logo
This thread is privately moderated by Bill Clark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by e-can-too
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2006
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott594 View Post
No mention of the Turnigy lineup. I would have expected to see mention of them here by now? Maybe it's because they sell mainly smallish Gas motors?

I just stuck my neck out and ordered a TR-32 to go with my new Super Chipmunk from Aztek. $200 for the chippy, and $165 (+23 UPS) for the Turnigy Motor. 3.8hp for <$200 seemed worth rolling the dice.

This is my foray into "going big for less", so far I've got a 80" Super Chipmunk with a 32cc motor. Servos are the next big expense. Can't compromise there, this could hurt something/someone if it gets away from me. This is my 1st foray into Gas aircraft. We'll see how a budget build will fly. I think I'm making my moves strategically, suggestions are welcome.

From the reviews of the Turnigys, they had kind of a rough start, on the 26cc they let a bunch out with unsealed bearings and wrong muffler bolt patterns. Nobody could get them to draw fuel because all the crankcase pulse was going out through the bearings, thus no fuel pumping. From the looks of the reviews, they are on the 2nd batch and things have improved quite a lot. There are even people so happy they're buying 2nds.
I'll let you know how my TR-32 works out. I'm an old racer, so if there's cheating going on, I'll know it. And it won't be going on any plane of mine unless all is right.

Does anyone know if they are a Turnigy in house product, or being made for HK by another mfgr? I did compare the 26cc one to the SPE, and it appears identical. That was a "no-name" model, not a Turnigy. They DO have a a 26cc Turnigy. The 30 and 32 cc models don't look familiar either. Wonder why such a disparity in HP ratings? The TR-32 is 3.8hp(1075g auw), and the 30cc is rated 2.7 hp (939g auw). They both show similar prop ratings, as does the RCG (18x10 stretch to 19x8), but at 20% more cost. If one were REALLY 1.1hp stronger, I'd expect to see it pulling a heavier prop, or the same one a lot faster.

The TR-32 touts it's performance reeds and porting. Maybe it's for real, they are getting 1.1 more hp from it if you can believe the HP specs on any of them.
HK doesn't "make" anything! It is all bought on the open market from manufacturers and their name put on it.
e-can-too is offline Find More Posts by e-can-too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-17-2015, 07:43 AM
Find More Posts by JoeT
Racer, Flyer, Dad!
Canada, ON, Vaughan
Joined Oct 2013
1,708 Posts
Turnigy 53 & 26 are made by XYZ
The 32cc engine looks like it's made by DLA

As a budget engine, the 53 and 26's have great reviews.

Here are a couple of videos for the TR-32 and DLA-32

DLA-32:
Sbach 342 with 32ccm DLA Motor - Aspen gasoline test (4 min 46 sec)

TR-32:
Turnigy TR 32сс Gas Engine - Test (0 min 47 sec)
JoeT is online now Find More Posts by JoeT
Old 09-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by superextraspecial
United States, WI, Wrightstown
Joined Jul 2010
24 Posts
Here to stay is www.ZDZEnginesUSA.com.

Facebook.com/zdzenginesusa
superextraspecial is offline Find More Posts by superextraspecial
Old 09-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Find More Posts by scootr
2 many planes 2 little time
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Sep 2015
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superextraspecial View Post
Here to stay is www.ZDZEnginesUSA.com.

Facebook.com/zdzenginesusa
What's the password , that's admin login
scootr is offline Find More Posts by scootr
Old 09-19-2017, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Only Amateurs Measure First
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Apr 2016
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr View Post
What's the password , that's admin login
+1
Keith Cannon is offline Find More Posts by Keith Cannon
Old 09-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by YongXU
Quzhou, Zhejiang,China
Joined Oct 2006
39 Posts
VVRCRCGF www.vvrcrcgf.com
YongXU is offline Find More Posts by YongXU
Old 05-17-2021, 10:24 PM
Find More Posts by Fly shot
Joined May 2021
3 Posts
If you have to choose one engine for the rest of you life which one would be and why?

Hi guys I what to build a giant extra 300 airplane with around 200cc gas but there are too many engines options so I just one to know which ones would be the most suitables about power and trustworthy .
Fly shot is offline Find More Posts by Fly shot
Old 03-21-2022, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by captmicom
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
United States, AZ, Sierra Vista
Joined Apr 2011
44 Posts
Hi Bill, DL is no more.. It died when we lost Uncle Dong back in like 2005 or 06. The company was split into DLE and DLA..
captmicom is offline Find More Posts by captmicom
Old 03-21-2022, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by captmicom
RCGF Engines for 16 Yrs.
United States, AZ, Sierra Vista
Joined Apr 2011
44 Posts
Hi Bill, the brand RCGF does not exist anymore, unless someone tries to steal the brand again.. We have retired the brand because we just couldn't keep it unmolested.. We have moved on with our new line called Stinger Engines. You can see the stinger engines at: www.rcgfusa.com

Thanks, Joe
captmicom is offline Find More Posts by captmicom
Old 10-07-2022, 03:55 AM
Find More Posts by Bob Rayan
Joined Oct 2022
1 Posts
New Production

Good morning ,

Thanks to all of you for adding me,

im honored to be among you. We are a new team that has purchased the projects and rights of the new Air.en 150 GAS RID 2022, and we will start production shortly. We produce in the USA (but for now we will not tell you where), and we will make various engines and the fantastic engine never built before for the general public RC Scale that you see below in Rendering. The engine is made up of great technology, like the real scale gearbox to fit perfectly scaled and variable pitch propeller. And the shaft and hollow to accommodate the oil pump for the variation of the pitch of the blades. It is equipped with a centrifugal compressor, and the pistons are lighter than the old historical version. The power reached now and around you have 18 Hp but we still have to verify it. Compression has been increased and so has the valve timing to give much more volume and a much faster exhaust fluidity. We will update you on the details soon. The designer we all know has informed us for whom to contact (here with us) that he has already had experience with the famous previous engine but was unlucky in management and production as there was not a team that could take care of everything. And this is always an important point. It is difficult on your own to be able to do everything it takes to manage a product in a serious way. We will keep you informed of the developments and expect the official release in July August 2023. The price will be high because of the construction costs also of the very reliable reducer and the new cylinder head, and the rear group that houses the Turbine and the small starter motor. This engine cannot be started by hand but only by electric start. Enjoy the renderings kindly granted by the designer who, unfortunately, is currently under treatment for a serious illness. As always, great minds don't live long to gratify us over time.

We will be happy to hear what you thought of this product. We will answer your questions

BOB Rayan
Bob Rayan is offline Find More Posts by Bob Rayan
Old 09-28-2023, 11:55 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Clark
Professional Maker
Ocoee, Florida
Joined Jun 2009
192 Posts
Oh man. This thing needs a serious update
Bill Clark is offline Find More Posts by Bill Clark
Old 11-02-2023, 12:22 AM
Find More Posts by JFSohm
United States, NY, Stone Ridge
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
Looks like another pipe dream for the ultra wealthy. I used to fantasize about making or being able to buy a multi-cylinder radial like a miniature R-2800 to put in that ultra scale Corsair. Then I grew up (mentally) and realized I’d never have the money or technical knowledge to maintain that type of system. Not to mention, one momentary lapse and a plane that costs as much as a car, and not a used junker of a car, is nothing but a memory and a bag full of scrap. I can think of many things to waste my money on besides something like this. God bless you for your entrepreneurial thoughts but aside from a museum or millionaire who is in love with this idea, I think the market for this is very limited so in the words of Mr. Wonderful on Shark Tank, “For that reason, I’m out”. Best of luck to you but notice no further updates for over a year now.
JFSohm is offline Find More Posts by JFSohm
Old 03-04-2024, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by Kitchenman
United States, FL, Hobe Sound
Joined Dec 2019
38 Posts
So I’m a motor guy who likes sparked NITRO engines.

Who’s brands are good and great for big birds . Thanks
Kitchenman is offline Find More Posts by Kitchenman
Old 03-04-2024, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by rcbobp
Have Fun And Fly
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Apr 2008
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchenman View Post
So I’m a motor guy who likes sparked NITRO engines.

Who’s brands are good and great for big birds . Thanks

I've got a YS 200. Uses nitro fuel but has an ignition module (no glow igniter). Plenty of power for a 2M pattern plane. I don't know what the equivalent gas engine size would be, but I suspect no more than 35 cc.
rcbobp is offline Find More Posts by rcbobp
Old 03-13-2024, 10:26 PM
Find More Posts by PapaJim
United States, SC, Spartanburg
Joined Jan 2020
88 Posts
Need Identification of the twin please.

I would appreciate it very much if anyone could id what this twinengine is. Thanks

Name: P3140021.jpg
Views: 21
Size: 1.20 MB
Description:

Name: P3140022.jpg
Views: 25
Size: 1.26 MB
Description:
PapaJim is offline Find More Posts by PapaJim

Quick Reply