logo
Old 06-23-2020, 07:48 PM
Find More Posts by newshoundaussie
Canada, ON, London
Joined Jan 2006
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friessen View Post
Sorry but if you have had to deal with this illness. The not me, never happen it's fake attitude about social distancing and masks is very disturbing.
Everyone who attends these events with no social distancing should be required to have a side trip inside an ICU unit of Covid patients. Also please remember the hospital staff that are required to look after covid patients their families are also at great risk. You will change your mind, or maybe not because it is your right as a citizen to possibly infect others.

Also everyone attending these events need to head to the closest covid testing site.

Here is a novel idea. Take this year off from events. Fly at your own field with social distancing. Save your travel money and buy a new plane. No better way to support our hobby industry.
newshoundaussie is offline Find More Posts by newshoundaussie
Last edited by newshoundaussie; 06-23-2020 at 08:00 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2020, 07:55 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined Jan 2006
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfinley View Post
Could you imagine being so miserable, that when you see people enjoying life you automatically have to start nagging about something they're doing "wrong".

Cant wait to not social distance again.
Sorry but I do not enjoy seeing people die needlessly! My point is I enjoy life and being able have and meet new friends.

Also thank you for social distancing, keep up the good work..
Last edited by newshoundaussie; 06-23-2020 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by heligrom
NY, USA
Joined Jan 2007
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshfinley View Post
Could you imagine being so miserable, that when you see people enjoying life you automatically have to start nagging about something they're doing "wrong".

Cant wait to not social distance again.

So it's ok for them to not social distance but you're doing it for fun I guess?

The hypocrisy in your post is amazing.
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Old 06-24-2020, 12:02 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team AJ Aircraft / Team JR
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
Wow this thread turned to a spit show super fast...
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old 06-24-2020, 12:51 AM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newshoundaussie View Post
Hopefully companies like Extreme Flight and Horizon will think twice about sponsoring or lending their name to events during this time.
Covid19 has killed over 120,000 beautiful US citizens in 4 1/2 months and counting. That's 40 times the deaths from the attack on the twin towers.
Please folks take a year off from close contact events or at least use safe practices. Let's try and get this under some sort of control so businesses can reopen and stay open.
36,000 ish people on average die per year driving automobiles.

3100 ish of those were teen drivers.

This is also an epidemic no one is talking about... I am not in denial regarding Covid 19, I have been around it first hand. Where I am currently located, I work with a small team of people. Of this group, several of them were confirmed positive for Covid 19. I worked closely everyday with these guys up until they were quarantined. I was fortunate and did not show any symptoms, not saying that I might have been a carrier, just that I never showed symptoms. Should we show a bit more care during these times, sure. These people are all grown adults or have their legal guardians present with them. It is their choice to practice safe distancing or not, just as you have the choice to not attend any events during this time period. For you to project your level of comfort on others is a bit ridiculous.
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 06-24-2020, 05:18 AM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
The recovery rate is 97-99.75%. So the odds are in our favor if anyone gets the illness. Covid testing is also being underutilized right now. There are so many testing areas out there and no one seems to even want to get a test done. Testing centers around me are closing because hardly anyone was wanting a test. you only need to talk to your doctor and tell them you want a test and they will write you a script. I already had the antibody test done myself because I was curious. I did test negative and was hoping for a positive. We all need to be careful but we also cannot live in a bubble. If you personally want to, then your free to do so. But none of us has the right to tell someone else how they must live their life.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 06-24-2020, 08:34 AM
NY, USA
Joined Jan 2007
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheliflyer View Post
36,000 ish people on average die per year driving automobiles.

3100 ish of those were teen drivers.

This is also an epidemic no one is talking about... I am not in denial regarding Covid 19, I have been around it first hand. Where I am currently located, I work with a small team of people. Of this group, several of them were confirmed positive for Covid 19. I worked closely everyday with these guys up until they were quarantined. I was fortunate and did not show any symptoms, not saying that I might have been a carrier, just that I never showed symptoms. Should we show a bit more care during these times, sure. These people are all grown adults or have their legal guardians present with them. It is their choice to practice safe distancing or not, just as you have the choice to not attend any events during this time period. For you to project your level of comfort on others is a bit ridiculous.
Cool, 36k in 12 months. 120k have died in 4 months from Covid. 4 times the amount in 1/3 of the time.

The whole "it's their choice thing" is the major issue in the US right now. Sure, there is no government mandate to wear a mask or social distance, but the intelligent thing to do is to wear a mask and social distance to stop the spread of the virus.

Not for necessarily your health but for the health of that immunocompromised person you may walk by, or that slightly older person you may come in contact with.

I live in a city that was/is an epicenter of this. There really is no need for any big r/c event to be going on right now.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:23 AM
Find More Posts by eheliflyer
TEAM FUTABA
Mansfield Oh
Joined May 2006
1,664 Posts
36k per year every year, Covid has some catching up to do!

