logo
This thread is privately moderated by Jonnyshack, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:51 PM
Find More Posts by Jonnyshack
Trader Rating: 12
Living on the Edge
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2006
48 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
$500.00 USD
Will not ship
Sold
CARF 3M Extra 260 Parts

Had bought this with the intention of getting it back together but after digging into it, I think I'm better parting everything out. For those that would like to get it flying again with replacement parts, you will need a new fuse and cowling at a minimum. Optional new parts include the canopy and canopy frame, rudder, wheel pants, and CF landing gear. The wings are fine, so are horizontal stab/elevators, and wing/stab tubes. The rudder currently installed has had some repair work to the top of it and an orange peel finish on the bottom half. It is functional and works fine, just cosmetic issues.

If you wanted to fix everything, you could do so with some good fiberglass skills. Basically, you are looking at re-glassing from the landing gear forward. The structure is there and the firewall incidence still appears to be correct. It looks like mostly reinforcing work. There is a spot along the empenage that also has a "creak" to it and would need a reinforcement patch for ease of mind in my opinion. The cowling is toast and you need to buy a new one. The canopy was cracked at one point before and someone fiberglassed the inside of it and did a good job as well. This is useable and strong, just cosmetic in nature and would work well if you painted it over instead of being clear. One gear half is starting to delaminate in the "flex" area up toward the fuse. Personally, I have repaired this with thin CA and a vise clamp with great success but that's just me. Wheel pants are useable but could use a little reinforcement.

Can't ship this so it will have to be a local pickup. $500 gets you the all of the following:

Fuse/rudder/tailwheel assembly
Wings/ailerons/CF wing tube
Stabs/Elev/Alum stab tube
Canopy/frame
Wheel pants
CF Gear/axles/tires

Currently, there are servos installed. Aileron-(4) Futaba S9351, Elevators-(4) Futaba S9351, and Rudder-(2) Reef 444 on a pull-pull. Those can be included and left installed for an additional $470 (that's $40 each for the Futaba and $75 each for the Reef)

I took some pics but it would probably be best to call me and I can text you the rest or anything that you are wanting to see specifically. Also, if you want to come by and take a look, that works too. Any other questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Jon
Jonnyshack is offline Find More Posts by Jonnyshack
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-23-2021, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by teamjantz
Trader Rating: 3
a****er ca.
Joined Jun 2009
62 Posts
Can you give me a call please! 209-606 eight1six2 Lenny
teamjantz is offline Find More Posts by teamjantz
Old 02-25-2021, 01:00 AM
a****er ca.
Joined Jun 2009
62 Posts
Just wondering if you still have the wings?
Old 02-26-2021, 11:36 PM
a****er ca.
Joined Jun 2009
62 Posts
???????????????????????????????