the competition pedigree and has been flown very aggressively by some of the best pilots in the world to international competition victories. One of the main reasons we have international distributors is so that they can provide customer service for the customers in their region. Truth be told most all of our overseas distributors profit far more than we do on our own product! There is a very simple method to resolve these rare instances when failures occur. The distributor takes care of the issue for the customer and in return our factory takes care of the distributor. This process has worked remarkably well for 13 years now. Our factory is well known for standing behind their product which allows us and our distribution partners to do the same. There is no possible way we can cover overseas warranty issues from our warehouse in the U.S. and stay in business!

I am sure you are frustrated and I understand this, but we have a clearly defined system to take care of these issues when they arise and we ask you and your distributor to please follow this system.

Sincerely,

Chris Hinson

Extreme Flight RC
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Old 02-06-2015, 12:40 AM
Find More Posts by VinceY
That guy
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Feb 2006
734 Posts
Plenty fair.
VinceY is offline Find More Posts by VinceY
Old 02-06-2015, 06:27 AM
Team Pilot at Pilot-Rc
Pakistan, Punjab, Lahore
Joined Mar 2008
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon595 View Post
If thats the 104" Extra how did you get that cover scheme? Looks like a different plane to me.
well its not a different plane it is an extreme flight and i was fortunate enough to get this colour scheame in the 100c after paying extra
Old 02-06-2015, 06:28 AM
Team Pilot at Pilot-Rc
Pakistan, Punjab, Lahore
Joined Mar 2008
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu1 View Post
Glad I saw the OP was from Pakistan, 'cause I was about to rip some ol' boy on his grammar, and what exactly was he doing during class all those years ago?! ... ... All good now!
i will tel you i was just thinking about planes at that time hope you get it

Quick Reply