Old 11-21-2019, 02:53 PM
Find More Posts by MarksHangar
I'm just "Miss Behavin"
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined May 2014
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
OMG!!!! So the iX12 is just an expensive handheld video game??? LOL!!!
MarksHangar is online now Find More Posts by MarksHangar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-23-2019, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
United States, IL, Moline
Joined Oct 2008
1,896 Posts
30 degrees outside but I'm going flying !
nappyroots2182 is offline Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
Old 11-23-2019, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
8,073 Posts
I flew with the iX20 today, first with the Veloxity and then with the EF Turbo Raven. It was a nice CAVU day, about 45F and maybe 7ish kts.
Random thoughts:
I’m coming from a DX18 so I’m still getting used to where everything is, but overall I think it is great. The gimbals are super smooth and very precise. It came with 3 gimbal sticks, of different lengths, I used the shortest. The human factors engineering is well thought out, it just feels correct with the switch placement right where I'd expect to find them. It was used on 4 flights, and the "gas gauge" barely moved.

I’m confident enough now in it to fly my 104 Extra with it next weekend, wx permitting.
ghoffman is online now Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 12-01-2019, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by Eury
A fifth of Peter.
United States, NH, Nottingham
Joined May 2006
805 Posts
I got a chance to play around with Garyís iX20 yesterday. Iím not a Spektrum person, the iX12 cured me of that, but the iX20 was awfully impressive. Very nice controls with extra switches and trimmers and a nice feel in the hand. It has the same interface as the 12, but it is everything that one wasnít in terms of performance. It booted up quickly, switched models as quick as any normal radio, and nothing lagged. I setup a new model in it, went through and did some custom mixes, setup timers, dual rates etc and everything was as fast or faster than a conventional radio but much clearer and easier with the screen. Very impressive. Even took a picture with the camera for the model picture.

Am I going to buy one? I donít know. Iím 95% a heli guy on Mikado V Control so I donít need a radio like this for that, and everything else is on Frsky with OpenTX. If I was going to have one radio to rule them all, I think Iíd go with the iX20. I like it better than the Jeti DS16 I flew for years before going to a heli specific radio. Iíd miss the programming of OpenTX that Iíve gotten used to and the way my chosen heli flight controller works with Spektrum is less than ideal, so I donít think Iíll end up buying one but I donít think thereís a better all around high end radio on the market at this point.
Eury is offline Find More Posts by Eury
Old 12-03-2019, 04:54 PM
Find More Posts by haribo
Joined Dec 2016
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eury View Post
I’m 95% a heli guy on Mikado V Control so I don’t need a radio like this for that
I have to say that Mikado's marketing department is somewhat ridiculous with regard to the radio promotion for ''giant fliers''

There is no user manual, nothing mentioned at the official site and the only sponsored guy talking about it I think he does it for himself because he's also sponsored by Scorpion motors.

(*FB link censorship) https://www.face book.com/watch/?v=321805392022602
haribo is offline Find More Posts by haribo
Old 12-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by Eury
A fifth of Peter.
United States, NH, Nottingham
Joined May 2006
805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
I have to say that Mikado's marketing department is somewhat ridiculous with regard to the radio promotion for ''giant fliers''

There is no user manual, nothing mentioned at the official site and the only sponsored guy talking about it I think he does it for himself because he's also sponsored by Scorpion motors.

(*FB link censorship) https://www.face book.com/watch/?v=321805392022602

The Mikado actually works great for planes and if I built a giant scale again Iíd put it in it. However the cheapest receiver is $100 and thatís just more than Iím willing to put in to the smaller stuff Iím flying now.

Their documentation is weak at best. All the real info comes from the wiki on vstabi.info and even then there are gaps. With helis itís not a real issue since it is such a common setup and the community is great. With the planes above setup with it thereís a lot more trial and error.
Eury is offline Find More Posts by Eury

Quick Reply