And yes, awesome pics indeed!
eheliflyer is offline Find More Posts by eheliflyer
Old 06-24-2020, 09:37 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team AJ Aircraft / Team JR
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
3,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligrom View Post
Cool, 36k in 12 months. 120k have died in 4 months from Covid. 4 times the amount in 1/3 of the time.
Are we certain all of those deaths are strictly from COVID-19, or are there other causes of death lumped into that number who just happen to have COVID-19? The large number of medical personnel out there claiming the latter leads me to believe that 120k number is overinflated...

Quote:
The whole "it's their choice thing" is the major issue in the US right now. Sure, there is no government mandate to wear a mask or social distance, but the intelligent thing to do is to wear a mask and social distance to stop the spread of the virus.
There are many areas where government entities have mandated the use of face masks in public, much to the medical detriment of many (myself included). The intelligent thing to do is also to not wear a face mask to limit your exposure to CO2 levels that are considered dangerously high, as well as the unsanitary bacterial breeding ground that face masks become. Many respiratory therapists do not recommend wearing a face mask for these reasons. Not to mention, face masks do very little to curb the spread given the unfathomable number of individuals wearing either improper face wear that does not properly seal to your face. We can also mention that face masks can't stop COVID-19 particles from escaping.

Quote:
Not for necessarily your health but for the health of that immunocompromised person you may walk by, or that slightly older person you may come in contact with.
This is going to sound completely offensive, and I hope that it impacts in a memorable way, but that is not mine, nor your responsibility. That is that individuals responsibility to ensure that they are sufficiently protected from the environment around them. My responsibility is for the health of my immediate family, seconded by my closest friends, and nobody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying skunks View Post
can't we just keep this about the Great pictures that Karen took of People and Planes , People enjoying themselves , and NOT turn this into a political Chit Show ??

Thanks for the Pix , we need this
I concur. We don't need negativity spreaders in this day and age. The event looks like it was an awesome time and I wish that I were able to attend. One of these days I'll make the trek across the US
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Last edited by Xpress..; 06-24-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:11 AM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
<<The large number of medical personnel out there claiming the latter leads me to believe that 120k number is overinflated>>

you probably want to be a bit careful where you tread here. You are making claims positioning yourself as an expert on prevention as well as insinuating that the data has been falsified.

This is not "negativity spreading". This is the reality of C 19. You want to go hang with a bunch of people who ignore the protocols, be my guest, but don't expect others to welcome you with open arms for doing so.
FGNewbie is online now Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Last edited by FGNewbie; 06-24-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:22 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,566 Posts
It is really very simple if you are afraid or if you have underlying conditions then don’t go. Most of the homemade masks are just virtue signaling anyway you might as well use stage make up.
ghoffman is online now Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 06-24-2020, 10:46 AM
NY, USA
Joined Jan 2007
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
It is really very simple if you are afraid or if you have underlying conditions then don’t go. Most of the homemade masks are just virtue signaling anyway you might as well use stage make up.
No, not at all. They're a way to stop the virus from spreading. It takes zero effort to wear one and doesn't interfere with your life. Sure, you might get a weird tan line, but that's it.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:59 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,566 Posts
I guarantee you that I cannot infect anyone at that event In MI from NH. I’m not sure who to believe, the WHO now says asymptomatic people don’t spread. I do know crocheting a mask with 3mm holes is makeup (as Alyssa Milano did)
ghoffman is online now Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 06-24-2020, 11:28 AM
Canada, ON, London
Joined Jan 2006
516 Posts
Sorry it is not that simple as staying away it will not stop the spread and threat to others. Please realize people who attend events in large groups with no precautions e.g.. self distancing or masks, help facilitate the spread to others.
Denial and excuses are our worst enemy right now.

We all love attending Joe Nall and surely missed it this year. They made a tough choice, but the right one by cancelling the event. Other R/C events need to follow this brave move by the leading R/C Event in America. Triple Tree can only be commended and as always are a class act.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by AKNick
1Corinthians 3:18
United States, AK, Juneau
Joined Feb 2014
1,611 Posts
That Timber with a twin, buck teeth, three bladed prop, PR's, and a regular tailwheel is quite the modded machine. Haven't seen one in that configuration yet.

As far as the other posts, maybe put them here:
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...ighlight=covid
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...ighlight=covid

Yeah, the lack of social distancing or masks appear disregarded in these photos for many. If mask wearing is that big of a deal for some, choose to wear one out of respect for others who are actually concerned about their own health. Not wearing a mask at an event seems a little selfish IMO. There is still a lot of uncertainty so I'll attempt to do my part for others sake. I'm sure those who feel compromised would not go or would wear a mask. Sorry to tread on this thread.
AKNick is offline Find More Posts by AKNick
Last edited by AKNick; 06-24-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply