logo
Old 01-17-2015, 07:35 PM
Find More Posts by vegasking1961
Team 3DRC Hobbies
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Feb 2011
1,211 Posts
Some people are just unbelievable! Couldn't please them if it was half the price. ^
vegasking1961 is offline Find More Posts by vegasking1961
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Y View Post
The 93" laser is much larger then a traditional 50cc airframe and should not really be compared to one. Andrew and his family have worked very hard to offer a great flying airplane that meets Andrew's high standards.

Boggintuff, I am sorry but every time someone lists something nice about one of Aj aircrafts new airplanes you come in and have to say something negative and especially when you have no experience with the aircraft. Seriously go troll some other forum.
I didnt say anything negative about the "plane" only the pricing. Forgot that this was a place that only one opinion was allowed....

Feel free to look past my comments or block me, either way you dont have to respond or read.
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Old 01-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by zippi
Evansville Indiana
Joined Feb 2006
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggintuff View Post
Well I dont think the crap padded bubble wrap style wing bags can count for much...other than that the hardware isnt much different than anyone else.

Whats in in the box that differs from any other ARF manufacturer?
EF sells same size airplane for $100 less...
Even 3DHS is cheaper and they are higher than everyone else in the market.
I will say that their shipping is more affordable than most, so if you want to argue that point....that one I'll give you.
If you want to say they are higher because its a newer startup, MAYBE ill give that to you as well.
93" Laser is STILL in the 50cc class despite the engine it was "designed" around. If you try tell me a 55-60cc engine cant have unlimited vertical and pull out in an 18-20lb airplane you are just crazy.

So please dont try to fluff the "what it comes with" part to justify the price, cause the wing bags are crap and never last.

With that said I might own one some day, heck I even can have local pickup so it makes it a little more enticing.
I started this thread because I like the giant scale Laser 230z that AJ Aircraft is putting out and what the satisfied customers had to say about the smaller versions that are out there. If you don't like the price and hardware that's fine but you don't have to come on my thread and start ranting about it. I think the hardware will be fine and I like the addition of the metal hub rubber wheels. I'll be posting pics and my setup so others that are interested In the 93"Laser can form their own opinions about buying one or not. We all want to enjoy this hobby and hear about all the new products coming out.
zippi is offline Find More Posts by zippi
Old 01-17-2015, 08:34 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Y
JTEC RADIOWAVE
Mooresville, NC
Joined Jan 2006
1,765 Posts
And my comments were not just based on that. In every thread about the lasers you have something negative to say about them.

It gets to be a bit much when that is all that you tend to comment on. If you knew Andrew or had any experience with the airplanes I really feel your opinion would be quite different.
Kevin Y is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Y
Old 01-17-2015, 08:46 PM
Find More Posts by Flynbulldog
IMAC and 3D
USA
Joined Jun 2006
516 Posts
There are always going to be people that are gonna shop price. Those people get what they pay for. I learned a long time ago that the lowest prices is not often the best value.

I have to look at AJ's planes and the value a couple of ways: First look at what this guy is doing guys, he's putting his butt on the line building these things - I see the pics of AJ stocking a container full of planes in his garage and it makes me want to support him even if it is a few bucks more.
Secondly, look what he's designing - it's risky doing what AJ does and that is bringing something different to the market and taking a chance. Most ARF manufacturers are just building the same planes as each other, AJ's designs are unique - To me these things equal value.

Personally I have to applaud Andrew, designing his own stuff and and investing a bunch to get it to market. It's a huge risk and I hope he does really well!
Flynbulldog is offline Find More Posts by Flynbulldog
Old 01-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by Crashflow
AKA 87 Days
United States, SD, Box Elder
Joined Jan 2013
507 Posts
I have a da60 that needs a new home. will it be enough for this plane or will it take a 70twin to perform well?
Crashflow is offline Find More Posts by Crashflow
Old 01-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Avoiding Fake News
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2007
1,753 Posts
I find the nose odd looking, but who cares if it flies well? Knowing AJ's design successes at 3DHS this plane will be well worth $800.

I know you can get a Pilot RC plane for less - if it is like mine, warped wings and wrong stab incidences are included for free.
5150flyer is offline Find More Posts by 5150flyer
Old 01-17-2015, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by atchfoot
United States, KS, Atchison
Joined Feb 2008
289 Posts
What kind of actual wing area does the 93" AJ Laser have? I received a e-mail from Tim at AJ Aircraft that said it was 1400 sq in. It seems a little small considering the 93" inch wingspan and 18-20lb AUW??
atchfoot is online now Find More Posts by atchfoot
Old 01-18-2015, 03:34 AM
Find More Posts by Wagga's
Oxted, U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
9 Posts
Any chance getting these into Europe ?? Well UK specifically.

I don't mind $800 pricing, as that what we pay for stuff in this size range. What normally happens here is an $800 plane ends up being £800. Which is $1100 !!!! Try that on for size !! :-)

a 3dhs 89 slick is £650 here, we'll above 800 bucks.

It would be nice that's all I'm saying. :-) the giant scale market has really taken a beating in the UK.

Cheers

Wayne
Wagga's is offline Find More Posts by Wagga's
Last edited by Wagga's; 01-18-2015 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
I do like how clean the Retro Scheme is. Tinted canopy is plus as well
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Old 01-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Find More Posts by zippi
Evansville Indiana
Joined Feb 2006
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atchfoot View Post
What kind of actual wing area does the 93" AJ Laser have? I received a e-mail from Tim at AJ Aircraft that said it was 1400 sq in. It seems a little small considering the 93" inch wingspan and 18-20lb AUW??
1400 sq. in. does seem a little on the small side. I would have thought somewhere around 1500-1600 sq. in. Maybe it's because the fuse is so wide they had to take a little off the wing. Maybe AJ or Tim will chime in and set us straight on the wing area.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
United States, IL, Moline
Joined Oct 2008
2,059 Posts
my AJ 73" laser was as big as my 60cc carden extra. not shitting ya. dont knock these planes untill u try it. it blew away everything ive owned. im going to be getting the 56" soon too. wish i could haul around the 93" but i bet its huge
nappyroots2182 is offline Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
Old 01-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Find More Posts by zippi
Evansville Indiana
Joined Feb 2006
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182 View Post
my AJ 73" laser was as big as my 60cc carden extra. not shitting ya. dont knock these planes untill u try it. it blew away everything ive owned. im going to be getting the 56" soon too. wish i could haul around the 93" but i bet its huge
I have the 60cc H9 Carden Extra. That's crazy that the 73" is that big. Can't wait to get the 93".
Old 01-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Find More Posts by Nikolei Zinsli
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Apr 2008
459 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday and am extremely happy with it. The covering is perfect, the internal assembly looks strong and the surfaces are HUGE. The aileron at the root is from my palm to my fingertips! What's better is the aileron hinges are glued AND sealed, the elevator hinges are glued and the rudder is removable with a long pin. THAT saves a HECK of a lot of assembly time, I hate gluing those in!
Nikolei Zinsli is offline Find More Posts by Nikolei Zinsli
Old 01-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippi View Post
But, this airframe was designed around the DA-70 twin so it's not your standard 50cc size airframe.
Just to get my "name in the lights here". Are you saying the DA 70 will fit within the cowling of the AJ Lazer without cutting relief holes?
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft

Quick Reply